here is what i think our main problem is.......

dacash

Benchwarmer
yes we had a flawed team to begin with but we keep getting pieves to try and stop what ever bleeding we feel is happening.honestly in my opinion(and this is only an opinion not fact so before any body gets up my ass please lol) lets keep what we have when everybody finally gets healthy after the all star break make what ever type of run we can, i think curry,mo taylor,jrose,qrich and steph are a fine starting five with jcraw,frye,woods,lee and nate off da bench, please no trades just more cohesion

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
You make a good point...there's just no consistency to this roster, and it speaks to the fact that Isiah really has no clue what he's doing...no real plan. That said, it's clear this roster doesn't work...especially not with LB at coach. Whatever moves are made, have to be with a long term plan in mind, and not just to put a bandaid somewhere only to cause a new hole somewhere else.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This roster is a myserable failure! We need to start with what's working for us. Marbury, Curry, Jalen Rose, Channing Frye. Trade EVERY ONE ELSE!! Screw the play offs. Trade out all major contracts and bring in decent players with low contracts. That is how you rebuild. So next year we can make a serious run at Labron. There's alot of talk about Brown not having control over the players. I say trade the whole team minuse the guys I've mentioned. If they dont want to win trade em to the worst teams in the most nothing to do cities in the country.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
We do not have a main problem, we have 9 problems, every player on the roster is a fuckin problem except the 3 rookies because they are in fact rookies and should not be dragged into this. Frye is playing better then anyone thought he would even though he is slumpin. Lee and Nate are late round picks and should not be expected to be huge contributors in their 1st season. Larry needs to back the fuck off nate and let him develop.

9 problems:
Eddy Curry is a fat out of shape idiot who is the dumbest human being on the face of the earth. You are a professional athlete, it is ur freakin job to be healthy and in top shape, why cant u get ur fat ass in the gym so i dont have to see flabby body when u run up and down the court.

Jamal Crawford is a cancer to any team on earth. If he was good there would be no reason for the bulls to trade him. It is funny how him and curry are friends because behind curry he is the next biggest idiot in this world. I bet they are friends because jamal crawford is the only one dumb enough to hold a conversation with him.

Stephon Marbury is a big baby who has nobodys respect in this league. He is suppose to be sooooo good but he sucks. He is the best player on this team but that is not saying much.

Jerome James is a joke and is taking advantage of the American economy. He is the only person i know that can actually not do his job and still get paid. At least our other problems like houston were hurt. This guy just signed his contract and went straight to the popeyes and the bar.

Malik Rose is a pathetic old human being who cannot play basketball at all.

Trevor Ariza was suppose to be so good. He has a boatload of talent but i guess he never heard of work ethic. If you have no dribble get in the gym and work on one. IF you have no shot shoot 1000.s shots a day until you get one. ITS YOU GOD DAMN JOB TO PLAY WELL

Mo Taylor- also terrible similar to rose problem.

Q RICH how can u be the winner of the 3 point contest last year and average 15 points a game in PHX and then come here and suck ass. Get you god damn act together. Im sorry bad things happen to you but one again its your getting paid to hit shots not pound your head with ur fists so people wonder if ur a blood or not. Maybe brandy realized u were a scrub and bounced.

Isiah Thomas- stop playing us knick fans like u know what u are doing. The only reason ur still a GM is bcuz Channing Frye won rookie of the month in november and then david lee played awesome for like 2 weeks. Give up and give the job to someone who can give us knicks fans what we deserve, a winning team.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
20 is a crook just said all the things im thinking and i agree with him in most things, however, curry, richardson, and crawford in my opinion are making strides to becoming better players. crawford improved his significanly since last year and yes, curry is still not tip top shape but compare now curry to curry when he first reported to the knicks from the trade. major improvement there. and with q, yes hes been playing like crap before his family tragedy but losing a loved one is tough to get over. q will get his touch back, hopeflly after he defends the all star title

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
I actually like eddy curry and i would love nothing more then to see him hawking on people in the low post night in and night out. But my hatred for him comes from the fact that it is pure lack of work ethic that is holding him back. Why cant u get in shape, you have nothing else to do in ur entire life besides get in shape and be the best player you can. It is such a shame when people get god given talent and abuse it by not working hard. He could be such a monster, if he just tried.

Most of the people i ripped the most are people that could and should be good thats why i am ripping them. guys like rose and taylor i know suck so i dont even waste words on. Its guys that dissapoint me that i am the hardest on.

I didnt get to larry brown bcuz i was in a hurry but he needs to step his coaching game up as well. He is a great coach and people that say Herb is better is honestly out of their minds and should be removed from this forum. The plain fact is we have nobody playing well right now and he needs to set a starting line up and a rotation and use it. I dont see the advantage of playing malik, taylor or any other of those bums

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
I totally agree on Crawford....he's awful and will never really amount to anything special in this league. He's too streaky, is not a great defender, and is such a bonehead with his decision making on the court. And mind you, this is his 4th or 5th year in the league.

As for Curry...he's never been in shape. Really only last year aside, he's always had the rep for coming into camp out of shape and overweight, and he eventually rounds into shape (no pun intended) by midseason, and (not coincidentally) his game improves too. This past offseason, though, you can't really blame him because of all the concerns with his health that were so prevalent this past offseason, I don't think he had clearance to do much.

Funny thing...I'm currently finsihing up school in Chicago....4 yrs ago some friends and I were out in Highland Park, IL and were at a Denny's there late one Fri nite (maybe like 2-3 AM) and who walked in but Eddy Curry (this was his rookie year). He'd just had a game earlier that nite and had another one coming up later that day (Sat nite). It's no wonder why he's never in shape!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
You know, it's funny sometimes to read posts. Keep Fry, Curry, Lee and Marbury... Trade everyone else. That's all well and good but who the hell wants these players? Who wants Malik Rose and 3 years @ 10 mil a year? Who wants Crawford or QR with their contracts and miserable game?? JJ and 5 years?? No one unless you tack on one of the young guys. You want Rashard Lewis? Think you are getting him for Crawford and Nate?? Even though Denver wants to move k-mart, you think they will take garbage back? Maybe PH and draft picks or rookie(s). We could of had artest for Frye. I agree that Frye and his unrealized potential was hard to give up for artest, but to get quality you will have to give up young promising talent. People, if the Knicks are to get anyone of quality, we might have to give up some pieces that we really don't want to. Unless the knicks commit to total rebuilding, you are going to have to give up talented rookies for polished season vets. I can live with loosing Frye if we get back a 4 that is a proven player. Frye has proved that he can score but he has a huge question mark on his D. If we can get back that defensive force at the 4 spot, we can afford to loose him.

donchris

Bad idea trading Fry. He's a rookie, a good one. I think he will only get better. Keeping the rookies is a good idea in theory still if we want quality players in return sacrifices must be made. Trade every one is really what needs to be done and will be done. Next year this team will look totaly different. I'm not suggesting getting superstars but we do need too get guys that want to play ball and win. Giving up can not be an option for million dollar paid players.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
donchris said:
Bad idea trading Fry. He's a rookie, a good one. I think he will only get better. Keeping the rookies is a good idea in theory still if we want quality players in return sacrifices must be made. Trade every one is really what needs to be done and will be done. Next year this team will look totaly different. I'm not suggesting getting superstars but we do need too get guys that want to play ball and win. Giving up can not be an option for million dollar paid players.

Frye has talent, no doubt about it. I trully believe that he will get better and be a real impact player in the NBA! If I had my way, I would revamp the team while keeping Curry and Frye. If we commit to some sort of a rebuild where we get a needed, young vet but still commit to a long term goal, not a right now fix, we would be better off. This way we could keep a rookie and let him develop. One problem is Brown, he can fall out of love with a team very quickly so we need to keep him happy and that is going to take consistance and wining. Even we can get better every year and move closer to the Finals, he will stick but if we look like this next year, Brown will either retire or force the Knicks hand to part ways with him.

donchris

Isiah could be the Knicks savior but Brown is not the problem. Lazy @$s players that are not motivated and don't want to give 100% are the problem. This team must be centered around Curry, Marbury,Rose, and Fry. They are the new foundation.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
I'd hardly call Rose a foundation player. And Curry's ineptness is part of the reason for some of this team's problems. Isiah created this mess, so if he's ever going to be known as a savior he's got a LONG way to go. A step in the right direction would be to be VERY wise with how he handles Hardaway's contract (be it trade or no trade)....I swear if he trades him away for another dead weight contract and a late 1st round pick I'm gonna go nuts.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Larry Brown tried to make Isiah look like an a$$ with his wish list of
Duncan, Kobe, Tmac and Rasheed

Isiah should have returned the favor and said well I can't give you that but I can give you:
Duncan, Wade, Lebron, Melo, Steph, Amare, Boozer, AI, Odom, RJ and the Matrix...
Oh wait a minute you had those superstars and still couldn't do shit!! lol

portega1968

El Cacique
Nice one Trin!!! jajajajjaa

Larry should probably move away from "playing the right way" and just play to the strengths of what we have.

Our number one problem is that no one is willing to point their finger at themselves. Every friking year I expect this team to turn it around, and every year it just gets worse... this is by far the worst of them all, when our payroll is through the roof, our roster is full of guys who have talent but obviously don't mesh. It really hurts to be the laughing stcok of all my friends who follow the NBA. These guys are just killing me!!!

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
donchris said:
Isiah could be the Knicks savior but Brown is not the problem. Lazy @$s players that are not motivated and don't want to give 100% are the problem. This team must be centered around Curry, Marbury,Rose, and Fry. They are the new foundation.

larry brown is the problem, the knick players dont respond to his coaching, wat makes it even worse is dat he go to the media and trashes his own players...this team got great talent and they on the verge of having the worst record in franchise history, come on man , of course is the coach but not all of it but most of it..larry brown is not the great, he cant coach a young team

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Ok I guess its my turn to input:

Keep Frye and Lee, they got talent and great potential, with development they will become great players. Gotta start somewhere....

I cannot stand Nate f****** up any longer. The kid will NEVER be a point guard and he is too short to be a shooting guard.....hey I guess shouldn't complain since most likely he is shooting better than both Q Rich and Crawford combined.

Crawford is playing like half the player he was last season. Yeah he took crazy a$$ shots but at least he made some.

Q Rich - people can come up with all the excuses they want, but he was playing like garbage before his brother died.... I wonder why he has picked up his game a little in the last few games....hmmmm could it be that he has been practicing more due to the fact that he doesn't want to embarass himself on National television during the AllStar break 3 point shootout competition....just a thought.

Mo Taylor - Yes the man is not going to turn our season around, but he has been working his butt off for Larry. Come on guys, Mo is out there taking charges and rebounding, who da hell thought he was even capable of doing that. Larry is making him a better player, am not saying a star, but a better player.

Malik Rose - Got heart, plays good D, but got no offense and depending on the matchup he got will get murdered in the defensive end. Not big enough, some nights he might get away with it but the odds are way against him.

Eddie Curry - In my point of view, the past is the past. The man did come from Chicago out of shape, but what can you expect when people benched you scared of you dying on the ball court. Most likely he hadn't ran the floor in months. Now, compare Eddie from the beginning of the season to now....the man is running without puffing, pay attention and you will see, makes a difference even in his free throws, pay attention. OK, eddie is great but how come he doesn't produce enough???
Guess what, he ain't getting the ball enough. I watched the game the other day and Eddie had 8 touches the entire game.....8??? and he is our best player on the court with Marbury out. How can you only get the man the ball 8 times? The only ones that I see can throw the ball to Eddy on the post is Q and SOMETIMES Crawford. Nate pretty much rights EDDY on the ball before he passes it.

Marbury - Needs to get his ass back on the court to rescue my fantasy league...LOL. We need those assists man, plain and simple, someone who can orchistrate the offense and put pressure on the ball. Marbury sits the game falls apart, no backup point to run the show.

Jalen Rose - The man can ball, but with Marbury out he is stuck bringing up the ball since Nate won't give it up to anybody else other than himself. The man can cause some serious matchup problems against pretty much any team. I forsee, Marbury coming back and we riding Rose post up game for a few wins. Gotta give it to him though, as soon as he came in the ball did start moving alot better than it used to.

Larry Brown - I hope the man doesn't quit or kills himself. Its not his fault, these fools just can't work together for an entire four quarter game. They are giving him maybe one quarter of "the right way" and 75% of CRAP.

I wonder if we get somebody like Kenyon Martin for Penny if it will make the difference, guess we have to wait and see.

donchris

datruth said:
donchris said:

larry brown is the problem, the knick players dodon'tespond to his coaching, wat makes it even worse is dathate go to the media and trashes his own players...this team got great talent and they on the verge of having the worst record in franchise history, come on man , of course is the coach but not all of it but most of it..larry brown is not the great, he cant coach a young team

So let me git this straight. Various NBA players make millions of dollars and it's the Hall of Famer Coache's fault when the crappy team filled with losers decides to call it quits. That is non sense. You're talking about a witch hunt. We can't blame Marbury any more because he's injured and sitting on the bench. At the moment we can put a halt on blaming Isiah because he's working hard for us trying to bring in talent so we blame the coach. The only people that need to go are the majority of the players on the roster. Not the coach, not the GM and not the Starbury!