ESPN: Marbury Hated by TeamMates

nba_fan

Rookie
Not sure who caught this last nite but on ESPN Steven A Smith reported that he has heard from several Knicks players that they cant stand Stephon. He went on to say that it is so bad that Q Rich actually wanted a piece of Steph after a practice and had to be restrained by his sister. He said he isnt sure what Steph has done but the feeling was none of his teammates like him atall.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
That story of QRich and Steph getting into it was reported somewhere a few wks ago. I think it was during a team meeting? Anyways...last year Kurt Thomas threatened Marbury too. So it's no surprise...pretty much anywhere this guy has gone he's developed enemies on his team. Francis has kinda been the same which is a part of why that deal makes no sense

Trin_Starr

Starter
Steven A is a loud, obnoxious, attention grabber. If anyone should hate anyone, it should be all African Americans hating this guy who continues to perpetuate the stereotype that all blacks act in the way he does.
Didn't your mother ever teach you any manners??!!!

portega1968

El Cacique
Maybe Isiah's objective in trading for Francis was to pave the way for a deal that would send Steph away... maybe to Atlanta, one of the few teams who might take him (considering he was very popular when he played there with Georgia Tech).

I was born in Brooklyn... nothing would make me prouder of my Knicks than to see a homegrown legend lead them to championship glory. But after seeing so many teammates through the past decade say they can't stand Stephon, it's obvious he's unable to be a true leader.

I think it's time we bring another New Yorker to do the job of leading our team back from the ashes. Elton Brand, Al Harrington, Ron Artest, Mike James, Lamar Odom, etc.

KNICKSCALI

Benchwarmer
"quite frankly".... steven a. smith needs to shut up. there is nothing more that i hate than seeing him on espn talking about basketball.

commonse

Benchwarmer
Kurt Thomas was a selfish overrated player with a big mouth, he could just shoot the ball & nothing else! :moon:

Stephon carries this team from the thime he traded to New York, if he is good the team can win, there is no other player in the team who is that dominant than Marbury!!

I really hated Kurt Thomas play. Quentin Richardson is only playing a defender here, NO dunks over people, NO 3pointers, only what he can do is talk right now. I know he lost a member of his family but I think it has to be a reason to play hard! :afro:

GO KNICKS! GO STEPH!! :hoops:

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
commonse said:
Kurt Thomas was a selfish overrated player with a big mouth, he could just shoot the ball & nothing else! :moon:

Stephon carries this team from the thime he traded to New York, if he is good the team can win, there is no other player in the team who is that dominant than Marbury!!

I really hated Kurt Thomas play. Quentin Richardson is only playing a defender here, NO dunks over people, NO 3pointers, only what he can do is talk right now. I know he lost a member of his family but I think it has to be a reason to play hard! :afro:

GO KNICKS! GO STEPH!! :hoops:

You're joking right? Kurt Thomas was and is an excellent defender, and the man averaged a double-double last year! He often guarded people much bigger than him and still did a great job doing so. He was good at hitting the open outside jumper, and he was our enforcer...the one person on the team that brought those "dirty-work" and hussle type intangibles to this team. I'm sure the Suns are more than thrilled that they were able to find an idiot like Isiah that was willing to give him to them for QRich. That was a steal for them.

QRich, I can't really defend other than to say that while he's been an awful shooter this year, has been a nice surprise at times on the defensive end and he's shown a knack to put up some nice rebounding numbers.

Steph, as much as I like the fact that he's from NYC and grew up a huge Knicks fan, is a perennial loser. He goes from one loser to the next, taking his bad attitude with him and causing his teammates to dislike him. Rather than elevate the play of his teammates, he finds ways to make them worse. He can't defend, and he doesn't even have the right mentality for his position.

Basically, I hope your post was a joke, if not then I dunno what you're thinking.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I never liked Kurt Thomas but I have to admit he played against the best centers in the east and he's not a real center. So I quess you've got to give him credit. Still I like the fact that he's gone. I'd rather have Q. He's young and has more trade value than an older over worked Thomas. Back to Steph, all I've got to say is when Steph got hurt we started a major losing streak. His value is unquestionable. As far as him not getting along with team mates, I think that's an exaggeration. Right now we are facing the worse season sense the early 60's so Steph has every right to be pissed. If Shaq was hurt and his team played like ours does, he'd be slapping guys around in the locker room, but when steph steps up and says "hey, WTF is going on?" every one assumes he's the problem.

commonse

Benchwarmer
donchris said:
I never liked Kurt Thomas but I have to admit he played against the best centers in the east and he's not a real center. So I quess you've got to give him credit. Still I like the fact that he's gone. I'd rather have Q. He's young and has more trade value than an older over worked Thomas. Back to Steph, all I've got to say is when Steph got hurt we started a major losing streak. His value is unquestionable. As far as him not getting along with team mates, I think that's an exaggeration. Right now we are facing the worse season sense the early 60's so Steph has every right to be pissed. If Shaq was hurt and his team played like ours does, he'd be slapping guys around in the locker room, but when steph steps up and says "hey, WTF is going on?" every one assumes he's the problem.

True! :afro:

alonreppinNY23

Benchwarmer
great players ... are allowed to say what he wants .. if he knows his team sucks ... he can say ... cause without marbury there is no chance of winning (before we got francis and rose) ...

marbury hated by teamates ... its not marbury its the team .. just cause the team is struggling the blame has to be on the star player ...