what do we need?

dacash

Benchwarmer
i realise that nothing we say can ever come trye nobody here is the gm. but can we survive with the current roster of inconsistent players,should they somehow get on the same damn page? or should we get rid of everybody we could (a davis,penny(expiring contracts),james(denver still need a big man?), taylor and rose(how the fuck did we get stuck with them anyhow?) nate and lee( two promising rookies)qrich(under a different system he could succed it seems) qyntel woods(just cut him)

paris401

Starter
well lets keep the rookie's, and add 'starbury' to the list of guys to just cut... since u can't trade him, u gotta cut him... i know it will never happen, but i can put a towel over my head and dream... can't i??

hoop115

Benchwarmer
I think there is still a market out there for Marbury. I think he's too much of a rebel to conform to LB and his style, but he still has game none the less. He may be damaged goods, but not to the extent that no one will be will to take a chance on him, especially if you package him with Lee or an expiring contract.

Denver may have just come back into the picture with Camby going out indefinitely.

paris401

Starter
who wants 'starbury' and his 76m contract??

certainly not one of the contenders, and what 2nd tier team is he going to ... and make them better??

nope he is a knick for the next few years...

NYKnicks15

Starter
we need a Small Forward. and since we wont land artest nor it seems rose (pending a certain trade that should break within the next few days) cough:::lakers:::cough. haha. i think we should go after Al Harrington pretty hard. and i think Isiah will do that. defensively minded, hustles and has a good offensive game. i can see us making a deal for him shortly.

i like marbs, but i think Atlanta would give us Delk & Harrington for Marbs who played in GT for college...

i think we should try to give expiring contracts or james (cause they need a big) maybe robinson before we offer marbs but well see...point is we need a SF and to ship out robinson.

paris401

Starter
atlanta is trying to rebuild, so doubt they will take on 'starbury' and his 76m .

he is not a fit (as far as i can see) on any of the elite teams... nor the teams who are a 'player away' from being elite.

that leaves the lower tier teams... most are trying to build thru the draft/etc , and taking on 76m is not going to happen...

nope the 'best damn point guard'... is here to stay...

hoop115

Benchwarmer
true, atlanta is in rebuilding but the reason why the Hawks have been linked in many trade scenarios b/c Harrington becomes a free agent this summer. They don't want to lose him to another team and get nothing in return. Their top needs right now are PG and a big man. I don't know what Artest can bring to their team considering their depth at SF but Marbury definitely can fill their need for a PG.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
Instead of Marbuy conforming to LB, how about the coach conform to the level and type of talent that he has? Isn't that what a coach is supposed to do? Look at Pat Riley...showtime in LA in the 80's, then he came to the Knicks and took a roster of physical, hardnosed, hussle guys, and had them do just that...and he rode that to the NBA finals. Even Phil Jackson now...the man I thought could never win if he didnt have a ready made team...he's got his team playing above .500 and only 3 out of their division. Is it his ideal style of ball? No I'm sure it isnt, but he's taken the talent that he has and realized the only way they'll win is to ride it on Kobe. Rather than fighting with his superstar player in the press and belittling him, he's leaning on him and making the most of him.

I realize that this Knicks team is in a rebuilding phase, and you've got to take your lumps before you grow....but honestly...this team should not be THIS bad. Enough of this "play the game the right way." I'm sick of that tired phase. The only reason that worked in Detroit was because Brown got Rasheed Wallace gift wrapped to him 2 yrs ago, and that was the final piece. I mean look at the Pistons now after Brown is gone. They're immensely better, and actually playing better offense. Lord knows what could have happened there last year had Brown actually taken what he had and maximized it rather than having players conform to his stubborn methods.

I'm just not impressed with the guy so far, and I'm tired of his talking up the other team's roster while he belittles his own, and changes his rotation every game. And now he's starting to openly take shots at Marbury in the press. Honestly...it's really totally ridiculous, and he's making an embarassment of this team. How about the guy actually start coaching, and stop telling us game after game that it's his fault and that he "...has to do a better job."

paris401

Starter
i agree larry brown suxs.. he is not the right coach for this team... but 'starbury' also has to go... probably to the end of the bench, cause ain't no market for a towel wearing point guard (point guard...ha...ha..ha), slated to make 76m over the next 4 years...

if thomas can trade him... he should be named the exec. of the year...

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
marbury dont have to go anywhere..all the knicks need is a PG that would allow marbury to play the 2

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Knicks don't need anything as far as players are concerned. People said the same things about Richard Hamilton coming out of Washington and Billups. We have all it takes. We need a new COACH. that's what we need. He's horrible. He has no clue when it comes to offense. He couldn't win with a Olympic squad of Ducan, Stoudamire, Iverson, Wade, King James, C. Anthony, Marbury, Boozer, Marion, etc... Come on New Yorkers...we're wiser than that. He sucks! We have a better roster than we did last year. Yet, we can't even be competitve this year. I guarrantee if we cut ties with this coach and get Stan Van Gundy we will go on a roll. And miraculously :moon: players will become healthy, make shots, hussle and win!

ny3nyk

Rotation player
we need:
1. laughing gas to help us get through this year without pain
2. time machine to fast foward to the offseason
3. smoke bombs and officers to control riots in the garden
4. o yea some decent players that hustle and bring energy to the game, also a player that can lead by example unlike bighead. we probably wouldve had more wins if jyd were still here...

JJtheKnick

Starter
ny3nyk said:
we need:
1. laughing gas to help us get through this year without pain
2. time machine to fast foward to the offseason
3. smoke bombs and officers to control riots in the garden
4. o yea some decent players that hustle and bring energy to the game, also a player that can lead by example unlike bighead. we probably wouldve had more wins if jyd were still here...

ahahahah lol. Its funny cuz it true :(

Allen

Benchwarmer
I don't know I think Larry Brown is getting the wrong end of the stick. I think we should give Larry some more time to get this right. I have the patience to at least give Larry 1 year and then lets see if there is really improvement in the team.

Allen

Benchwarmer
oh and Stan Van Gundy had Wade and Shaq. We do not have that type of major player. what we do have however, are a bunch of rookies that need to develop and have to have a patience to develop them.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
You know, there really isn't an answer to what the Knicks can do or need to do. The Knicks are capped out for the next few years and as contracts expire, the remaining contracts increase. So, we don't get any head room when we actually loose a contract. The Knicks are in cap HELL and will probably have to keep making trades, thus taking on long contracts, until they find the right mix. If the Knicks stopped right now and just rode out their existing contracts, it would take close to 5 years before they are under the cap enough to make a serious move on a high end player (if one is available). So, if we want to get a player that could make a difference (like an Artest) we would have to take on 1 or 2 bad contracts with him. Not to mention give up some young talent. Here's a few ideas that I think can help (don't think they will ever happen though):
1) If Toronto throws in the Denver pick, then make the Rose trade for PH. We take a cap hit next season but have a possible high pick.
2) Do NOT go after Artest (even though I know Indiana will never deal with NY with out Frye being in the trade). Artest, as talented as he is, would be a bad role model for our young players and he isn't committed to his game anyway.
3) If there was one player that I think would be a fit for NY and Brown, it is AK47. I would contact Utah and see if an expiring contract along with say, David Lee and/or Ariza plus future draft picks could get the deal done. This is the one player I would pull of a Hershel Walker deal for. I would give up future #1 picks for him. Hell, I would take Boozers contract to get the deal done. His D and just his overall game would be exactly what Brown would love to add to this roster. He would be worth it!
4) Contact a team like Charlotte and see if they would be interested in Marbury. Marbury, with all his faults, can still put up numbers and put people in seats. A new team like the Bobcats might take the $$$ on to add some excitement. They are way under the cap and even with Steph's contract, they would still be under the cap. I would just try to get an unprotected pick for him. I think Marbury has run his course in NY and it is time for him to go.
5) Try to draft a pure point guard with in the next 2 years. In the mean time, move JC over to the point I think he would listen to Brown and do a half way decent job at the one.
6) Last, I would see if a Western team would be interested in QR. I think QR could get back to his old game once he is back in the run and gun west. See if Denver might be intersted in a trade for Andre Miller. I think QR would be a great fit for Denver. If it went, we would bring JC off the bench and have hime spot at both the 1 and 2.
I know these scenarios are more than long shots, probably inpossible, but this is my wish list.

dacash

Benchwarmer
andre miller is a choice that intrigues me,i think we need a point guard move strabury to shooting guard.get a nice small forward and decent back up center trade for ruben patterson and theo ratliff. those three ???? curry,frye,patterson,miller, starbury, with a bench of jcraw,ariza,dlee and nate and ratliff good 10 man rotation

starks43

Rookie
We need an outside shooter asap. He doesn't need to be a star, but we need a guy that can shoot it at a high percentage to help us play with a lead or come back from the holes our starters dig every night. Is Pat Garrity or Hedo Turkolu available? Without a lottery pick (thanks Zeke) maybe we can get Gerry McNamara from Cuse. He's only a few notches below JJ Reddick in the jump shot department.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Cutting Marbury is dumbest thing I've read up here to date. Steph is no Kobe but he's not the weaklink. Curry has been injured so we've had no real center, Richardson has been and still is a nonfactor, Crawford is streaky and doesn't play D. Were do I stop on the list of things that are wong with this team that have nothing to do with the GM, the coach, or the point guard. All of this other stuff you guys are talking about will not happen. AK47 for who? Jalen Rose is washed up. You might as well keep Penny. I've been in fantasy world too long. The voice of reason is back.

The Don has spoken.