Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Artest seeks trade

Lurker

did u guys forget who drafted artest yea ISIAH THOMAS did all of u forget where artest is from NY it looks like an even match to me and Isiah likes to take players that have alot of problems because he sees more than just trouble he sees talent and artest is what we need trust me

Veteran

Ron Artest will be traded in 10 days mark my words. He wants to come to NY and either by trade or by free agency he will be a NY Knick eventually BUT in all reality we have 3-4 contracts plus other scenarios that match up with Artests cap restriction wise WHICH not too many other teams can argue with. Predrag Stojakovic is Indiana's first choice i believe but if Artest isnt going to show up, would you really trade for him? prolly yes haha but still...and im not completely sure Isiah has the heart enough to trade Q especially at this time, it comes down to JJ, JC, Rose, prolly Q and even Taylor. I think well land him for Q and a pick/or one of Ariza/Lee if for anything...should be interesting.

now just to clear up the last comment ISIAH THOMAS did NOT draft Ron Artest...Isiah Thomas was never the GM of the Chicago Bulls.

Im not up to date on current NBA contracts. But is it true that Sacramento are top bidders by offering Pedja for Ron straight up evenly?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I can't believe that piece of trash Malik Rose makes more than Ron!!!!!!! How can we match contracts, and still give the Pacers talent in a deal? It just doesn't seem like it can happen.

If you were the Pacers GM, what would you want from the Knicks? I would only want Frye and Ariza (and im sure they dont even match up to Ron's salary) My prediction is Artest & Tinsley to Denver for Miller and that foregin guy. Or Ron to Sac for Pedja if its an even salary deal.

Its going to be fun week of reading all the rumors. Why is Stephen A. Smith and Peter Vecesy so quite?? Is that a sign that Ron is not headed to a big market team??

Veteran

bad news for us...GM Walsh stated that Artest told him he'd play anywhere. Indy said they have not heard from Isiah (yet) but expect a call from him today. They said they are just going to look for the best offer available... not a good sign for us.

its inevitable that Indy starts out asking for Frye but i think/hope the best offer we give them is Q & Lee.

man im starting to lose hope on this...we have 10 days to see though

knicks best chance is by offering
    JC or Q: 6.5mm or 6.8mm
    AD or Penny: 15.7 or 13.8mm
    & either Nate or Ariza: 1.1mm or 0.6mm

For:

Ron A: 6.5mm
    Austin C.: 8.9mm
    Bender: 7.1mm

Knicks get Ron and two bad contract and give up a shooting guard, salary cap relief and a future all star. looks fair to me. Peace

Bringing Ron Artest will NOT guarantee anything for New York, but will in turn give us less space to make moves for better players and we'll be trading up the farm for him. Why can't NYer's just be patient and lets see our draft picks make some moves. All that is going to end up happening is that Lee, Ariza and et al will all be traded to another system where they will flourish and eventually destroy the Knicks....play the rooks !!!

Originally Posted by vinod1227
    Bringing Ron Artest will NOT guarantee anything for New York
    I totally disagree on that....look back at all the boxscores in the games knicks have played - which type player totally kills us??
    Game 1 - Pierce 30pts
    Game 2 - Jamison 20pts
    Game 3 - Richardson 24pts
    Game 4 - Miles 26pts
    Game 5 - Richardson 24pts
    Game 6 - Peja 31pts
    Go through the list on nba.com and you will see that the SG/SG position on every team scored a min. of 20pts against the knicks

Need I continue????
    The knicks let the most points in at the league's deadliest position SG/SF - you don't think having a lockdown defender on the kobes, T'macs, Redd's, Lebron's of the NBA will be good for the knicks?
    In addition to his D, expect 20pts, 6boards, 4 asts and about 3 steals a game from him....

And this will not be an upgrade over
    Ariza?
    Woods?
    Rose?
    and whoever else the knicks play at SF?

We need artest.

Isn't Bender retiring? If so, I do not think his contract is tradable. Artest would help this lineup tremendously, but not if we give up Frye (who the pacers will more than likely demand to be in the trade). The Knicks must keep Frye in order for a trade, like Artest, to be affective and add to the strength of the team. I would take Austin in the trade; I think he is a good offensive player off the bench. Yes he is over priced, but if it lets us keep Frye and get Artest, I am all for it.

Superstar

yeah bender is. artest is a PERFECT FIT. he can score which we need, awesome intense defender which we definitely need. he says hell be in ny when hes a free agent (he has 2 years left and a player option on the third). which means waiting at least two years.

This is from realgm.com: "Pacers president Donnie Walsh said he expects to hear from the Knicks when the bidding for Indiana star Ron Artest heats up, but they are by no means the preferred bidder even though Artest said he would like to play for the Knicks in an "ideal world." And also, he said hed play anywhere else. The article says he would want Frye, who i say is basically the only untouchable right now. id do marbury for him cuz i have enough faith in a backcourt of craw/nate/q/penny. marbury hasnt been himself and we could afford to lose him. id even throw in ariza if need be. id trade james obviously, lee even. the issue is salary and the ones that come to mind are marb, craw, james, penny, rose, taylor. but they would want a rookie thrown in cuz they hav cheap contracts, to make the talent equal. i think we have a strong chance of getting him which would be incredible. and yeah, wed have to swallow croshere, but as said, he can shoot and is pretty solid.

I can't see how Frye would not be in the deal. And, I can't see how they get him without Croshere, either.

What do you guys think of Marburry for Artest???

Indy can use Marbury. And i think not even Stephon can get in the way of turning the Pacers into deadweight like he does w/ every team he touches.

C-Curry
    PF- Frye
    SF- Artest
    PG-CRAWFORD (This is scary, but we can get a pointguard somehow)
    SG-RICHARDSON (not impressed here, Im sorry for QRICH, but as far as the team is concearned, we should probably part ways and just let him take year off to recover...his game has been off)

& in Indiana
    C-O'Neal
    PF-Granger
    SF- Jackson
    PG-Marbury
    SG-Forgein guy w/ the longest name ever on a jersey

Originally Posted by Starks
    What do you guys think of Marburry for Artest???

Indy can use Marbury. And i think not even Stephon can get in the way of turning the Pacers into deadweight like he does w/ every team he touches.

C-Curry
    PF- Frye
    SF- Artest
    PG-CRAWFORD (This is scary, but we can get a pointguard somehow)
    SG-RICHARDSON (not impressed here, Im sorry for QRICH, but as far as the team is concearned, we should probably part ways and just let him take year off to recover...his game has been off)

& in Indiana
    C-O'Neal
    PF-Granger
    SF- Jackson
    PG-Marbury
    SG-Forgein guy w/ the longest name ever on a jersey
    There is NO WAY Indiana would take a contract like his, never mind a 6"2' PG/SG ball hog that can't make anyone around him better.

Superstar

yeah i cant see them taking marbury although i wouldnt be opposed. larry brown can then get his earl watson/eric snow passing pg and have nate/q/craw cover the guard spots

Veteran

there set at the PG spot and arent looking for any improvement in that position...they are looking for a SG so they can move Jackson to the SF or a SF in return. Granger doesnt seem like he can handle the 4 anyway...Q or JC & Lee or Ariza is what theyll take.