Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 Team Trade Imminent

Just trying to understand.....What's with all those rumors involving Trevor and lee???? I was under the impression that Isiah wasn't gonna part with any of the young kids, otherwise we could've landed Artest!!!!

Veteran

no your mistaken. Indy only wanted Frye. not Ariza. not Lee. not Butler. not Robinson. They only wanted Frye. which Isiah is still not willing to part with. Ariza has lost favor with Larry and some teammates for being not a great teammate and not developing his game more than dunks. And with the addition of Qyntel Woods. Ariza has been quickly expandable...as has Jamal Crawford, Quentin Richardson with the addition of Jalen Rose.

dont be surprised if you see Trevor Ariza, Jamal Crawford, Quentin Richardson or Penny Hardaway shipped out before deadline.

in fact the only people you shouldnt "worry" about leaving is Stephon Marbury, Jalen Rose, Channing Frye, Eddy Curry...then theres the Malik Rose and Jerome James contracts which would be good as gone if all possible.

As far as I'm concerned...if Isiah can pull this off and land both Watson and Martin, this is a good deal. It just sounds very uncharacteristic of an Isiah deal though (he'd actually be getting good talent back) so for that reason, I just can't see it happening.

Steven A Smith on his talkshow said that Isiah is trying to get Francis to have a backcourt of Marbury and Steve....

Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    I hated Kmart's arrogance when he was on the NEts, but i'd definitely welcome it if he were to be a knick...

But how are his knees? - I read some time ago tht he has some degenerative knee disorder that's affecting his leaping ability...similar to what Amare has and he made need to go thru surgery....

We don't want to end up with another McDyess situation...
    That is an excellent point!! He has been injury prone in his short career and I would be curious to know the extent of the damage to his knee. I know everyone is going to say the NY has doctors, but they did give Curry an OK while no one else would.... I think K-mart is an improvement in an area that we need, but he has a HUGE contract and if his knees blow out, we will have another Houston type contact to deal with.

Veteran

two undersized score first point guards? u really think Larry would want that?

Francis and Stephon is great for a pickup game....but not for a basketball team. Those two are like clones with identical contracts. Isaiha better not do that move

no no not k mart not this team bad contract unhealthy worse attitude, nene and watson are a better fit in my opinion.steve francis is also a no no.i also feel we should keep jcraw,trade nate he aint much

Veteran

Alright guys it seems the trade I first mentioned is the one most likely to happen. Kenyon Martin and Earl Watson but it seems for Penny Hardaway and Jamal Crawford. and Denver mite ask for Trevor Ariza still

and this could also help the dead deal for Francis the man Denver wanted. dont expect Francis to be a knick and thank god.

i know of Kenyons knees and im sure they will be INSURED. so were losing nothing really to gain a lot. sure its a gamble BUT one worth it. and if you dont want his "attitude" your insane. WE NEED HIS ATTITUDE. we need intensity and crazyness. WE ARE WEAK AND SOFT. he plays great defense, great shot blocker AND THATS WHAT WE NEED. an in your face smash mouth forward. well hopefully here comes one.

I agree with NYKicks15, if we can get Kenyon Martin that would really solidify our interior defense and add a good level of toughness to the team. K-mart was a major part of the NETS that went to 2 NBA finals. Of course it didn't hurt that he had Jason Kidd leading him along with Richard Jefferson.
    I believe that Martin was the Nets best rebounder and interior defender.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

We should have no problem reaching the # 8 spot with KMart and Curry down low. That will ether leave Frye backing up K or starting at SF, which I think is not a bad idea.

If all is good with Kmart's knees...man Isiah needs to jump on that deal!!!
    He's 28, young and in his prime!
    Ultra athletic PF with explosivness getting to the basket, cleaning up the boards and blocking shots...

I think Kenyon is a great offensive player, but I don't think he's the kind of PF that we need. Curry is already a behemoth in the post and is difficult to contain once he gets the ball into the paint. The problem that we have is that there is no one else doing the dirty work like boxing out, rebounding and playing D. Kenyon does not excel in any of these areas, so I'd rather see us focus our efforts on trying to obtain Ratliff or someone who would fill these needs.

Ratliff over Kmart??? If the papers and fans ever found out that the Knicks chose Ratliff over Kmart, I think MSG would be burned to the ground in a matter of hours

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Hoop 115, I hate to disagree with ya dude, but I believe Kmart does get boards, boxes out and plays good D. I definitely would hate to see us take Theo over him.

On the other hand, I'd rather see Q, Ariza and Nate shipped out instead of JC.