Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Artest seeks trade

Veteran

Default Artest seeks trade

mite be wondering why this is in the Knicks section, well just listen. Ron wants to be the number one man in the offense (obviously Indy's is O'Neal). He's been seeking a trade and even though the Kings have been the big pursuers it is known widely that Ron wont even show up to play for them if hes traded there. His three choices are Cleveland, New York & Miami...according to Smith in that order..

We need a SF, I want Ron Artest, baggage and all...who do we have to give up to get him? I think theyll ask for Jamal...they want a better SG than Jackson and their salaries match up...long shot of getting him..but what would it take..and be logical (salaries fit etc)

Bring Ronnie home!!!!

Jamal and Ariza no problem - for #1 defensive player of the year + crazy offense plus the balls that the knicks lack...

Is this a rumor, or fact? I'd break the bank for Ronnie. There is no way we should have skipped him in that draft that year...it still haunts me. Damn you Scott Layden, i hope u rot in hell.

Lurker

I would take Artist. He may be a crazy ****, but at least he doesn't torture animals. (so far as I know)

You mentioned that the main motivating factor behind his desire to be traded is to be the #1 offensive option, but then listed Cleveland and Miami as two of the top three teams? Is this for real? There are already legitimate MVP candidates residing on each of those teams.

Veteran

yes this is fact. i will never report anything on here that has no basis of truth. and yea the offensive center piece and Cleveland & Miami dont sound like a fit but those we're his choices...remember people this is Ron "jump in the crowd, ask for time off to promote a rap cd, painted face, pull shorts down" artest. not everything makes sense with him.

but yes those are his choices even though Sac's persuing a Stojakovic for him swap he has no intentions or willingness to go there. Cleveland/NY/Miami are his top three...NY being second.

Veteran

do we still have the draft rights to fredric weis??...

Is ther an article we can read that brings up Ron wanting to be traded?? Im just curious where you heard this from

Yesterday on Espn shooteround before the nets/cavs games they mentioned Artest wants out of Indiana and again at halftime of the game.

Its only a rumor so take it with a grain of salt.

Veteran

wrong...get facts before you state a conclusion please. sorry if that sounded rude but just take the advice.

in a perfect world he said he'd be going to new york... even if he goes to a west coast team he would like to go to new york when his contract expires.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Wow!
    That was the best thing I heard all season
    "In a perfect world, I'd be going to NY"!!!!!

C'mon Isiah bring home the prodigal son!

Veteran

owed an apology?

well the good thing about pursuing this trade is we can offer many things..well in some senses..one we can go straightup with a trade involving JC, Q, Malik & JJ as centerpeices of it. we can also add the soon to retire contract of Jonathan Bender off their hands making the lump sum up to 13 million...from there we can offer many combinations..salary relief (with expiring contracts). Malik Rose & JJ or other combos. but i see it coming down to one of those players + David Lee or Trevor Ariza...like Lee & Ariza but please bring Ron to NY.

Sorry dude...
    But WOW!!!!!!
    This is better than the KG rumor, cause this is true. I would trade anybody to get Artest. He brings defense and scoring, not to mention that he would be an instant fan fav since he is from here. Isaiaha better not leave his office until a deal can be made...but there is one small problem. You see, Bird and Thomas hate eachother. The last thing Larry would do is trade the Pacers best player to the Knicks and stand idly by as Thomas gets all the glory. I think our best chance is free agency....but i would luv to get him on our roster now. How about QRich, Nate, and Ariza for Ron?

Veteran

hmm im not the biggest fan of Robinson BUT i think we should hold on to him. i am a big fan of Ariza but if it means getting ronnie im sorry. i think Indy wants to move Jackson back to the SF if Artest leaves and get in a better shooter that WILL control his shot selection. i really think Q & Lee will do the trick...

yes the Bird/Thomas situation is a tough one to rely on BUT you also have to think Ron is a trouble not worth taking for some clubs (like Sac) where like i said it is known he will not show up or be happy playing there..Artest and not happy arent a good combo. it somewhat sucks cause cleveland has more to offer (salary wise) but i think we have the better players to offer. so there comes a time when Bird/Thomas have to put egos/problems aside and each obtain what they want..Indy a SG and York a SF.