Steve Francis!?!?!?

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Great, now we have to wait another 4 months to see what the Knicks are going to do in the offseason. It's going to be hard watching these games b/c any chemistry the Knicks develop here on out may be completely disrupted by this summer when Isaiah looks to make more moves.

The only thing that I'll be rooting for is for the Knicks try to win as many games as possible so that the pick we traded to Chicago doesn't actually turn out to be a HIGH lottery pick, let alone the fact that it is going to be a lottery pick. As it stands right now Chicago has a high likelihood of obtaining the #2 overall pick courtesy of our beloved Knicks.

To make matters worse, rumor has it that the Bulls will be going after KG in the offseason as well. Package a couple of their young players along with our #2 overall pick, and that might just be enough to convince Minny to do the trade with them instead of us. KG being from Chicago he may even accept the trade.

With our new found depth at PG and Atlanta's need for one, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with Harrington rather than KG. Harrington is a FA this summer and will be seeking a max type contract. With their depth at SF Atlanta most likely will not match any max type offer he receives. Not wanting to lose him for nothing, they may look to do a sign and trade, making us a major player for him.

Obviously I'd rather have KG, but reality is Minny will do what's best for them. Getting both of them would be even better!!!

portega1968

El Cacique
Let's ship out Steph, Francis, Jalen, Jamal, Nate, Lee, Frye, Jerome James, Mo Taylor and our picks in a five-team trade that'll land us KG, Rashard Lewis, Paul Pierce and Joe Johnson.

Steph, Jalen, Al Jefferson and a pick to Atlanta
Al Harrington, Francis and David Lee to Boston
Jamal, Mo Taylor, Nate and a pick to Seattle
Frye, Ray Allen and Jerome James to Minny

17 player trade, jajaja

The, we would be crying for a decent bench.

Any more crazy ideas?

Knicks starting 5 for 2006:

Joe Johnson
Paul Pierce
Rashard Lewis
Kevin Garnett
Eddy Curry

portega1968 said:
Let's ship out Steph, Francis, Jalen, Jamal, Nate, Lee, Frye, Jerome James, Mo Taylor and our picks in a five-team trade that'll land us KG, Rashard Lewis, Paul Pierce and Joe Johnson.

Steph, Jalen, Al Jefferson and a pick to Atlanta
Al Harrington, Francis and David Lee to Boston
Jamal, Mo Taylor, Nate and a pick to Seattle
Frye, Ray Allen and Jerome James to Minny

17 player trade, jajaja

The, we would be crying for a decent bench.

Any more crazy ideas?

Knicks starting 5 for 2006:

Joe Johnson
Paul Pierce
Rashard Lewis
Kevin Garnett
Eddy Curry

That would be a hell of a nba live 06 lineup.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Watch us beat NJ tonight for the first time since the preseason!

Francis and Marbury and Jrose are gonna get everyone in foul trouble.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
New Beast in the East said:
mdelton said:
Isiah is really out to lunch on this one. He is a carbon copy of Marbury, very good player, but now what we need. Hey I have an idea, let's trade for Iverson as well.
The only thing that I can say is that as much as Isiah Thomas is an idiot, James Dolan is even further out there if he belives that Francis is the solution or that getting Francis is the bigger part of a master plan to get Garnet.
Jim and Isiah, I have only one thing to say; "The first step towards solving a problem is admitting you have it....."

What are you smokin dude? Francis is a carbon copy of Marbury?? Francis is way more explosive (dunks over people), he's a way better athlete, he's a way better shooter, he's clearly mentally & physically tougher, he's way better at creating his own shot, and most of all, he's alot better in the clutch. Also, I hope your not one of those fools who keeps crying about how big the Knicks payroll is! Who the hell cares! The money's not coming out of your paycheck! Forget about the cap! The trade was a frickn steel. Expiring contract & Ariza for 29 yr old 3 time all star stud. I watched Ariza play in high school & @ UCLA, his ball handling skills & shooting are no better than back then, he's lazy! His D is overated too. He can get a few steals that's it, everyone drives right around him, he can't cover s**t . One more thing, Isiah may be struggling but he knows more about basketball then all of us forum posters combined. I'm wondering if any of you complainers ever saw how incredibly sick Isiah was on the court! He's not stupid & he's not the problem, it's a few lazy players that don't listen to L.B.

I think a more valid question is what on earth you're smoking yourself?? First of all, those of us "whining about the payroll" are doing so because we're so far over the cap that we'll never have any flexibility to sign FA's...instead we have to keep making moronic trades that are risky at best.

Second of all...Francis IS a carbon copy of Marbury...he's generally disliked by his teammates, he plays no ounce of defense, he doesn't get along with his coaches, he's small like Marbury, he's not proven that he can be a winner with any team...I mean it's like seeing twins. I'll give you that Francis is probably more explosive and is a better scorer, but he's better in the clutch? Please tell me what big games he's ever won that would lead anyone to think that.

As for Isiah....he was a HOF player....this is not even arguable, and only an idiot would argue that....but that's not the issue...in every facet of the game that he's been involved in OFF the court, he belongs in the Hall of Shame...he's an outright failure at everything. I'm sure Isiah knows more about playing bball than any of us, but as far as running a team, and putting together a roster....he's the biggest moron there is.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
This first half of the first quarter alone is some of the most pathetic basketball I've ever seen. They look like a high school team playing against the Nets right now. And anyone wanting to sing the virtues of Francis...take a look at that pathetic defense

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro: The scary thing is....WHAT IF IT WORKS? The season is over anyway, we will be in the same situation next year we were this year as far as expring contracts and draft picks ( JRose and M Tayor will be in their final years) and we already have a new nucleus in Frye and Curry to build around. With a set rotation, a full summer and more offensive talent, we could be looking at something good, IF Francis and Marbury work out. I tend to agree with Bill Walton, that LB has failed to maximize th talent he has, and that the Knicks have enough talent to be one of the better teams in the East. We now have size, athleticism, and shooting. Let's see if Francis and Marbs work things out, maybe LB will opt for a more uptempo style. Franchise will keep mteams from doubling Marbury and Curry, creating more shots for Frye. If the team does not stage a mutiny against Brown and gets any kind of chmistry, then watch out. If not, it will be a huge mess.

oh yeah-It was Larry Brown who asked for Steve Francis

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro: Before we start calling Isiah stupid, let's get some facts straight. MOST of the ESPN radio guys, Dan Patrick, Colin Cowheard, etc, etc, as well as the guys who write all the articles in the post and the Daily news DO NOT WATCH the Knicks on a nightly basis. They read the boxscores, monitor the cap situation and surf the internet to form their opinions. Most of the articles are written b4 the games are even over! Anyone who watches the games will tell you that this team looks like it is Undisciplined and Poorly Coached. If you did not know that LB was the coach and Thomas was the GM and you watched any Knick game, you would be screaming "Who the hell is coaching this team, he should be fired!"
Point Two- I did not agree with half of Thomas's trades, but the last two were initiated by LARRY BROWN! Before the season started, MOST NBA analysts said that the Knicks would be a better team based on talent alone. The GM's job is to assemble TALENT. Winning games, Chemistry, that's on the coach! I love LB, I think he needs another year to learn his players, but remember-before LB was hired, Thomas was building a Running team. Surf the net, get all the articles about what Isiah was trying to do this past summer before Brown was available, the team was built to run and gun. That's why Kurt was traded for Q-Rich, that's why we drafted Robinson and Lee. If Flip Saunders coached this team, we would be in the playoffs this year! Not because he's a better coach, but he knows how to score! I give Half of the blame for this season to LB, but I think he needs another season. Don't believe the hype!

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
In the end the power rests in Isiah's hands. He's the one who has to execute the trade, and LB can only give him his opinion....I'm sure LB said Francis was a player he wouldn't mind having, but I doubt he meant having him and Marbury in the same back court. If you look at the type of teams Larry has had in his coaching career, he's never liked backcourts like this. Isiah is the one that has to use common sense, which he clearly lacks.

Does LB deserve blame? Yeah he does, but this team still has no direction or a clue in terms of a plan, and that is Isiah's fault