Q on the block

NYKnicks15

Starter
Im a big supported of Q and what he can bring, and i think overtime hed get more at ease with the new system BUT it is a known fact that he is on the block (and a team out West will try to grab him because of his great ability to run that style of O)...

now strictly sticking to Quentin Richardson. What do you think we should trade for? Which team will be interested? Does it fit salary restrictions?

my original suggestion was to give Q and Ariza to Indy for Artest but that seems highly unlikely. also a trade for Watson seems imminent so could Q be in that deal for perhaps Lenard as well?

opinions?

Well, the way he’s been playing this season he’s one of those I won’t be to sorry to see go. I’d rather have Stephon or James gone though. No way we’d get Artest for that…. I think we’ll se Ron leaving Indy in a three team trade of some sorts. Hopefully the Knicks can include themselves and come away without some of their baggage and with some intensity players.

paris401

Starter
when you use the word 'baggage' , you are describing almost (not all but almost) the whole team..

i'd too like to see 'starburg' sent off... but i don't think anyone wants 'towel-head' and his 76m contract.

there is a better chance (not much better tho) in trading jerome 'ripple' james...

it is rumored that james dolan has forbid i. thomas from traveling anywhere... tired of paying for 'excess baggage'

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i dont like da idea of gettin watson cuz that would cut minutes of crawford and nate robinson...im assuming Q is going to play the 3 but he playing out of position

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Leave Q alone! Leave the knick roster alone. It's time we hold coach Brown accountable for the losses. The following playsers should never get off that bench or be in uniform: Antonio Davis, Maurice Taylor, Malik Rose & Afernee Hardaway. Taylor and Rose should be cut after the season and Davis and Hardaway will be off the books. The starting line up should be as follows:

PG Marbury/Robinson
SG Crawford/Richarson
SF Ariza/Woods
PF Frye/Lee/Butler
C Curry/James

Ariza should start and his focus should be on the best offensive guard or small forard on thee opposing team. Marbury's focus needs to be also on the defensive end. Crawford and Curry should be the go-to guys on this team with Marbury as the wildcard. LET THE KIDS PLAY!! :calm:

paris401

Starter
nycefnl said:
Leave Q alone! Marbury's focus needs to be also on the defensive end. :calm:

have u ever watched a knicks game??? 'starbury' focus on ' D '... he is quite possibily the worse defender in the nba... he's not bad.. he sux's big time...

Trin_Starr

Starter
paris401 said:
have u ever watched a knicks game??? 'starbury' focus on ' D '... he is quite possibily the worse defender in the nba... he's not bad.. he sux's big time...

Apparently you have not watched any games this season and compared his defensive intensity to last season!

Marbury played absolutely no D last season - he allowed his man to shoot from everywhere on the court while he conserved his energy for offensive purposes.

This season, Marbury has produced some of the best defensive efforts I have ever seen.
Why do you think Larry has him guarding NBA's elite 2's like Carter, Allen, Kobe, Redd cause his D is MUCH better than the shit that crawford and Q puts forth and plus the 2 guards all have a 3-4" height advantage over him plus 20-25 lbs more on him as well.

paris401

Starter
Trin_Starr said:
paris401 said:
Marbury played absolutely no D last season - .

well i guess we agree... somewhat...

'towelhead' aka 'starbury' aka 'the best damn point guard in the nba' played 'zero' ' D ' last year.. i agree that he is playing much better this year.. i also agree...

but going from zero to say a 10... on a scale of 1-100... means he still 'sux's big time...

i have never seen a guard get beat so offen on a give and go..or a similar play... never...

he is not the only knick to sux on 'D ', but since he is the 'best damn point guard in the nba' (sorry i am repating myself)... he should start playing like it...

'starbury' is a good player, just not on the nets,suns,wolves,knicks...

and unforunately for us knicks fans, this is probably the end of the line for 'starbury'... ain't nobody taking him and his 76m contract , along with his 'towel' off our hands...

Starks

Starter
Yea, I never thought of it that way before, but this city is his last "produtive" stop. I mean its only natural for stars to fall. Most star players are embarrasments to long term contracts in their last few years. The weird thing about Marbury is that he still can manage to put up high individual numbers when he chooses. Not too many faded stars can do that, usually they ride the bench after a major injury and slowly rot away. Remember Dominque Wilkens, Tim Hardaway, Glen Rice, and even Larry Johnson's final years? They had still had their big contracts. With Marbury I can't see him going out and riding the bench like those other guys. But after soo many chances, i think the word about him not making teams better is solidified around the NBA. I mean if he was getting paid way less, then maybe some gambling GM would take a chance on him, but with that contract...hes stcuk here.

You know I never really liked him as a player in Jersey and especially in Phoenix. But Howard Eisley starting was just soo sad, that most fans would have accepted just about any other shred of a star. Looking back at it now, maybe this move wasn't that great after all. A number of smart sports writers warned us fans about all the negatives of the trade, and I was too thirlled about having a star to pay them much attention. But then again, who esle would have took Antonio McDyse, Eisley and Lampe??? To be honest, I miss Marcus Camby! Damn you Scott Layden, this still comes back to you!

alonreppinNY23

Benchwarmer
LEAVE Q ALONE HE HAS BEEN FACING MANY PROBLEMS....JUST KEEPS COMING ONE AFTER ANOTHER...FIRST BACK SPASMS...THEN FAMILY...AND HE STILL HAS BACK ISSUES...IF WE LET HIM GO HE GONNA HEAL AND HES GONNNA BE VINTAGE Q AGAIN FOR ANOTHER TEAM!!!

LEAVE HIM ALONE

hoop115

Benchwarmer
I'm not sure I would give up on Q just yet. He's been through alot this season. He's been injured most of the season and has had to go through the death of a family member. With consistent playing time I think he'll be able to pick up the system like everyone else is finally starting to do.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Q is NOT what the Knicks need, he never was! We have way too many offense oriented SMALL players. We either have to try to trade QR or JC, but we do not need both of these guys. Personally I would like to see them keep JC (because he plays both the 2 and the 1) and trade QR; I think JC off the bench is more valuable. As far as leaving the roster alone, this team needs some new pieces and we still have 2 expiring contracts to use to try to bring in those pieces. We also have a low #1 to use, who knows maybe we can draft another talent like Ariza with that pick. The only way the Knicks should budge on trading any of these young guys if the player(s) they get back are seasoned, talented players (like a Artest or Lewis). I would part with Frye if we were using him to get Garnett or LaBron but really no-one else. I think he will be a top scoring 4 for a long time. Lee and/or Ariza I would part with for Artest or if Seattle wants to move Lewis. I red that Denver might be interested in QR.... Maybe try to get Miller?? Another player that I think would be a great fit for this team is Shane Battier and I would see if I could pry him away from Memphis and at what cost.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Yes Q should be added to the trade block although I don't think we'll be able to get much for him. Not that many teams are interrested in an overpaid unproductive player. Knicks have made a history of employing such players. By the way, Starbury had 23 pts 15 asts and 4 steels tonight against the Sonics. Can the move Marbuy coalition please STFU!

NYKnicks15

Starter
its now known that the knicks continue to offer Q to Denver for Earl Watson. Denver has not pulled the trigger due to two factors...

ONE- they are talking to Seattle in which would send Potapenko and Flip Murray to Denver for Watson

TWO- Q has a bigger contract than Watson almost 2 million to be exact. so any trade would have to include more players. who and what else is not known. could make the situation very interesting. most believe itd include Voshon Lenard.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
donchris said:
Yes Q should be added to the trade block although I don't think we'll be able to get much for him. Not that many teams are interrested in an overpaid unproductive player. Knicks have made a history of employing such players. By the way, Starbury had 23 pts 15 asts and 4 steels tonight against the Sonics. Can the move Marbuy coalition please STFU!

I was at the game against the Sonics and Marbury, while he had a solid game still started to go to the quick shots and then reeled himself back. He was also TORCHED by Ray Allen. This is why I say it is a bad idea for him to be our 2 guard (not a 2 guard, let some other team take on that experiment). He was totally unproductive in even slowing Allen down, never mind stopping him at key moments.

paris401

Starter
[quote let some other team take on that experiment). He was totally unproductive in even slowing Allen down, never mind stopping him at key moments.[/quote]

what team wants 'towelhead' and his 76m contract??

i don't see 1... not a one... who will take him...

i think we are stuck with him for the next 4 years.

portega1968

El Cacique
Unless we're talking about getting KG, Artest or Pierce, Id' like to see all this trade crap locked up for the rest of the season.

The team is obviously developing a strong chemistry and it would be a huge mistake to mess with that now for average players like Watson, Snow, Atkins, etc.

After watching Q lock down Lebron in the 4th quarter last night and the motivation Mo Taylor, Ariza and the rest of the team is bringing this new year, I'd like to see us stick with this group for the rest of the season. I'm confident they can make a playoff push.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
portega1968 said:
Unless we're talking about getting KG, Artest or Pierce, Id' like to see all this trade crap locked up for the rest of the season.

The team is obviously developing a strong chemistry and it would be a huge mistake to mess with that now for average players like Watson, Snow, Atkins, etc.

After watching Q lock down Lebron in the 4th quarter last night and the motivation Mo Taylor, Ariza and the rest of the team is bringing this new year, I'd like to see us stick with this group for the rest of the season. I'm confident they can make a playoff push.

I still think the Knicks are a few players away from being a top team. We do NOT need both QR and JC, that is for sure! One of them needs to go, just do not know who would want them. They both have tremendous upsides as well as tremendous downsides (and long term contracts). They both can put up huge numbers at any given time, but they both play spotty D. Q probably has better D than JC but that is not saying much. JC can play bith the 1 and 2 while Q the 2 and 3. I think Q has better value on the market, especially healthy. I think I would see if I could either trade Q for a pg or package him in with some one to get a needed player. I still would go after a more defensive 4 since it is obvious that Frye is some years away from being a defensive presence and the knicks need some D to compliment Curry. Frye off the bench would be an awesome weapon for the Knicks. Dare I say to try to put a package together to go after Kenyon Martin? Maybe an expiring contract, Lee and Q for KM and Watson? I read an artical that KM was mentioned for Blount from Boston?!? I would think Lee would be more attratvice then Blount (if it is true)!

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea you definetely dont need to "lock up this trade crap" are team is not good. despite their winning streak. dont be so optimistic. how was that game against Toronto? Lee is bad on D and we need a defensive able SF like Al Harrington. Harrington has O game and D game in tact. We dont necessarily need a big name either for the hell of being a big name alla KG, Artest or Pierce. we just a need a few pieces to be a good team. starting with a SF or a PF there by pushing Frye down to SF

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
NYKnicks15 said:
yea you definetely dont need to "lock up this trade crap" are team is not good. despite their winning streak. dont be so optimistic. how was that game against Toronto? Lee is bad on D and we need a defensive able SF like Al Harrington. Harrington has O game and D game in tact. We dont necessarily need a big name either for the hell of being a big name alla KG, Artest or Pierce. we just a need a few pieces to be a good team. starting with a SF or a PF there by pushing Frye down to SF

It's funny but when I said at the begining of the season that Frye might be a 3, people told me I was crazy! I think Frye will be a prolific scorer but I think his body will not allow him to body up any sizable 4 or 5.... He just might be better off at the 3 spot.