Nate's Fantasy Dunks

NYKnicks15

Starter
Let's get on a positive note for our knicks for a second. Nate will be in the Dunk Competition (as I reported a week before it happened, cmon I have to pat myself on the back for that haha im an ass...) ANYHOW this brings the question of if you could have Nate do anything (besides play D and be a better PG) in the Dunk Competition...what would it be?

Arm in the bucket? Jump another player? superman outfit??? what would it be?

MINE? dunk hold onto the rim and pull himself into it. go through that thing like a tunnel OR just sit in. CMON wouldnt that be fun to watch??

rady

Administrator
Staff member
btw, when exactly is the contest? i looked over the all star week schedukle and it doesn't say anything

that superman costume thing would be crazy! :D anyone did that before?
i remember seeing a mix of the globetrotters once and one of the guys put both feet on the panel after a dunk, holding himself by the rim with his hands

lemme search it..

portega1968

El Cacique
The day after Nate was drafted, I guaranteed he would be in the dunk contest, so I called it first!!! Moreover, I predicted back then that he would win the dunk contest. Now how's that for arrogance, jejejejeje.

Now, for my part in put up or shut up, Nate will do a backflip while throwing the ball against the backboard, spin around and jump over Yao Ming, grabbing the rebound and stuffing it in with a windmill... and then he will pull himself through the hoop!!!

Top that people!!!

Trin_Starr

Starter
He got wings tattooed on his back - so i'm sure he's gonna do a throw the ball against the backboard, take off his jersey and slam the ball in the basket...

I read the NYpost this morning - Q said he's GOT some crazy dunks lined up!!!

It starts at 8:30pm ET on TNT

NYKnicks15

Starter
AI got rubbed...but good for NATE ROBINSON our good story of the year haha. 2006 dunk champ! jumping over SPUD WEBB!!! :)

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
NYKnicks15 said:
AI got rubbed...but good for NATE ROBINSON our good story of the year haha. 2006 dunk champ! jumping over SPUD WEBB!!! :)

AI didnt get robbed, Nate got robbed, how moses malone gave nate a 8 for the dunk over spud and then a 10 for that under leg for AI...it would have been bettter if nate would have won it wit the spud dunk

Trin_Starr

Starter
Datruth u right on the money!!!
Moses Malone currently works with the sixers team coaching their big men - so u know his a$$ was rooting for AI jr to win....

He definitely robbed nate by giving him an 8 on that dunk.
That idiot falls to forget that nate is 5'9 - to do that shit requires madd hops!

Good job Nate

NYKnicks15

Starter
ur right i suppose. but he also gave iggy a 10 so we can get a dunk off tie. if you watch the words of the first judge (i forgot who it was) he says "give em a 10, tie tie tie tie"...moses did that on purpose to make it a tie...

but yea saw nate and spud together. nate is a little shorter and is 5'4 like i first thought.

oh and portega..i meant officially broke it, mine was news. urs was a hunch my friend :lol:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
be prepared! later today i'll post the best dunks in the video section :D

Trin_Starr

Starter
iINHu2.gif

wow! - when u look at this over - it is almost f**king impossible!!!

I think even though it took him numerous times to get some dunks off - the rules state u are not penalized for missed dunks and secondly - it's the story for all underdogs - a lil' man in a land of giants...
There's always going to be haters telling you that you can't do that shit, that it's not possible - but with perseverance and believing in yourself - u can accomplish anything.
If you get knocked down 10 times, u get up and try again - Winners never quit!

glad to see nate take it, he deserved it. Iggy didn't get robbed in this one, yes nate may have had the gimmick advantage being the short guy, but Iggy could've done much more. I must say that that his behind the glass dunk was astounding though. If he wanted to win this, he probably shouldve saved that one for the end. the fans booing pissed me off, i know there are alot out there crying about the "nba/ny conspiricy". They should blame the judges, not robinson...whatever we finally won something! now i just hope the knicks dont send nate to orlando.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
didn't andre did the same dunk in the last 2 rounds just from different angles?

na.. he wasn't robbed...

commonse

Benchwarmer
rady said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/allstar2006/news/story?id=2335818

can you believe this bum? what's up with all this haters? None of them noticed that iggy did the same dunk two times?
damn..

and i thought it was ok to miss as many times as you want as long as you finalize the dunk

yea Rady you've right!! Iggy did the same dunk in the last 2! Nate should win after the Spud dunk! & Nate should have done the backboard between the legs dunk, he can make it!!

I'm sure he will get the dunk comp next year too & if he does, he's gonna win it again hopefully in Knicks uniform!!