Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade RUMORS/FACTS

Default Re: Possible trades

Originally Posted by professorhorhey
    The knicks should trade Jamal Crawford and Malik Rose for K-Mart. The salaries match, Denver wants to free up cap space and the knicks could really use his defense. Also the Knicks should trade Penny Hardaway for Stevin Francis. Orlando wants to free up cap space immediately, and would be able to clear 15 million of the cap by making this trade. The knicks are in desperate needs of guys who can distribute, basically all they have now is an injured marbury and Jalen rose. If the knicks make these two trades they will be back in contention.
    If Denver trades K-mart, it is for Cap relief not over priced, underachievers. We could get K-mart for Penny's contract and a young player. I think Isiah just needs to play the waiting game so he doesn't have to include Frye. I might send Frye West for Odem though, especially if we get K-mart! Having K-mart and Odem on the floor with Curry and Marbury would be awesome in my opinion. I would still go after Harrington as well and bring him off the bench to play both the 3 and the 4. THis might be an off season move though.

so if Isiah is now interested in gettting Evans, does this mean kmart is no longer in the knicks plans??

I hope not...I really think Kmart would be able to help the knicks - bad knees or not....we need a PF who can consistently get us 10+pts/10 rebs a game - Kmart has the ability to do that...

Please say no to Fortson!!!

Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    so if Isiah is now interested in gettting Evans, does this mean kmart is no longer in the knicks plans??

I hope not...I really think Kmart would be able to help the knicks - bad knees or not....we need a PF who can consistently get us 10+pts/10 rebs a game - Kmart has the ability to do that...

Please say no to Fortson!!!
    I don't think he is going for Evans and Fortson istead of K-mart, I think he trying to get them along with K-mart (but stranger things have happened). I agree with you, K-mart would help but he still is an expensive risk! If his knees go, we have another Houston type deal here. That being said, I would go for it myself.

Veteran

UPDATE

the Malik Rose trade would have been good. Forston is expiring next season. compared to Maliks 2 years (after this season)...but its not going to happen...

the knicks are close to a deal where the basis would have

Kenyon Martin, Earl Watson & Voshon Lenard going to NY
    Jamal Crawford, Nene & Trevor Ariza going to Orlando
    Steve Francis going to Denver

Frye will not be part of this and theres many combinations going around this trade...Isiah is trying not to use the expiring contract of Penny Hardaway in this deal because a trade for Lamar Odom is still a possibility (or another big name which i wont speak of until clearified but a good one)...stay tuned i know were losing but this is all good news for our new york knicks

So if all works out the way I pray it does - it will mean

PG- Steph
    SG- JRose
    SF - Odom
    PF - Kmart
    C - Curry

All I can say is DAMN!!!!!

PG- Steph
    SG- JRose
    SF - Odom
    PF - Kmart
    C - Curry

Probably more like:
    PG- Watson
    SG- Steph
    SF - Odom
    PF - Kmart
    C - Curry

or

PG- Rose
    SG- Steph
    SF - Odom
    PF - Kmart
    C - Curry

Personally I would have Rose come off the bench. Odom and Rose are both point forwards so you could run the offense through Odom and then rose when he comes off the bench. Having both of them on the court at the same time might cause issues. Have Steph's primary position at the 2 (Ehich I am totally against by the way) so that he can concentrate on just scoring with the ocasional kickout.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

According to Peter Vecsey in today's NYPost, none of these deals are going to happen. The only deal that may have had a chance was Penny for Theo and Patterson, but now it's doubtful considering Ratliff injured his ankle.

The Seattle deal is definitely dead unless Frye is included (not gonna happen, please God don't let it happen).

We'll just have to sit this out until something does happen within 9 days that we didn't see coming.

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    Isiah is trying not to use the expiring contract of Penny Hardaway in this deal because a trade for Lamar Odom is still a possibility (or another big name which i wont speak of until clearified but a good one)...stay tuned i know were losing but this is all good news for our new york knicks
    dare we think KG is still a possibility?

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy

PG- Steph
    SG- JRose
    SF - Odom
    PF - Kmart
    C - Curry

Probably more like:
    PG- Watson
    SG- Steph
    SF - Odom
    PF - Kmart
    C - Curry

or

PG- Rose
    SG- Steph
    SF - Odom
    PF - Kmart
    C - Curry

Personally I would have Rose come off the bench. Odom and Rose are both point forwards so you could run the offense through Odom and then rose when he comes off the bench. Having both of them on the court at the same time might cause issues. Have Steph's primary position at the 2 (Ehich I am totally against by the way) so that he can concentrate on just scoring with the ocasional kickout.
    that team is good but thats still not a great team. Cant compete with the pistons or spurs

I agree with all these trades rumors helping the Knicks in some way, but am still worried about shooting guard. Q Rich and Crawford have not been picking up their part of the deal. Atleast drop 15 pts per game each and we call it a OK. Crawford with all that skill and dropping less than 10 pts a game is just a joke and Q being the three point champion??? I'm trying not to laugh. God help us. Send me Kenyon Martin/and Evans and lets bang down low until we can't anymore.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

I'm reading different info than you guys. I don't remember the exact source but I read the Lakers were asking for Fry in the Odom deal and as we all know Fry is off the market. But I supose anything is possible.

Veteran

Peter Vecsey is a moron and just wants to take away the little hope the knicks fans have. let's trade that bastard with Penny Hardaway to LA for Odom and a pick. i hate him..

contrary to that...

the trade which will likely happen first is Kenyon Martin becoming a Knick and Jamal Crawford becoming a Magician (huh? haha).

that still leaves Penny's expiring contract and dont expect a move to be made with that until practically the last day if any time. Isiah has a lot of options a few I personally love and some Im not fond of at all (seattle/portland)...Lakers is still a good chance even though they want frye D-Lee or Ariza (possibly with a pick) mite do the trick. so dont let ur hopes down all the rumors are still possible...

in all honesty watch for that Kenyon deal to be completed by the end of the week at latest. the reason im so bold in my statement is because the magic have a deal with the pistons where Kelvin Cato and a first rounder will go to Detroit for Darko Milicic & Carlos Arroyo waitin in the shadows..

PS..Chris that Frye rumor is a few days old. no worries though. its up to Isiah & Larry if they want to bring a NYer back home.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

I'm not a fan of Vecsey, but the guy is rarely off target.

update: seattle just aqcuired wilcox from the clippers and traded away radmanovic. this could possibly mean that fortson/evans deal could go through (not for malik though) because they've gotten some help at the pf position and may look to get rid of discruntled evans and fortson, and build the front court around swift. maybe instead of giving up m. rose we can give seattle native crawford

Veteran

very disappointed to report that the knicks have offered Penny Hardaway, Jamal Crawford and another player (D-Lee or Ariza) for Steve Francis and Kelvin Cato. Cato expires in the offseason. this bothers me...A LOT.