BREAKING NEWS: KNICKS TRADE DAVIS FOR JALEN AND 1ST ROUND

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Nice move, unprotected fristrounder or protected?
Rose has 1 1/2 years left on his contract, so it isn't to hard t take

But I don't think, JR is going to play the point.

portega1968

El Cacique
So much for Isiah's word to Davis that if he moved to New York he wouldn't be traded...

Syke... sucker!!!!

Jalen still has game, so he will be a nice piece for now. His lack of D will drive Larry mad!!!

hoop115

Benchwarmer
I love this trade b/c Davis wasn't even the larger of the two expiring contracts, dollar-wise. We get a draft pick and Rose's contract expires next year. We'll be able to use him as trade bait next year.

Do you guys think this is it or is there more to come before the trade deadline?

portega1968

El Cacique
I definitely expect a bigger deal involving Penny and one of our rookies.

I really hope the first-rounder we got in the trade is not lottery-protected.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
my bad, i made this topic again i didnt see it. btw do u happen to know where rose will start, im guessing at the 2 with woods at the 3.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
no, i would think that the offense would run through Rose with Steph moving over to the 2 permanently and Woods starting at the 3. With Davis gone the question now will be who to start at PF. I'd love to see Frye start but I have a feeling the Taylor is gonna get some run first.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
RealGM is speculating the pick to be the one acquired by Toronto from the Nets trade for Vinsanity. The pick the Nets sent is the one they got from Denver for Kenyon Martin.

Starks

Starter
Rose doesn't impress me at all. But atleast someone in the front office is showing a pulse. Lets keep everything moving and get rid of our expensive trash. I feel bad for Davis, he actually was a leader.

NYKnicks15

Starter
yup itll be official tonight around 6 pm :)
glad they sent Antonio especially after his no show of practice, not what i consider Davis being a leader?!?!
penny will be gone too BUT this opens up our box of trades so to speak

unless they go with Frye/Lee at the PF (which id like to see) expect another couple trades ot happen. HOPEFULLY not the rumored Portland one. this helps us with D (as Jalen is a big guard who can also play the SF and contrary to belief he is a decent defender (in Den. and Indy.)

yea its denvers pick which shouldnt be too great BUT itll still get us another first rounder nad possible draft day trade bait, or this week trade bait. welcome to the knicks Jalen Rose!!!

Jalen%20Rose-arton21167.jpg

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
THIS IS WHAT WE NEED!!!!! This is a small step in the right direction. I hate to see Tony Davis go but it had to happen. The good news is we still have Penny for another (hopfully) good trade!

Mousquetaire2

Benchwarmer
Nice move! Jalen can play, he is very versatile.
And it will leave some space at the PF spot for Frye. at least if he doesn't start, he should play more!

Allen

Benchwarmer
I guess this is a good trade. I'm sad to see Davis go, he was a good player for us as well as a lockeroom leader. I was hoping we would have gotten Mike James in the trade also. Oh well, I guess we can make a run at James during the off-season. Rumors are that James will opt out of his contract at the end of the season.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
I really don't understand how anyone can think this is a good trade. That first round pick is going to be a late pick at best (but I guess it's better than having no picks) from what's being said...and Jalen Rose is 33, on the decline, and overpaid. If we kept AD, we let his contract expire and at least take a further step towards trying to get some room under the cap. Now they're just that much farther from that.

With Rose or without him, this team still isn't that much better. And now one of the young guys (Mr. Lee) is going to lose playing time. This trade is just another clueless one by Isiah. He has no clear plan or vision for this team, and I think he just made this deal to: 1) Show he's not affected by all the late controversy and 2) Try and salvage his job.

Please fire this man now and bring in a GM with a clear plan and vision for this team.

portega1968

El Cacique
Getting under the cap is just not possible in New York. Rose's deal will expire next year anyway and we get a pick in the process.

I smell a nice trade before the deadline, with Penny, a pick and a rookie for an impact player, so let's hope Isiah is cooking a big one.

Stop trashing Isiah, he isn't that much hornier than the rest of us people... nobody's perfect and he certainly has done a better job than Scott Layden.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
portega1968 said:
Getting under the cap is just not possible in New York. Rose's deal will expire next year anyway and we get a pick in the process.

I smell a nice trade before the deadline, with Penny, a pick and a rookie for an impact player, so let's hope Isiah is cooking a big one.

Stop trashing Isiah, he isn't that much hornier than the rest of us people... nobody's perfect and he certainly has done a better job than Scott Layden.

Portega....the idea of never getting under the cap, is shortsighted product of Mike Francesa's brain, and if the Knicks feel the same, we'll never win anything. It's become obvious that overspending is NOT the way to win in the NBA. The sooner Dolan figures this out and gets rid of Isiah the better. Detroit and San Antonio have payrolls that are less than half that which the Knicks have now. Even if you add their collective payrolls up, I think it still barely falls under our's. That's pathetic given their records and ours.

In looking at this trade again, I guess it isn't so bad now that we at least have 2 picks (albeit that 2nd one is a late 1st rounder from the Spurs...so likely useless)....I still don't see how Rose fits into anything though. He's awful defensively and he's 33. I heard his contract went past next year, buf if you're right, then it's not as bad as I thought. Still he doesn't exactly fit ino Larry Brown's system with his bad D.

As far as your suggestion about another trade...let's hope NOT. Giving away more picks is the last thing this team needs...and besides, exactly what impact player do you think we can get with a package like that? The other teams around the NBA have GM's much smarter than Isiah, and not foolish enough to just give us something for nothing. At best we get another Malik Rose type out of it, that adds more to the cap. Lets sit on Penny and at least let that contract go...otherwise try to package him for hopefully another pick in return

They were desperate to do something, and, they could use a scoring small forward. That about sums it up. This is New York, after all, where Larry Brown is always itching to shake up the roster and the payroll is never an issue. Rose is a proven scorer who played for Brown during their Pacers days. He might help fill New York's void at the 3 spot, and perhaps provide the Knicks an emotional lift. New York has lost nine of 10 as its rookies have hit a wall, and the energy has all but been drained from the Garden. Davis, meanwhile, was unhappy in Gotham. The Knicks will miss his leadership and solid defense, but they already had a crowded frontcourt with Eddie Curry, Channing Frye, Maurice Taylor and Malik Rose. Jalen Rose, at least, gives them help at a spot where they need it. And if it doesn't work out the Knicks still have the extra first-round pick.