Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knicks have a shot at Lebron?

Default Knicks have a shot at Lebron?

I hope the Knicks will try everything in their power to prepare for a run at Lebron after he becomes a restricted free agent next year. Lebron himself has said he wants to be the richest man in the world, he can't do that in Cleveland. Lebron's endorsements would skyrocket in New York!The Knicks should keep most of their young talent and clear as much cap room as possible by the end of next season. Also, Steph needs to be moved before this years trade deadline for draft picks, or an affordable young talented point guard. If there is no major player shakeup this season or next, Lebron could be a Knick.

Veteran

no shot in hell. especially with Larry as our coach.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

We've got a better shot at getting Garnett than James and even that's a long shot.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

mark my words... Lebron will NEVER be a Knick, so let's not waste our time on a senseless discussion.

Chances are he will be resigned by the Cavs. He's from Ohio and there is no way in hell he won't be offered the max by the Cavs, which is way more than what he will get from other teams. Endorsements? It seems to me he already has a ton.

Veteran

Default Re: Knicks have a shot at Lebron?

Originally Posted by New Beast in the East
    I hope the Knicks will try everything in their power to prepare for a run at Lebron after he becomes a restricted free agent next year. Lebron himself has said he wants to be the richest man in the world, he can't do that in Cleveland. Lebron's endorsements would skyrocket in New York!The Knicks should keep most of their young talent and clear as much cap room as possible by the end of next season. Also, Steph needs to be moved before this years trade deadline for draft picks, or an affordable young talented point guard. If there is no major player shakeup this season or next, Lebron could be a Knick.
    there is no way the knicks can clear enough cap room prior to 2050. and there is no way to 'rid' ourselves of 'starbury'. no one is taking him off our hands...

Veteran

riight. just to make it clear, if all stands as is the knicks will be under the cap in 2007...

I've seen some crazy things in the sports world, but the Knicks would never heave enough to afford him. *But I wouldn't be surprised if he is not in a Cavs uniform in a few years.

Veteran

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    riight. just to make it clear, if all stands as is the knicks will be under the cap in 2007...
    i might be reading it wrong, but the way i see it the knicks
    payrol for 07-08 is at this moment at 49m, and that is for the 9 players signed thru 07-08.

now i don't know what the cap will be, but doubt it will be higher then 49m, and i don't think u play with only 9 guys, so thomas (or the future gm) will need to sign other players, pushing the 49m higher, and probably that should tap em out thru 08..

lebron, 21 years old, still known as that kid from ohio who made it to the nba from high school. him coming to ny will tarnish his image, and all of cleveland will turn on him. financially a good move for him, not image wise

Originally Posted by paris401
    i might be reading it wrong, but the way i see it the knicks
    payrol for 07-08 is at this moment at 49m, and that is for the 9 players signed thru 07-08.

now i don't know what the cap will be, but doubt it will be higher then 49m, and i don't think u play with only 9 guys, so thomas (or the future gm) will need to sign other players, pushing the 49m higher, and probably that should tap em out thru 08..
    The salary cap increased nearly 6 million from last year bro! Also, the NBA uses a "soft" salary cap which allows teams to go over the limit. Most teams go over the limit. It won't be easy but the Knicks can move Steph & other big contracts to clear cap room. I know the Cavs can match offers but King James has power to force a move! Did you know that Spike Lee is very good friends with LeBron's agent & Spike has tremendous Nike connections that could help put a little heat on LeBron to go to the Knicks. There is a chance!

Veteran

before you try to jump on me like that paris there's some things you should know. like one, i was just stating that we will be under the cap IF ALL STANDS AS IS we will be under the cap in 07/08. not by a huge amount. just stating we wont have to wait until 2050 to be under it. and number two most importantly, the cap is 52.5 million a year son..yes 52.5 is bigger than 49. so you doubt itll be more than less than it is now???..hmm i think the lesson IS know the facts before you attack

Veteran

before you try to jump on me like that paris there's some things you should know. like one, i was just stating that we will be under the cap IF ALL STANDS AS IS we will be under the cap in 07/08. not by a huge amount. just stating we wont have to wait until 2050 to be under it. and number two most importantly, the cap is 52.5 million a year son..yes 52.5 is bigger than 49. so you doubt itll be more than less than it is now???..hmm i think the lesson IS know the facts before you attack
    calm down... "IF" you read my post i ain't jumping on ya...

"IF" you read my post i start it off as saying 'i might be reading it wrong'

if i am wrong... i apologize to ya... ok???

First of all it depends on how things will go in Cleveland in the next nears; if they become a championship-contender, it'll be hard to get Lebron.
    next problem: does LBJ want to become a knick? I say maybe, because who doesn't want to
    and then there's a little thing called salary cap, but if somehow a sign and trade deal could be done, this won't be a problem.

The Knicks can NEVER sign LeBron outright! They will NEVER be under the cap. So, the only way the knicks can get LaBron is if he publicly states he will not re-sign with the cavs and the knicks jump in and convince the cavs to a sign and trade. Then, if the cavs agree, they will want something back besides an expiring contract so the Knicks would probably have to give up Frye. I would do it as long as he is the one player that they would want beside the expiring contract(s). I would think though that he would stay with the Cavs.

Veteran

no worries paris. i was just defending my answer...dont take it personal