What happened to Gerald Green

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
If I am not mistaken during draft time there was a lot of talk about the Knicks drafting Gerald Green. He was rated on of the top prospects and was the MVP of the McDonalds All-American game. Once Portland passed on him he fell all the way to #18 with Boston. I recenlty looked him up to see if he was doing well and he hasn't played in a single game yet. Does anyone know why? How did this guy go from the next T-mac, to who knows where.

P.S.
I remember plenty of Knick fans wanted him over Frye, arent you glad that didnt happen

portega1968

El Cacique
Yes, he's in teh D-League. I remember being so pissed because we took Frye instead of him, but Oh how wrong was I.

Gerald has a half index finger in his shooting hand, something we were not told back then. He can shoot nevertheless, but it's obvious Isiah knew what he was doing. The only players below Frye in the draft that seem decent are Granger and Villanueva, so I'm glad he picked Channing...and of course, Lee and Nate prove Isiah knows how to draft.

Trin_Starr

Starter
the report on him was that he has the skills and ability to be the next Tracy, but his overall game needed to be worked on alot.
Teams knew that if they drafted him, he would be ready in about 2-3 years.

It's not surprising that Boston sent him down to the D league.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
It would have been awful if we would have taken Green. Granger is a nice player as well, but Villanueva was taken at #7 before Frye. I am not a big Villanueva fan so I am happy we did not choose him.