Possible Trade: Q Rich for Marko Jaric

rady

Administrator
Staff member
The Knicks also reportedly have talked to the Timberwolves about exchanging Quentin Richardson, who rarely plays, for Marko Jaric, currently pouting after losing his starting spot to Marcus Banks.

URL

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i would hate to seee Q go, it will show they gave up on Q, is only his shot that isnt falling, after that he has been great

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
That's right.
And if Zeke's really making the trades for KG and Francis, we we'll need Q's D in the starting lineup instead of Rose at the 3

Trading Q is stupid and makes no sense. There are not a lot of guys leaving it all on the floor each night right now but Q is certainly one of them. Everyone is down on Q because his three point shot is not falling... that will come around sooner or later but the bottom line is that he does all of the little things. Watch him play D when his man does not have the ball. This guy is working his ass off right now and I would rather see 5 guys like that on the floor each night even if we lose every game for the rest of the season. The only PG we need to be interested in at this point is Earl Watson.

portega1968

El Cacique
Jaric is taller than Watson and plays better D. I would happily trade Q for Jaric, because at least Jaric can play the point.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
this would be a real dumb trade cuz then the knicks would have about 5 PGs, i doubt this trade would happen cuz they just acuired francis, minutes would be a problem in this team if this trade happens

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
datruth said:
this would be a real dumb trade cuz then the knicks would have about 5 PGs, i doubt this trade would happen cuz they just acuired francis, minutes would be a problem in this team if this trade happens

You forget our GM doesn't use such logic when making a trade which is why it's so likely to happen. I can't even get over the quote he made during the press conference yesterday when asked about how Marbury and Francis can co-exist "It's so crazy it might work."

ACopeman

Rookie
Listen we need reality here not fantasy. Thats never going 2 happen See I think they should get players who help Marbury. Marbury should be the marqee player I think. Produce around marbury then we become better. But steve and steph are both shoot first pgs so u cant expect a huge difference in the winning column

ACopeman said:
Listen we need reality here not fantasy. Thats never going 2 happen See I think they should get players who help Marbury. Marbury should be the marqee player I think. Produce around marbury then we become better. But steve and steph are both shoot first pgs so u cant expect a huge difference in the winning column

the thing you have to remember is that marbury has never been a winner. On Minn, Phx, and NJN he has not won and when he gets traded, they do extremely well. Im not saying get rid of marbury, im just saying to build around someone who can win a game for you, or just pull a pistons and find players that can benefit eachother.

Right now I think the knicks have the right stuff, I just think that Larry Brown is not doing what he is susposed to be doing which is using his players to their best abilities and he is just making them play Brown basketball, which is not the way to go in this case

I agree with you about your Brown assessment. I know that Larry is a proven winner but the bottom line is that you play cards with the hand you are dealt and if you cannot make that work then you lose. 'Nuff said there!

About the Marbury situation, I am going to stand up for Marbury here. I want to say that I was not a big Marbury fan when he came to town but the fans and the press have really been way off in dealing with Marbury this season. Stephon has been as good as he can be. He has adjusted his game for Larry and in public has said all of the right things. He has not demanded a trade and has stuck with his teamates and coach... he has not pointed any fingers and the bottom line there is what else can the guy do? His talent has not dimenished, he is simply doing everything he can to fit... what more can we ask? His willingness to change and try and work has really won me over this year and I will say this; it does not matter what he did anywhere else, anytime else... he is doing it right here and now... and he is the best player on our team and we cannot win without him. Give Steph a break and judge him for what he is doing as a Knick.

NYKnicks15

Starter
ughh i hate the marbury is a loser discussion. i dont love marbury but a lot of facts are overlooked for the sake of trying to make someones point look good..

in Minny him and KG were young. they ended up playing good together. 40 wins & made the playoffs correct? in fact Minny had never won more than 29 games or had ever made the playoffs EVER until steph was drafted...it was him and kg, who else was their on that team? TOM GUGLIOTTA WHOOO. it was a rook and a sophmore trying to make it big.

in NJ. who did he have around him? did he have Kenyon (besides for a rook) and RJ like Kidd did? nope. he had kittles & van horn WOW now thats a team. wait MY BAD you CANT FORGET Sherman Douglas, Jamie Feike & Evan Eschmeyer?!

in PHX. you all seem to forget that when Steph, Marion and Amare played together they were hott. then Amare got hurt and about what 15 games later Steph was traded to the knicks? 02-03 suns finished 46-36 and made it to the playoffs. Stephs last minute shots actually giving them 2 wins in their games against San Antonio. THEN the following year JJ emerged into a star, quentin richardson was signed, nash (we wont include) and amare came back fully healthy.

once again i dont love steph BUT please just look at the all the angles before we rip Stephon.

Nicely put NYKnick15. I think the biggest thing overlooked right now is the fact that he is being unselfish... the fact that he is saying and doing all of the right things and deferring to Larry Brown. What the hell do ya want? I don't care if he thinks a different way because he is not letting it out. I see him all of the time saying things like "I will do whatever coach wants me to do" or "I just want to win."

In fact you can make an arguement that of all of the Knick acquisitions under Isiah (to include Larry Brown) that Steph has adapted better than anyone (though I am so surprised by the defense, hustle and grit shown by Q). Honestly, what more can you ask for here? Steph is a model citizen as a knick.

portega1968

El Cacique
I agree with ya'll that Marbury is doing what it takes. He's definitely playing unselfishly and making a huge effort on D. He's trying to do what his coach has asked of him. This was very evident during that long-forgotten winning streak to start the year. I'm pretty sure we will see some nice games in the next weeks.

So please people, stop the hating on Marbs, he's improved greatly since coming to NY, and those that don't agree with that, are just BS'ing

Nice to see Steph getting his props. Every time I look in the Times, the Daily News or the Post, someone has something bad to say but for a player of Steph's caliber to change his game completely at this point in his career is something that not a lot of guys would do (or could do). Steph is not an outspoken leader and he never will be but to say that he is not a winner because he has not led a team to a championship is the same as saying Ewing wasn't a winner... I just don't buy it. Though I do not like the Steve deal I am willing to give it a chance and will also say that this is the only time Steph has played ball with the Knicks while having another legit stud (all-star caliber player). Let's see what they can do... maybe Isiah is right, maybe it is just crazy enough to work (or at least do something).