GAME THREAD - 12/16/05 - L - Knicks (111) @ Hawks (122)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

7:00 PM, Monday, December 16th, 2005​

knicks_logo.gif
NEW YORK KNICKS (6-16)
3099.jpg
3417.jpg
3860.jpg
3934.jpg
3279.jpg
MARBURY---RICHARDSON---ARIZA---FRYE---JAMES
@
hawks_logo.gif
ATLANTA HAWKS (5-16)
3854.jpg
3520.jpg
3834.jpg
3268.jpg
3745.jpg
IVEY---J.JOHNSON---J.SMITH---HARRINGTON---PACHUILA

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Hawks Team Stats
Hawks Team Notes

TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

WiL8000

Rotation player
If the Knicks can't establish a consistent defense and stop turning the ball over so much, the Knicks don't have a chance. I wish there was a way to get rid of the blockage of underachieving PF's we have.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
When any of those old ***** get into the game i want to smash my freaking TV. Malik Rose, Mo Taylor, and JJ are so terrible its tough to watch. The best part of it all is that they think they contribute so much. Rose tries posting people up and gets *****ed on. I hate those guys and I wish we could get rid of them, i dont care if we get anything back at all.

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
id take garbage over those guys malik rose always with his stupid spin move which he ends up turning the ball over every time he gets the ball and taylor just sucks and jerome james is a fat piece of sh**

Trin_Starr

Starter
The players gave up on Larry.
His mind games are taken a serious effect on the insecure players we have here at NY.
The bashing of players through the media has created an air of mistrust.

Players are timid and afraid to play resulting in turnovers and a lack of cohesiveness...

Expect another loss in ATL.

paris401

Starter
why the fuck are we paying brown 10m bucks... herb was doing as good as a job... maybe better.... bring back herb...

Trin_Starr

Starter
I don't think it's a matter of firing Brown.
But the problem does lie within him tho.
Because of Larry's fixation with playing the right way, and being in the media capital of the world - he is so arrogant that he will not allow find a compromise with the team on how to play, because he knows when that happens - he'll be all over the NY news about "his playing the right way" mantra was a bunch of bull.
One of LB's quotes that really intrigued me was that he will maximize a player's strengths and limit their weaknesses - so far it seems that he has minimized the knicks strengths just to fit his own mold and excerbated their weaknesses by increasing their indecisiveness and timid play.

Has anyone looked at the lineup that we have?
Crawford and Marbury - these two guys can break down any defense off the dribble
This is a knick strength - USE IT LARRY
Frye is an amazing shooter - Marbury is the master at running pick and rolls - This is a knick strength - USE THIS TOO
Q and Crawford are good 3pt shooters - let them shoot some more open 3's instead of making it seem like they shouldn't....Teams know this and play more zone defense. The only way to break that zone, is too shoot them out.
Curry is a nice big man but stop trying to force the action by feeding it down low ALL the time - let him get his points in the flow of the offense.

Don't get me wrong Larry is a master at coaching, but if you are not willing to bend your own rules for the greater good, then you might as well give up on the knicks.
He needs to realize that the knicks are a young team.
He's got to understand that the knick players have to crawl before then can walk

pat

Starter
looks as if we are getting beaten from the three point line again. giving up too many threes to jj

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
pat said:
looks as if we are getting beaten from the three point line again. giving up too many threes to jj

yes...larry brown is not doing his job..last couple of games,3's has been killin us...larry brown is not lookin so great

pat

Starter
harrington and johnson combined: 11/12 from behind the arc. i go to bed. this is rubish

NYKnicks15

Starter
sure we suck but u really think its ALL Larry's fault? definetely not. i mean larry is taking away some of the best things the roster does (the aforementioned pick and roll etc) BUT u also have to realize our roster isnt too good. in fact its not good at all. we have a good core of players but moves need to be made one for instance a DECENT SF! you really dont think larry pushes the idea of guarding the three ball??? hmm im thinking you guys egomaniacal maniacs like Nate Robinson trying to do whatever they want and not listening. plus Ariza isnt ready to start. we need to trade for a SF and sit Robinson so he learns his role...

Starks

Starter
FUCKING PATHETIC

Ive seen more heart in a team on my lil sis' pee wee team.

These players don't give a shit about the fans. They rather bet on football games and frolic around in the showers. Just ask "Dunkman"...They seriously need to stop playing those stupid commercials now

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i really hope larry brown do simething cuz he is lookin real bad...his substition are really horrible...im still trying to see wat larry brown sees in malik rose and maurice taylor must be the worst defender i've ever seen...larry brown said that he was using a 10 man rotation...he used 12 man in da 1sat half...ariza starts and dont come back in da game..nate robinson plays D and he plays hard every possession....it looks like larry brown cant coach a young team