Major Changes this Summer!!!

Starks

Starter
Hey Im not sure how keen you guys on other sports but this same situation happened 2 years ago with Manny Ramirez and the Red Sox.

They were sick of his crap, just like the Knicks are with Marbury. Since he got paid too much to trade, they put him on waivers hoping another team would bite.... And no one touched him and his killer stats with a 10 foot pole.

The moral of the story: Put Stephon on waivers if you want, but most GMs these days don't look to invest much on players out of their prime and especially players with unfavorable relationships with fans and the media. I can only think of Mark Cuban willing to spend a bit of cash on Stephon.

So yea, looks like we are stuck with Steve and Stephon for quite a few years

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
It doesnt matter how many times marbury shoots the ball becuase one thing we simply dont get to the line as much as our opponent, we dont play defense, we usually have more turnovers than assists and even if marbury puts up 10 assists the rest team has a total of like 5, if we cant defend we might as well throw in the towel, news flash were not the suns we cant play zero defense and win, we need to defend. I dont know if its the system or the players, but it needs to get fixed.

marbury cant get traded i cant afford all these damn jerseys

Trade Idea NY/ATL/MIN

Minnesota Timberwolves

Incoming Players
Maurice Taylor
Salary: $9,100,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 6.0 REB: 3.3 AST: 0.7 PER: 8.72

Jerome James
Salary: $5,000,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 3.1 REB: 2.2 AST: 0.3 PER: 6.27

John Edwards
Salary: $1,000,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 1.8 REB: 1.3 AST: 0.1 PER: 6.23

Malik Rose
Salary: $6,979,147 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 4.2 REB: 3.4 AST: 0.8 PER: 10.63

Outgoing Players: Mark Madsen, Eddie Griffin, Kevin GarnettAtlanta Hawks

Incoming Players
Mark Madsen
Salary: $2,000,000 Years Remaining: 0
PTS: 1.1 REB: 2.3 AST: 0.2 PER: 6.52

Eddie Griffin
Salary: $2,500,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 4.5 REB: 5.6 AST: 0.5 PER: 13.18

Quentin Richardson
Salary: $6,945,500 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 8.2 REB: 4.2 AST: 1.6 PER: 9.58

Outgoing Players: John Edwards, Al HarringtonNew York Knicks

Incoming Players
Kevin Garnett
Salary: $18,000,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 21.8 REB: 12.4 AST: 4.0 PER: 26.53

Al Harrington
Salary: $6,975,500 Years Remaining: 0
PTS: 19.0 REB: 6.7 AST: 3.1 PER: 16.31

Outgoing Players: Maurice Taylor, Jerome James, Quentin Richardson, Malik Rose

Allen

Benchwarmer
stephonmarbury8 said:

news flash were not the suns we cant play zero defense and win, we need to defend.

You hit the nail right on the head.
The people who are calling for the team to run more and calling for the firing of Larry brown do not seem to grasp that concept.
I still believe that Larry Brown is the guy to coach this team despite the poor job he is doing this season. In the long run this team will be better with Larry Brown as its coach.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
i totally agree. firing brown won't stop the turnovers, make them play defense, or improving their free throws. these are big problems that existed even before brown was hired.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Larry Brown has excerbated the turnover ratio.
How are you supposed to get comfortable with ur teammate's tendencies when the lineups change so god damn much and please do not say Larry was looking for the right combination.
There were times when I saw some players play great ball only to be bench for the next 3 games....LB intentionally sabotaged this season...

The problem the knicks had b4 LB was that they needed an interior shotblocker and a coach who knew how to close out games.

Everything seemed to get worse for the knicks.

You guys are acting like LB saved the pistons franchise....they were already a great team b4 he arrived and was pushed over the top by the acquisition of Rasheed.

Even when Larry was in Philly he could not control Iverson. He took most of the shots, turned the ball over madd times and not one shit larry said could change iverson otherwise so larry got players that would work around him while leaving iverson to magnify his strengths..

Here in NY - larry is trying to turn steph into eric snow and the reason he will never budge is because he is a media whore and wants the world to know that he is in control and not marbury....

If I ever see Shelly Brown, I'll fuck her as hard as larry brown has fucked over the knicks!
In that case - her ass will be in a permanent wheelchair!! lol

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
iight u must be a larry brown fanatic....explain to me how a "great" coach would start u just because its ur hometown(guess he doesnt want to win)...isiah has a great resume..rebuilded toronto and helped indiana....if it wasnt for isiah jermaine wouldnt be in indiana...second, wat kinda excuse is that the reason team USA lost is because 911, wasnt 911 like in 2001, the olympics larry coached was in 2004 when marbury was there...and the video comment it was cute and is true but in my opinion the way isiah built this team is a style larry brown cant teach....and lastly hell yeah larry brown pushed for the steve francis trade, larry brown disliked trevor ariza and isiah loved trevor., and hey might u not think that this is for larry to push isiah to trade marbury next year and make room for the great francis who cant come off the bench????think about larry fanatic

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
i am not a larry brown fanatic, however, there are some marbury fanatics in this forum. honestly, i think larry brown is overrated just like the rest of the knicks’ personnel. however, i don’t think it is completely his fault for the knicks’ horrid state. everyone in the knicks has their fair share of the blame. i do think the lineup changes had a big factor but you have to consider that maybe…larry was justified in making them. first, the knicks had a lot of injuries during the season. second, benching guys is the only tool a coach has to punish his players who don’t listen to him and the knicks have been horrific at doing that. i think the biggest culprit is effort. if the knicks had just given as much effort as the few games they have given throughout the season, they would not have had such a horrific record. some games they would come out to play and a lot games they would just go out there to get paid. it is pathetic that the rookies show more effort than the best players on the team and it is usually the rooks that gets the knicks back in the game.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
datruth said:
iight u must be a larry brown fanatic....explain to me how a "great" coach would start u just because its ur hometown(guess he doesnt want to win)...isiah has a great resume..rebuilded toronto and helped indiana....if it wasnt for isiah jermaine wouldnt be in indiana...second, wat kinda excuse is that the reason team USA lost is because 911, wasnt 911 like in 2001, the olympics larry coached was in 2004 when marbury was there...and the video comment it was cute and is true but in my opinion the way isiah built this team is a style larry brown cant teach....and lastly hell yeah larry brown pushed for the steve francis trade, larry brown disliked trevor ariza and isiah loved trevor., and hey might u not think that this is for larry to push isiah to trade marbury next year and make room for the great francis who cant come off the bench????think about larry fanatic

Look at my reply in the Brown Threatens Knick Shakeup forum