Steve Francis!?!?!?

mdelton

Rookie
Isiah is really out to lunch on this one. He is a carbon copy of Marbury, very good player, but now what we need. Hey I have an idea, let's trade for Iverson as well.
The only thing that I can say is that as much as Isiah Thomas is an idiot, James Dolan is even further out there if he belives that Francis is the solution or that getting Francis is the bigger part of a master plan to get Garnet.
Jim and Isiah, I have only one thing to say; "The first step towards solving a problem is admitting you have it....."

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
yeah i dont like this deal but u never know steve francis or stephon might be traded for lamar odom cuz lakers offered odom for francis now that we have em, the knicks dont have to trade frye,just a thought

mdelton

Rookie
I really did not think we needed this deal. Last night was the first night with both Marbusry and Rose on the floor together and even though Miami throttled us, have Rose, Marbury, Curry and Frye on the floor together spreads the defense much more. Given some time that could have jelled.

mdelton

Rookie
I would love to beleive that we will use Francis to get Garnett in the offseason, but in the words of Aerosmith, "Dream On", that ain't gonna happen

portega1968

El Cacique
Getting Francis doesn't make much sense at this moment, so I'm confident there is a plan on the way.

But one thing is for sure... we did steal him. Think about it people, we only gave up Trevor and Penny.

DAMN, that's a heist in any league.

NYKnicks15

Starter
mdelton i dont report anything but facts on this site. everything is sparked by truth. so when i tell you the only reason Francis is here is because Isiah is trying to stockpile enough talent to land KG in the offseason. you should believe me...ask Larry & Dolan who he sold on the deal.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
mdelton said:
I really did not think we needed this deal. Last night was the first night with both Marbusry and Rose on the floor together and even though Miami throttled us, have Rose, Marbury, Curry and Frye on the floor together spreads the defense much more. Given some time that could have jelled.

Yeah and it also allows an opposing offense to score about 140 points a game.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15: Even if that is the reason why this trade was made (I don't believe it either, because Isiah has shown he doesn't have this kind of foresight) it is extremely risky to throw your eggs in such a basket becuase the chances of it happening seem very slim.

portega1968

El Cacique
Larry should seriously consider to let these guys have their way on offense. The season is practically lost anyway, so he should just relax on the offensive side and let these guys use their skills, which are best suited for the run and gun, and just focus on teaching defense.

The summer will be good, and like al preseasons, we will be excited once again. Hoepfully, next season is really the one where the team breaks out.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Listen, the reality here is that Isiah's poker face wasn't as good as the GM from Orlando. Orlando's goal was to have the most cap room for the 2007 free agents. Taylor's contract would have given them that! If Isiah would have used PH for any other trade, I trully believe he would have still gotten Frances for Crawford and Taylor. See, the issue is all the GM's in the league know that we are so desperate for any type of change, at any given time, that we have no back bone and can be used to dump on. That is the truth, plain and simple. If Orlando believed for a second that Isiah would just let the contract expire, rather than take on a player that reazlly wasn't needed that bad, they might have gave in a little. But every GM can stand their ground with out even batting an eye lash. There is no healthy fear or even respect for the Knicks.

DOWN WITH ISIAH!!!!

I will give isiah the benefit of the doubt and say he will do something amazing wit all these contracts so lets not get mad yet...i think he has some sort of plan to try and get all contracts to end in the same year so he ends up under the cap...Call me crazy but just think about it

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
TheNextBestThing said:
I will give isiah the benefit of the doubt and say he will do something amazing wit all these contracts so lets not get mad yet...i think he has some sort of plan to try and get all contracts to end in the same year so he ends up under the cap...Call me crazy but just think about it

Ok...so then you're crazy...Isiah has shown during his tenure that he's totally clueless and has not shown any ounce of a plan. Everyone is talking about this Garnett thing, but how likely is it that the T'Wolves woudl want to take back people like Francis or Rose, who have max contracts that are at least 2-3 yrs long, and aren't expiring. Only a GM like Isiah takes on contracts like that when he's trying to "rebuild" and unfortunately for us, he's our GM.

NYKnicks15

Starter
RMK putting your Isiah hates aside. Think about this logically. Here infact I'll give you a little insight. Kevin Garnett has been pushing for a trade to NY since the offseason but out of respect has given McHale and owner Glen Taylor a chance to please him...obviously not happening.

Jalen Rose this offseason actually is an expiring contract. so I dont know what you're talking about there. and why would Minny want Steve Francis for KG. THEY DONT. theyd love to keep the big ticket. but if your going to get something for him you mind as well get an allstar player.

also KG wants to be in NY. he wants to play with Steph again. and Glen Taylor has so much love and respect for KG for signing for cheap so they could sign Spree and build a team. for stickin around when they traded away Cassell. for giving the franchise a chance. that he will do whatever KG asks, when KG asks. no matter what.

dont ask reporters or news reporters. dont ask Steph. dont ask KG. dont ask Isiah or McHale. they wont speak on this. and for some it wouldnt be smart too. but if you ask KG's friends...theyll tell you whats up. ;)

If you let one contract expire you get absolutely nothing out of it but if you get a bunch of contracts to expire at the same time then you get under the cap....I hope you realize that jus letting a contract expire for the knicks is useless unless they are going to wait it out which is impossible for any new yorker to do

I would rather see trades continue to happen nstead of just giving up and waiting for the team to just lose all contract....We arent atlanta or any other crappy team. We will continue to trade until all contracts expire together which is the smartest thing to do...If we can get rid of francis marbury and another crappy contract out together that cuts off almost half the cap

Allen

Benchwarmer
NYknicks15 you keep saying that we are going to get KG but I'll believe it when I see it. This season, like the seasons before added up to nothing. We have a spark in the rookies but they are being weighed down by the crappy players with big contracts. You said that the team is going to have a big summer, you have more hope than I do.
Whoever said that with this team the Knicks can't even win the NCAA tournement coming up next month is right.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
TheNextBestThing said:
If you let one contract expire you get absolutely nothing out of it but if you get a bunch of contracts to expire at the same time then you get under the cap....I hope you realize that jus letting a contract expire for the knicks is useless unless they are going to wait it out which is impossible for any new yorker to do

I would rather see trades continue to happen nstead of just giving up and waiting for the team to just lose all contract....We arent atlanta or any other crappy team. We will continue to trade until all contracts expire together which is the smartest thing to do...If we can get rid of francis marbury and another crappy contract out together that cuts off almost half the cap

That is such awful logic...so you're saying Isiah is trying to rack up awful contracts so that 3-4 yrs down the road they'll all expire? The dude could have had 2 big contracts expire at the same time this year, and instead he decided to trade them both off and add more money. Face it, this guy has no plan

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15: You seem pretty confident about this trade being in the works for the offseason, and more power to you for that...you have more optimism about it than I do. I was wrong about the Rose thing, I'll give you that, but the point is that if the T'Wolves want to trade Garnett, they'll want young talent back...getting back Francis makes no sense for a team that's looking to rebuild...just because he's an all star doesn't mean anything...I mean the the Magic got rid of him for a reason and they're in the same rebuilding mode themselves. They felt he was a detriment to the development of some of their young guys (namely Howard). So I don't buy that at all.

As for KG sticking around when Cassell was traded off...where was he gonna go? He's locked under contract and just becuase a player demands to be traded doesn't mean they have to do so. And in an ideal world, both team and player would be that lovey-dovey, but KG is the same guy that came out and blasted McHale early on....it's a business and they don't HAVE to be loyal to him at all. If anything trading him to the Knicks would be nice for them only because they would have to see him only twice. No matter what KG or his friends want, ultimately the T'Wolves have to do what's best for their organization, and taking the Knicks garbage (as much as I'd love to see it) does not seem to fit that bill.

As for my Isiah hate as you mentioned...yeah I hate the guy cause he's being allowed to go out and make a mockery of the team I love. He's taken a bad situation and turned it into the biggest joke in all of sports...I mean we've literally turned into the Clippers....bad move after bad move. Just read the Sports Guy's column on espn.com and see all the emails about this deal....it's dispicable. I don't know how Dolan can be so moronic to allow this to go on. I mean Isiah must have one helluva compromising picture of the guy for him to be allowed to remain in this job. So yeah I hate the guy and I think I have valid reason to. What elite franchise allows someone this dumb to run their team??

Anyways...I guess time will only tell, but I'll believe it when I see it with KG. If it happens, I'll be the first to post on here that I was wrong and I'll give you mad props...but again....I'll believe it when I see it.

mdelton said:
Isiah is really out to lunch on this one. He is a carbon copy of Marbury, very good player, but now what we need. Hey I have an idea, let's trade for Iverson as well.
The only thing that I can say is that as much as Isiah Thomas is an idiot, James Dolan is even further out there if he belives that Francis is the solution or that getting Francis is the bigger part of a master plan to get Garnet.
Jim and Isiah, I have only one thing to say; "The first step towards solving a problem is admitting you have it....."

What are you smokin dude? Francis is a carbon copy of Marbury?? Francis is way more explosive (dunks over people), he's a way better athlete, he's a way better shooter, he's clearly mentally & physically tougher, he's way better at creating his own shot, and most of all, he's alot better in the clutch. Also, I hope your not one of those fools who keeps crying about how big the Knicks payroll is! Who the hell cares! The money's not coming out of your paycheck! Forget about the cap! The trade was a frickn steel. Expiring contract & Ariza for 29 yr old 3 time all star stud. I watched Ariza play in high school & @ UCLA, his ball handling skills & shooting are no better than back then, he's lazy! His D is overated too. He can get a few steals that's it, everyone drives right around him, he can't cover s**t . One more thing, Isiah may be struggling but he knows more about basketball then all of us forum posters combined. I'm wondering if any of you complainers ever saw how incredibly sick Isiah was on the court! He's not stupid & he's not the problem, it's a few lazy players that don't listen to L.B.