[NY POST] Coming Soon To Your Arena: Fan-free Seats

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Mark my words — it won't be long before wives and family members of NBA players will be seated in a special section of the arena, where they can be guarded by security and won't be within physical reach of overzealous fans who think the price of a ticket gives them the right to act like morons.

As you listened to Antonio Davis yesterday, you know why this is necessary. Sounding as if he's still in the midst of a bad dream, he explained why he left a Knicks huddle during a timeout, climbed over the scorers and into the stands, where his wife was having a confrontation with some fans at the United Center. He said he saw someone "grabbing my wife and that's when I reacted." And he said, "If I had it to do all over again, I would do the same thing."

(...)

That's how all this started. A 22-year-old named Michael Axelrod was being ridiculous. He was spewing venom about Davis and the Knicks right into the ears of Kendra Davis and her son. When Kendra asked him to be more considerate, that's when words were exchanged. Now Axelrod wants to milk his 15 minutes of fame and act like he's the victim, threatening to sue Antonio Davis if he doesn't get an apology.

No one knows exactly what happened, but I'm sure Axelrod didn't get Kendra Davis' attention by discussing whether trading Eddy Curry to the Knicks was a smart move. Now he wants to get paid for acting like a jerk. Sad thing is, he won't be the last jerk. There will be another Axelrod in another city, spewing venom and hoping to get his name in print.

Most adults are civil at games, but there are a growing number of people who think they can say anything to anyone. This isn't just an NBA problem. It happens in football and baseball stadiums, too. If you take your kids to games, don't forget earplugs.

http://www.knicksonline.com/getart.php?id=4287

sad, but so true..