Where are the marbury haters????

Trin_Starr

Starter
To all the people who want to trade marbury....
where are u now???

To all the people who think Crawford or nate can run the point better than Steph....

To all the people who think that the offense flows more smoothly w/o marbury....

Can all the Marbury haters, please stand up!!

paris401

Starter
i'm still here... never questioned that 'towel-head' is a good player, but he will not make the team better, and certainly will never bring a team (knicks or others) to the promised land.. ie the championship..

but... i guess u gotta root for him, cause him and his 76m contract ain't going no-where..

commonse

Benchwarmer
paris401 said:
i'm still here... never questioned that 'towel-head' is a good player, but he will not make the team better, and certainly will never bring a team (knicks or others) to the promised land.. ie the championship..

but... i guess u gotta root for him, cause him and his 76m contract ain't going no-where..

hey man,

you are talkin' about bullsh*t!! "never bring a team to the promised land.."?? it is NOT a work of ONE MAN!! its like Kobe wont win the championship with that Lakers no matter what!
Just bring a real dominant big guy to Stephon! Bring O'Neal or KG to the Knicks or just change Marbury with Billups & he will win the championship!
whatever.. there are some guys who just dont understand the things in the league and just talk stupid.

If nothing happens wit Marbury in the T-Wolves game, I'm sure they would win it & we could win over Chicago too..

So let's just pray that he will come back soon!! HE is the BEST player in the team, no matter what!!!

hoop115

Benchwarmer
commonse said:
you are talkin' about bullsh*t!! "never bring a team to the promised land.."?? it is NOT a work of ONE MAN!! its like Kobe wont win the championship with that Lakers no matter what!
Just bring a real dominant big guy to Stephon! Bring O'Neal or KG to the Knicks or just change Marbury with Billups & he will win the championship!
whatever.. there are some guys who just dont understand the things in the league and just talk stupid.

If nothing happens wit Marbury in the T-Wolves game, I'm sure they would win it & we could win over Chicago too..

So let's just pray that he will come back soon!! HE is the BEST player in the team, no matter what!!!

nothing u just said makes any sense...

1. It's been well noted by numerous NBA analyst and reporters that OFFENSIVELY, Eddy Curry is as dominant as they come. It's his defense and transition game that require much work. I'm not saying Curry is even close to KG or Shaq but Curry is by no means a horrible big man either. The addition of Curry was supposed to make things easier for Marbury for him to become a scoring PG since Curry takes up so much space in the paint.

2. Bringing KG or Shaq may make significant improvements to our team but until Steph learns to be a TRUE PG, he still wouldn't be able to win a championship. Steph needs to learn how to develop a chemistry with his supporting cast, something that he has shown a lack of on all of his past teams.

3. Exchanging Billups or any other Top PG for Marbury probably isn't the answer either. Doubt anyone would be able to lead this team to the championships but we definitely have to address the issue that Marbury is better suited as scorer and cannot be our point.

Starks

Starter
Being a point guard isn't easy. Point guards are measured by how well they make players better around them. They are viewed as floor the primary floor general and largely responsible for the offense of the team. By those standards Stephon is certainly not an attractive name anymore in this league. If he was a shooting guard, the criticism would go away pretty quickly. But as long as his position is at the point, then it is perfectly fine to rip his game. Its not just him though...Steve Francis suffers from the same critique, Iverson once did, and so does Baron Davis. All those players, including Marbury, look great on paper and can ball with the best of them, but GMs, coaches, and scouts all know that if you want a point guard that is gona win your team games, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Mike Bibby and Chauncy Billups is the way to go. No other position comes with the burden of being responsible for the collective play of your team. (Well unless your Kobe or LeBron)

paris401

Starter
commonse said:
paris401 said:
you are talkin' about bullsh*t!! "never bring a team to the promised land.."?? it is NOT a work of ONE MAN!! !!

you are wrong... it is the work of one man... one man can make the team better... and usually its the point guard... a la kidd, or nash , or billups...

how many points did billips score last nite, doesn;t matter cause he plays on a T E A M.. 'towelhead' will never understand the word "TEAM" ..

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
ya a bunch of haters, if u say marbury is wack, u must think the whole knick squad is wack cuz marbury is the best...marbury is not a larry brown PG, he is also a better shooter than passer...only thing i dont like about marbury is that sometimes he over passes, he sometimes passes too much and thats cuz he trying to keep all ya haters happy

paris401

Starter
datruth said:
ya a bunch of haters, if u say marbury is wack, u must think the whole knick squad is wack cuz marbury is the best...marbury is not a larry brown PG, he is also a better shooter than passer...only thing i dont like about marbury is that sometimes he over passes, he sometimes passes too much and thats cuz he trying to keep all ya haters happy

no way the knicks are 'wack'''... no its the coach... if herb was still the coach, they would be up there fighting the pistons and the spurs for the best record ...

Trin_Starr

Starter
paris401 said:
commonse said:
paris401 said:
you are talkin' about bullsh*t!! "never bring a team to the promised land.."?? it is NOT a work of ONE MAN!! !!

you are wrong... it is the work of one man... one man can make the team better... and usually its the point guard... a la kidd, or nash , or billups...

how many points did billips score last nite, doesn;t matter cause he plays on a T E A M.. 'towelhead' will never understand the word "TEAM" ..

You're wrong about that buddy. One man cannot make a whole team better if he does not have the a certain caliber of players at his side.
You think MJ could have done it without Scottie?
You think Kobe could have done it without Shaq
All great players need either
1. another all star to play on the same team
2. A group of great role playing guys

First off let's look at Kidd...
If Kidd is so great at making teams better why did Phx trade his ass?
He got into a lucky situation in NJ when he had 2 SUPER athletic players in Kmart and RJ.
You say Marbury played with NJ - how come he didn't win?
Well RJ wasn't drafted yet and Kmart was hurt. All he had was soft ass Keith Van Horn.

All the teams Marbury have been on never had any qualifying talent around him.
Let Marbury play with one other all star and u'll see how many games the knicks win...
Right now, we have none. We may have future all stars but once again, he is persently in a situation where he doesn't have the type of talent to augur with his skillset.

Maybe that will change when
1. Curry cuts down on his offensive fouls and grabs more rebounds
2. Crawford gets a more consistent shot
3. Q gets a more consistent shot
4. Frye learns to play better D
5. Nate learns to play under control

commonse

Benchwarmer
Trin_starr & datruth have right!
That Paris guy & the other guy talkin' against the Knicks, I dont know how could they become members..

New York need Marbury & Marbury needs New York, thats all I can say, let's get KG somehow & everything will be alright!!

GO KNICKS, GO STARBURY!!!

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
before steve nash came to the suns, they were juss a below average team....and shawn marion and amare stoudamire was STILL THERE!!!! what happened after nash joined the 2 of them? well, phx ended up wit the best record in the nba, they had the best offense, and amare became montrous and unstoppable....sure sum minor players joined the team also, but steve nash made everything happen....and that's y he got the mpv over shaq and td and ai.....so i guess one person CAN make a team better....and it cant be a coincidence that every team steph's been on has been horrible.... how can u disagree with that??? it's true....too true and too sad that we have him

commonse

Benchwarmer
H20 OFFdaHizZLe said:
before steve nash came to the suns, they were juss a below average team....and shawn marion and amare stoudamire was STILL THERE!!!! what happened after nash joined the 2 of them? well, phx ended up wit the best record in the nba, they had the best offense, and amare became montrous and unstoppable....sure sum minor players joined the team also, but steve nash made everything happen....and that's y he got the mpv over shaq and td and ai.....so i guess one person CAN make a team better....and it cant be a coincidence that every team steph's been on has been horrible.... how can u disagree with that??? it's true....too true and too sad that we have him

I followed Stephon's career from the beginning & you could believe that I know much about him & his way! And when he played in the Phoenix, Amare wasnt that mature as he is know. Now Stoudamire is a dominant big guy, before he played like a young "hot head", undetermined player.
It's like Frye & Curry plays a game now... but 3 years older they will be really GREAT I'm sure, like they will dominate in their position and what then? Maybe they wont play with Marbury together and then there will be the same story: With Marbury they wasnt good, but look now.. They have an avg over 22!! Thats Bullsh*t!
Look the team's field goals, turnovers and stats after the T-Wolves game! Against the Detroit the rookies, Crawford had the chance to play.. Nate & Craw produced 13 pts together!! so you think we dont need Steph??
Marbury helped the Knicks to the Playoffs in 2004, even if they lost because there wasnt a real big guy.. and when could the Knicks win 6 in a row before?? Just look Marbury's stats in that 6 game: 23.3 ppg, 9.3 apg, 1.7 spg, 3.7 rpg, 47% fields goals!! His leadership got us to win those games! He is more matured now then before.. and there is the possibility to get to the Playoffs this year because he is here!!

LET'S GO KNICKS!!!

paris401 said:
datruth said:

no way the knicks are 'wack'''... no its the coach... if herb was still the coach, they would be up there fighting the pistons and the spurs for the best record ...

Herb would lead us to the top three at eastern conference ?!
are you kidding me ?!

I think that knicks's roster is awesome but in the court the game sux.

Last week we had six straight wins, and now we are 6-4.

Those losing streaks are killing us, if the knicks are still thinking about going to the playoffs, something has to be done very quickly !

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
paris401 said:
datruth said:

i meant without marbury, dont u see how the offense runs without marbury

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
wow

kg was a qualifying talent and they had their 1st playoff appearnce in team history so i dont know why yall hatin on marbury, give the dude a rest please. u see the crap that happens when hes gone, nate robinson turned the ball over 7 times, thats absolutly inexcusable even for a rookie, and crawford man..........marbury needs to play, on the real..

paris401

Starter
Herb would lead us to the top three at eastern conference ?!
are you kidding me ?!

I think that knicks's roster is awesome but in the court the game sux.

Last week we had six straight wins, and now we are 6-4.

!

it was a J O K E ...

it ain't the coach (tho i sometimes wonder if the train has left the station without brown)... its the team... the roster is awesome??... i'd hate to see a $hitty team... no i really think its the team...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Wow, it really is getting out of hand here! First of all, to say the team would have been better with Herb coaching is just delusional! He looked absolutely clueless last year when he had a chance to prove himself. Brown is a better coach hands down and we are lucky to have him here and the Knicks will be better for it as time goes on. This is his first year, with a totally mismatched team. As they weed out a few players and ad a few more you will see the Knicks get back to prestige. Marbury is here to stay and that is that. No one would take his contract and the 1 or 2 teams that might, we would get crap back anyway. Brown’s challenge will be how to best use Marbury’s skills as well as the lack of skills he has. I agree that the team’s problems go beyond Marbury but I also agree that this team will not win with Steph at the point. So, we are at a stale mate so I think what will be of interest for me in these coming days will be how we use our expiring contracts. I think we need to get a tougher 4 to compliment curry, bring Frye off the bench and get a pure point guard. I would like to see them make a run at Artest. I didn’t want that before but I am starting to think he is one of the pieces that this team needs badly and I would package any of our young talent (except Frye) to get him.
Also, I have been the biggest Marbury basher in the Forum but I never claimed that they had a better option on the roster to play the 1! I just said that they would be better off to trade him as part of this teams rebuilding process. I never came into this season with expectations of a stellar year. I looked more at it as a time to start implementing a new, proven, system and to make a few personnel changes. I always said Nate was a smaller version of Steph (inexperienced as well) and JC could spot in at the 1. I actually believe that JC could be a decent point if he played for a stretch at the 1 and learned Brown’s system and philosophy that he tries to bestow upon his point guards. Steph has trouble with every system he has played in because he is a 6”2’ scorer! He can’t quarter back a team and he plays spotty D… But he can score with the best of them, I will give him that! So, I truly believe that the Knicks with Steph running the team will always be mediocre and if they trade him and they can get a pure 1 in the process, the team would take a step backwards but then a few giant steps forward.