Would you make this trade?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NYKnicks15

Starter
Once again the Knicks (in desperate need of a SF) are pursuing Toronto Raptor Jalen Rose. Sending scouts to a couple games of the Raptors last week. Toronto who is trying to get under the cap ASAP is willing to swap Rose for Hardaway. Hardaways contract expires this summer and Rose's expires the summer after.

Two things are holding this trade up, one being Isiah and Larry want to see if they can some how include Mike James in the deal, which at the moment seems highly unlikely. James won a championship with Brown in Detroit.

The other is Isiah's deadset mindframe that he wants draft picks aswell to compensate the Knicks for the money they will be taking on next season (aswell as Luxury Tax).

Jalen can score, defend and is a veteran (who can still ball unlike some of the veterans we have now). Under larry im sure his shot selection will be better and his post up ability will flourish under Coach Brown. It's only one year more on the contract and of course id rather have him over Penny.

If it looks like it will be now. We'll get Jalen Rose & a draft pick or two..for Penny Hardaway.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
I'm not sure I agree about Rose's attributes. Last time I checked, he wasn't even starting for Toronto, he's always been known for being locker-room cancer, and he's a player that must have the ball in his hands at all time for him to be effective. He's talented but not someone I would like to see in the Orange and Blue.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i would love to see jalen rose in da knicks...he is a veteran player who could play mutliple positions(PG,SG and SF)...he is 6'8 who could come out and shoot the 3...has a very good post game and his mid range jumpshot is deadly..adddin mike james to the trade would be great

NYKnicks15

Starter
update. James Dolan said he doesnt want to take anymore contracts on that arent going to help the team. would this trade help the team? yes. drastically? not really. Dolan would have to take on 33.8 million in luxury taxes if they exchange Penny's expiring for Jalen's two year contracts.

Isiah has made it known that no deal will go through UNLESS he gets their first rounder...and oddly enough its on the table. Toronto is desperately trying to get under the cap or obtain cheap or marquee players to build their roster. This would save them a lot of money and they know the importance of it..

the first rounder seems like it could be ours if the deal goes through BUT toronto wants it to be protected. not sure in what sense. but thats the latest..

portega1968

El Cacique
If Isiah is able to get that pick unprotected for next year, then that would be HUGE considering the possibility it could be lottery-bound (Rudy Gay, Adam Morrison or LaMarcus Aldridge). I would gladly pull the trigger in a heartbeat on a Jalen-for-Penny swap if the pick was not protected for next summer's draft. Rudy Gay would be a long-term solution for the Knicks at SF for at least a decade. It could also be a strong bargaining chip for landing KG, Rashard Lewis or Ron Artest.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I look at it this way: Isiah said on the Mike and the Mad Dog show that he has commited to rebuilding. We are capped out and will be for the next few years, if we can get Denvers pick along with Rose, I am for it. To get Curry we had to give up our unprotected pick, so getting A pick back would be nice. Rose has 1 more year left so it's not the end of the world. His and Taylor's contract would be trade baite next year anyway so what the hell. If we held on to PH and let his contract run out, we would not benifit in anyway. We would still be capped out next year and we would be short 1 draft pick. Rose is sparatic in his scoring but he would contribute more than PH has or will. If it was me, I would pull the trigger.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
At least he has sum kind of attitude, most of hte knicks are a bunch of emotionless ****ies with no attitude, i dont no bout u guys but a few years back we used to be feared, no one wanted to **** wit us, now we have no one, our tuffies player Tim Thomas is gone, so if we can bring sumone like Artest or Rose im all for it. Tired of our team lookin like a bunch of chumps

not to mention Rose can drop 18-30 points n e nihgt, and i believe his average from the past years is 18 pnts a game, i hope we get him and he starts to produce ASAP cuz i just took a chance to sign him early in the fantasy league, Juan dixon wasnt doin **** n e way

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
KnicksFan20 said:
At least he has sum kind of attitude, most of hte knicks are a bunch of emotionless ****ies with no attitude, i dont no bout u guys but a few years back we used to be feared, no one wanted to **** wit us, now we have no one, our tuffies player Tim Thomas is gone, so if we can bring sumone like Artest or Rose im all for it. Tired of our team lookin like a bunch of chumps

not to mention Rose can drop 18-30 points n e nihgt, and i believe his average from the past years is 18 pnts a game, i hope we get him and he starts to produce ASAP cuz i just took a chance to sign him early in the fantasy league, Juan dixon wasnt doin **** n e way

totally agree...knicks need some toughness...no body steps up when someone is down...when nate was pushed down to da floor..someone should have stepped up to magloire and snuffed him or at least shuv him...knicks need more toughness...NEW YORK TEAMS SHOULD NOT BE SOFT!!!

Starks

Starter
datruth said:
KnicksFan20 said:

totally agree...knicks need some toughness...no body steps up when someone is down...when nate was pushed down to da floor..someone should have stepped up to magloire and snuffed him or at least shuv him...knicks need more toughness...NEW YORK TEAMS SHOULD NOT BE SOFT!!!

I agree all the way. But i think the reason no one stepped up for Nate is because they thought it was good for him. I bet hes that guy from school that we all acted like he was cool and maybe joked around w/ him a bit, but deep inside we all wanted to crack his jaw, or atleast hope some one else stomps him

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
I love Jalen Roses game. But we have players here. And young ones at that. Let's not continue to make excuses for Larry Brown coaching job thus far. It stinks! Lets stay put and wait for all our expiring contracts to expire without trading for contracts with more years. I would be for just cutting Malike Rose and Taylor, and letting Hardaway and Davis walk after this year.