BREAKING NEWS: Kevin Garnett close to being a Knick

NYKnicks15

Starter
I broke it like the Francis deal for KO in the Official Trade dealine thread but no one seemed to notice haha so i made it its own...

the knicks and minny seem to be ready to trade KG for Penny&Frye..
take it for what its worth. but it could happen as soon as tomorrow.
i love ya Frye..but its KG son
if this doesnt happen expect us to get Kenyon Martin..not for Frye of course

commonse

Benchwarmer
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what I'm talking about!!! Steph-KG REUNITE!!!
I really like Channing but with Kevin, Steph & Eddy in the starting lineup is gonna be the Greatest!!!

Comon' Isiah Let's make the deal!!!!!!!!!! :afro:

NYKnicks15

Starter
commonse my friend...u forgot one piece...Steve Francis

Eddy Curry, Kevin Garnett, Jalen Rose, Steve Francis & Stephon Marbury
look attractive???

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
This starting line-up would make about 70 M $ this season, thats more money most teams spend on a complete roster.
And the only one who's willing to step back in scoring is KG, Curry probably won't get more than 6-8 shots per game and Francis, Steph and Jalen fight for the ball....but not in the D

Trin_Starr

Starter
OMG - I'm about to have a f**king heart attack....
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring KG here -

I'm about to get season tickets if this goes down!!!

Gullable

You guys seem like you will believe anything that anyone posts on this site. K.G. is not going to come to NY... period! Steve Francis may come but it will be a really stupid move because his game is almost identical to Marbury's (Brown loves to talk about having a team of 2 Guards playing point and we will add one more to that list). There are three deals that we should be seriously looking at; 1. Earl Watson/Kenyon Martin (Watson gives us a legit PG to back-up Marbury or move Marbury to the SG spot... Martin would give us some swagger and personality, an identity... something we are lacking). 2. Darius Miles (Not a lot different than some of the tweeners we have been stuck with but he does play defense and brings energy. 3. Reggie Evans (We can get him if we want him and we should REALLY want him. A guy that does not want to touch the ball unless he is rebounding it, unselfish, hard-nosed team player... something we do not have outside of David Lee). We are done this year, I do not care if we lose every game from here on out but I want 5 guys on the floor that go to war... that leave it all out there. You people talking-up Eddy Curry are insane. Curry has great low post moves but they do not work from the bench and he refuses to play real defense and will not rebound. Why tout a player that is so one dimensional? Frye has earned the starts and minutes. Q is shooting worse than my grandma but he plays hard and that is enough for me at this point in the season. David Lee does all of the little things and brings energy and swagger. Jalen Rose is a solid veteran that is good for any team. Marbury at the point, Rose at the SG spot, Miles or Q at the SF position, Martin or Evans at the PF pos and Frye at Center. Bring Lee off of the bench at the F spot, Watson off of the bench at the PG spot and then you have Q or Miles off of the bench at the swing spots and Malik Rose at back-up C.

PG Stephon Marbury
SG Jalen Rose
SF Quentin Richardson or Darius Miles
PF Reggie Evans or Kenyon Martin
C Channing Frye

Bench PG - Earl Watson, SG/SF - Richardson or Miles & Woods, PF David Lee, C - Malik Rose

Just to Add

If we can get K.G. then we should, that would be great for us no matter what we gave up because we need that kind of star power... a player that is one of the best in the league. NY needs that, but I don't think it'll happen, that kind of idle chatter shows up every year at this time and never materializes. - But it would be awesome -

portega1968

El Cacique
NYKnicks15, what's the source for this rumored KG deal, because I haven't seen it anywhere else. Not that I'm saying you made it up, 'cause I know that's not your style. But wherever it came from, it sounds bogus to me.

If it did happen, it would be awesome although losing Channing would be sad, but KG is worth that and more.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
As awesome as it would be to get KG...there is no way in a million years that would happen. I mean come on...for god's sake it's KG and he's worth a LOT more than Frye and Penny's contract. If the T'Wolves make that trade, they might as well fold the franchise. Sorry folks but this deal will NEVER happen.

As for the Francis deal....I'm kind of curious about how he and Marbury would play alongside each other. My first reaction is that it's a DUMB trade (for the obvious reasons of both are identical players, so Francis doesn't solve our lack of PG problems), but I'm willing to give it a chance since Francis is an immensely talented player. I just don't know how or why Brown would want this. Unless it's a typical case of him loving a player only to dislike him once he's on his roster. This deal could either redeem Isiah or finally solidify his stupidity as a GM (even though I think that was solidified a long time ago).

commonse

Benchwarmer
Re: Gullable

taylorjohna said:
You guys seem like you will believe anything that anyone posts on this site. K.G. is not going to come to NY... period! Steve Francis may come but it will be a really stupid move because his game is almost identical to Marbury's (Brown loves to talk about having a team of 2 Guards playing point and we will add one more to that list). There are three deals that we should be seriously looking at; 1. Earl Watson/Kenyon Martin (Watson gives us a legit PG to back-up Marbury or move Marbury to the SG spot... Martin would give us some swagger and personality, an identity... something we are lacking). 2. Darius Miles (Not a lot different than some of the tweeners we have been stuck with but he does play defense and brings energy. 3. Reggie Evans (We can get him if we want him and we should REALLY want him. A guy that does not want to touch the ball unless he is rebounding it, unselfish, hard-nosed team player... something we do not have outside of David Lee). We are done this year, I do not care if we lose every game from here on out but I want 5 guys on the floor that go to war... that leave it all out there. You people talking-up Eddy Curry are insane. Curry has great low post moves but they do not work from the bench and he refuses to play real defense and will not rebound. Why tout a player that is so one dimensional? Frye has earned the starts and minutes. Q is shooting worse than my grandma but he plays hard and that is enough for me at this point in the season. David Lee does all of the little things and brings energy and swagger. Jalen Rose is a solid veteran that is good for any team. Marbury at the point, Rose at the SG spot, Miles or Q at the SF position, Martin or Evans at the PF pos and Frye at Center. Bring Lee off of the bench at the F spot, Watson off of the bench at the PG spot and then you have Q or Miles off of the bench at the swing spots and Malik Rose at back-up C.

PG Stephon Marbury
SG Jalen Rose
C Channing Frye

Bench PG - Earl Watson, SG/SF - Richardson or Miles & Woods, PF David Lee, C - Malik Rose

This was one of the stupidest posts I have read!! I dont think you see the thing the right way whatever.. And Frye cant be our starting Center, at most our starting PF. He has no weight to do that job!! & you cant blame on Curry, he is our best big man! but I dont wanna talk more about this, I wont explain..

:moon:

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
Re: Gullable

commonse said:
taylorjohna said:

PG Stephon Marbury
SG Jalen Rose
C Channing Frye

This was one of the stupidest posts I have read!! I dont think you see the thing the right way whatever.. And Frye cant be our starting Center, at most our starting PF. He has no weight to do that job!! & you cant blame on Curry, he is our best big man! but I dont wanna talk more about this, I wont explain..

:moon:

Why can't Frye be a starting center?? He's gotta add some more bulk to his body, that's true, but if he does so, I think he can be a center in this league. And yeah Curry is our best big man, but he sucks. He can't rebound, he can't block shots, he can't cover anyone....he's just a low post scorer, and that's it...I think taylorjohn put it well. Curry needs to work out this offseason (I sort of give him a pass on the conditioning cause his heart condition precluded him from working out at all last summer) and show something. Personally, I don't see him ever being better than a 15-16 ppg scorer and maybe like 5-6 reb per game, because he's too soft.

LOL

LOL Funny... you can't blame Curry??? LOL Who do you blame for the stupid fouls and the missed dunks? Who do you blame for his inability to rebound with that frame and defense that does not exist? You cannot blame Curry? Wow... Yes, Frye is lanky and not heavy enough, so was Camby and Bosh when they started... the point is not where he is at right now, it is where he will be in the future. Frye can be a center in this league and to say he could be a PF at best really just shows the lack of basketball knowledge you have as PF and C are the only two positions Frye is suited for. The answer to your moronic post is simple... do not play Frye and stick with Curry (two things we have been doing) results in losses and a poor team. Your results are right there in front of you. LOL It is thinking like that, that got us to where we are... nowhere!

Thanks

RMK-NYK makes sense, not because he agreed with me but because he sees it for what it is. Curry's problem is between his ears, there is nothing to teach him, he is a low post force but that is it... and that costs us dearly. Besides, like I mentioned earlier, even with the low post threat, how much of a threat is it sitting on the bench with 3 fouls half way through the first quarter? One more thing... I will take Frye's on and off of the court effort over Curry's all day long. There is a reason every team wants Frye and it is because he will be better than Curry... just a matterof time.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
exactly why Frye + Penny should do the trick for KG. GM's know that Isaiah isn't just talking him up, Frye actually has star potential. If we don't get KG, then there isn't much anyone else I would trade him for. I think it's time for this franchise to have a home grown superstar. Not since the days of Ewing have the Knicks drafted a player and have him develop into one of the NBA's best. I think we need Frye just as much as we need KG.

Hoop115 makes another great point, we wonder why we never have that all-star player and it is because we only trade to get those players after other teams are finished with them, rather than taking the time to draft and grow with him so that he spends a career with us. The only star caliber players worth trading for at this point are the likes of Kobe and K.G. When it comes to 2nd level Francis-type players, we have that already in Marbury. Trade to get one of the few game-changing superstars in the league or get a few veterans to help develop our own young talent. Hoop 115 is right on the money there.

portega1968

El Cacique
Frye is gifted; he's an excellent shot and has a great attitude among many other things.

Only two things concern me enough to take advantage of his current value (before it goes down, if it does) and nab a player of KG's caliber.

One, he looks very awkward posting up... he doesn't seem comfortable playing with his back to the basket. Would practice and time make a difference? I suspect not. A big man who doesn't post up effectively is a limited player in this league.

Two, can you say Dwight Howard. This kid will dominate the middle for years to come and Channing doesn't seem to be the answer against him. Did ya'll see the blocks Howard gave Channing when he tried to post him up in the rookie challenge? That said a lot!!!

So Channing, we love you big guy, but we'd also love to ship you out for KG. Come back when you're a free agent (that's if this deal does go through, and I have serious doubts about that).

You might be right, Frye does need to work on his post-up game but he is good around the basket. I think with a little experience, some weigth gain over the next few years and he will develop that aspect of his game. I am not trying to talk up Frye or say that we should not trade him for K.G. (absolutely, if we can) but he is a better all-around player than Curry. Curry is what he is... if he is not rebounding now (with no Chandler to compete with) on a team that has no rebounder then he is just not going to be a rebounder. Frye would also work if we had a nasty PF that loved to rebound and play D.