TRADES??

All the Trade Rumors are flying by who do we really want from denver?

K-Mart
NeNe
Earl Watson
Voshon Leonard

or Theo Ratliff
Ruben Patterson

??

NYKnicks15

Starter
even though we are all getting excited and i will be reporting a lot of rumors. outrageous ones at that. the fact remains we will make two trades. the same trades we expected for a while...

one will involved Denver but to a lesser degree. I think well land Earl Watson for Q-Rich and another piece possibly.

and well land Theo Ratflitt with Pennys expiring contract and quite possible Darius Miles along with Trevor Ariza thrown into the mix. Dont expect Isiah to budge on adding David Lee into that trade like Portland is demanding. just like Toronto and that pick, theyll buckle.

now if we dont land D-Miles in that trade expect Isiah to heavily pursue Atlanta's Al Harrington. Either before deadline using remaining pieces and one of our draft picks. or in the summer with the same pawns if not more.

should be an interesting trade deadline...but expect us to get two pieces Larry craves Earl Watson & Theo Ratliff. a shot blocker and pure defensive minded point guard (to ease up tired/beat down Marbs). this mite change but despite all the rumors i think this will be the most likely of anything.

Let me get this straight

we are trying to trade:

Penny Hardaway
Trevor Ariza
David Lee
Nate Robinson
Jamal Crawford
Quentin Richardson
Jerome James
Malik Rose
Maurice Taylor

thats like 9 players

We're trying to get:
Keyon Martin
Earl Watson
Darius Miles
Theo Ratliff
Al Harrington
Rashard Lewis
Mike James

thats like 6 or 7 players

We need Defensive players aka Ron Artest, Ben Wallace, Bruce Bowen
A true leader
A shot blocker
A playmaker
crunch-time player

Call me crazy but, we might be the first team in history to try to trade its entire team at once.

so far have not be linked to strong trade rumors

Jackie Butler
Eddie Curry
Channing Fyre
Jalen Rose
Qyntel Woods
Stephon Marbury

In all honesty we need a trade to happen, I predicting another blockbuster trade at the deadline, hey we might even break the record 15 player trade the heat did last summer.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
Sorry to burst your bubble but Ben Wallace and Ron Artest are not gonna be coming here anytime soon. Bowen is a possibility, but he's more of a role player, and we quite frankly don't have a go to guy that he could fit in in next to just yet.

If you're trying to say we need players of that mold, then disregard what I said above...I totally agree with you. I dont see a blockbuster really happening though.

rady edit
Please don't quote the last message

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
I dont know if they should go after ratliff cuz hez gettin older but i like earl watson. At this point i dont know if the knicks need a trade or more time to develop the team they have. All 3 rookies are going to become solid players and i still think ariza will also. Maybe they shoud go after a defensive minded shooting guard cuz crawford just isnt big enough to play the 2. He's really the x factor of the team. When he plays good, they're more likely to not lose by much or sometimes even win. The problem is crawford is inconsistent like antoine walker and both of them are not winners. I'd be real mad if the knicks still were interested in walker just because they have too many playerz like him. if they're going to make a trade, find someone who is consistent and a good defender.

Starks

Starter
Try this to see how bad it is for the Knicks to get decent players through trades:

1) Buy an XBOX 360
2) Buy NBA2K6
3) Go to season mode with Knicks
4)Look at the Knicks' player salaries and try to get an all-star....it just won't happen

*If I can't get anyone decent in the virtual NBA, imagine the real NBA. I did manage to get Harrington though. but with trading away all the draft picks.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
hey starks, does nba2k6 for xbox360 have jackie butler and other players not included in the xbox version of the game? plus, do you know if you could simulate with channing frye in the power forward spot?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
No one knows who will be traded for sure at this point. Everyone posting is getting their info the same way every one else is getting there's, magazines and websites. Some say Fry is untouchable. Don't know how true that is I found a news site claming that Fry might be traded for Kenyon Martin.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/389849p-330741c.html

Still I realize that the media is playing the same quessing game that we are.. We really just have to wait and see. It really doesn't make finantial sence to pick up Martin. Jersey is staying away from him. 70.9 mill over the next 5 yrs. I read an earlier quote of 69.5 mill. Ether way Martin is high priced. But at the same time he's tuff and we need a tuff guy down low to help Curry.

Starks

Starter
KnicksFan112 said:
hey starks, does nba2k6 for xbox360 have jackie butler and other players not included in the xbox version of the game? plus, do you know if you could simulate with channing frye in the power forward spot?

Butler is not in, but can be easily created.. Frye can be put as the forward in simulation, but you have to adjust the lineup in the coaches corner section Its a dope game, but sadly it lost its apeal to me after the Knicks season went down in flames. You can quit as GM and get hired by another team in mid-season though, so its still pretty cool

ny3nyk

Rotation player
we need a pg, and people forget some quality guards are out there i.e frank williams, dajuan wagner, maybe jay williams (trying to make a comeback last year, started to play basketball again). as for trades, isiah has no idea what the hell he is doing so lets just save some time and fire his ass. why dolan isnt doing it i havent the slightest idea. i think i speak for most when i say im tired of "next year". we need to do something quick before the knicks get broke and suck more than the hawks and bobcats combined. how we can dump some bums we dont need (malik rose, james, richardson, hardaway, ) i dont know, but hopefully, thomas or an interim gm (i hope) can pull something off... my 2 cents