GAME THREAD - 1/27/05 - W- Knicks (97) vs. Magic (94)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

7:30 PM, Friday, January 27th, 2006​
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN​

knicks_logo.gif
NEW YORK KNICKS (14-27)
3099.jpg
3417.jpg
3619.jpg
3184.jpg
3514.jpg
MARBURY---RICHARDSON---WOODS---TAYLOR---CURRY
VS
magic_logo.gif
ORLANDO MAGIC (17-23)
3325.jpg
3422.jpg
3415.jpg
3818.jpg
3176.jpg
FRANCIS---STEVENSON---TURKOGLU---HOWARD---BATTIE

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Magic Team Stats
Magic Team Notes

TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

Trin_Starr

Starter
Orlando is on a 5 gm winning streak.
The knicks are on a 6 gm losing streak.

If the knicks play some D and do not allow the 3pt bombs like last time, we can pull away with a win.

Oh yeah and
1. crawford has to make his shots
2. Q has to make his shots
3. Curry cannot allow himself to pick 2 fouls in the first 5mins of the game.

we do that and we can go undefeated for the rest of the season.

NYKnicks15

Starter
haha thats very vague. if Q made his shots wed be 1st in the east. ill stand by that too. BUT its not going to happen (us in 1st) unless we make a move or two. we need a SF simple as that...anyhow

i really like Mo Taylor at the PF (starting). hes been solid and i think him and Frye will be a good rotation. dont really like Q at the SF, even tho he can post up hes too small. im not a fan of Lee/Ariza/Woods trio at SF either. but oh well..

possible win. but then again anything is possible. we need a one. and all reports out of practice. the mindset is WIN WIN WIN.

Mousquetaire2

Benchwarmer
And our new SF starter is...Qyntel Woods! Hey, why not, at least he is a true SF and we are 27- 19 after 1 quarter which he entirely played...

Maybe a better option: Q doesn't take shot, only one so far...

Curry: 10 pts in 10 minutes: that's what we want! More!

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
DEFENSE DEFENSE DENFENSE!!!
personally this was the best half of basketball i can remember us playing all season.. up 54-33.. thats right only 33 points by the magic.. Larry, give this team a pat on the back at half time, please keep up the good work.. Woods starting at the 3 is, right now, not suprising and hes performing quite well.. Has the same athletisism as Ariza with a better jumper, better dribble, and more offensive smarts.. keep it up knicks, pleaseee

Mousquetaire2

Benchwarmer
In France, it is nearly 3 O clock in the morning, 54 33 at the half, no, I must be in the middle of a nice dream where the Knicks can play D like the spurs or the piston, where our center is as dominant as shaq, where we we do not commit too much TO's, where we dominate on the board...

Mousquetaire2

Benchwarmer
In France, it is nearly 3 O clock in the morning, 54 33 at the half, no, I must be in the middle of a nice dream where the Knicks can play D like the spurs or the piston, where our center is as dominant as shaq, where we we do not commit too much TO's, where we dominate on the board...

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I just got home from a friend's birthday and the knicks are looking sharp s far
Eddy Curry with 20 pts and 7 rebounds, and NY is leasing by almost 20

let's end both our and their streak :)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
3 quarters played, knicks up by 18. normally we shouldn't lose

whatever happened to marbury? only 4 points?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
just look how nice the magic cut the deficit to only 5 points with 2:30 minutes remaining :|

rady

Administrator
Staff member
timeout for orlando. 16 seconds to play, knicks have a 4 point advantage
orlando has the ball

later edit.
Knicks 96 - Magic 94
Timeout NY
2 seconds to play

later later edit

Streak ended for both NY and Orlando :D

Final Score:
KNICKS 97
MAGIC 94

NYKnicks15

Starter
glad we got the win and glad we escaped that game. we played a great first half obviously. good to see Eddy playing good ball. it was funny the pic at knicks.com showed Eddy and it said "he had a solid game" haha 27-10 yea thats pretty damn solid if i say so..

steph played team leader tonight. assisting and making plays. rady his shoudler is still bothering him thats why hes not scoring. he cant drive the lane. smart because it makes him just set up plays and will make him healthy in the long run.

Q with the good D. 3 stls. but please ship him out into a system where he can succeed. say to Atlanta to run with JJ again. for Harrington :) i love ya Q but this isnt his type of game.

the other Q, Qyntel woods. played solid. and im happy to see that. he can ball just hope he continues and stays out of trouble.

positive things here. but still expect at least 2 moves before deadline.