1st visit to the garden this friday! need info please

mattmcm

Rookie
Hello,

My name is Matt, im from Bristol in the UK, and my girlfriend supprised me with a trip to New York, pretty good, but better still she got em tickets for the Knicks V's Bulls.

I have a few questions if any of you can help me out.

It says 19:30 start on the tickets, but what sort of pre game show is there? whats a good time to get there?

We are sat way up top, is there any way I can get a look a closer look at the area around the court seats or is this restricted access?

Where is good for a beer before and after the game, somewhere with a bit of a buzz. Over here the pregame drinks in the pub are a neccesity to get things going! and you deffinately need a few afterwards, win or lose.

Thats all I can think of for now. Thanks for your help

On a side note I think we were ripped off on the tickets, she paid $200 for tickets with a face value of $30 each. Quite a lot for shipping i think? or is that standard for tickets sent overseas?

Thanks again
Matt

Trin_Starr

Starter
Did she buy the tickets on ticketmaster?
or from a scalper? - cause if she did - then he made some money of u guys...

if the seats have a $30 value, u'll be up on the 5th level...I actually like the view from there - it looks good in my opinion...
By half time, you should see seats that are vacated and by people who 90% of the time are not going to show up. Just look out for ushers, get pass them and go and sit in the seats. Anything below 200 level and u run the risk of getting caught.

As for the pre-game show - they normally have some people performing and crap like that...

The Play - by - Play is a sports bar in MSG where u can booze up b4 the game...
http://www.thegarden.com/inandaroundgarden_bars.html

hope u enjoy and make sure u drop a ring on ur girl's finger - anyone who would do that for her man - is definitely Wifey Material!!! lol

mattmcm

Rookie
Thanks for the info,

the website she bought from seem legit, must just have been bad luck. Never trust a woman to do a mans job i supppose?

might try going down the bottom rows for a "quick look" and then staying there!

actually i did pop the question just before christmas which may have prompted getting the tickets!

cheers

Matt

You can go down near the floor with no trouble and as long as you do not jump in a seat no one will give you any problems. I usually get there around 6:45 but the stuff they have going on before the game is usually pretty lame. You will have better luck hanging around the shops and stuff because it is not rare to have a former Knicks (especially Starks of late) hang out for autographs and stuff in one of the main shops. My daughter got about 5 minutes of one on one time with him before it was announced that he was in the shop over the PA.

Grab some hot dogs or Pizza (Sbarro across the street) and then head in around 6:30 or 6:45. Look around and soak it all up. Enjoy your time here.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Yeah you got #&(# over on the tickets but don't worry about it. It's your first time in NY and at the Garden so forget about the tickets. I can tell you this, in the Garden there isn't a bad seat in the house. I went to see the Knicks vs 76ers in November, the game they won, and we had shitty seats but we saw every thing. The floor is lit up. NYC is very nice but watch your back at night n put your wallet in ya front pocket.