Al Harrington

NYKnicks15

Starter
Al Harrington will become a free agent in the offseason as we all know and will obviously not accept the MLE from any team even if its a Championship calliber one. Frankly because he deserves a lot more.

Anyhow recently he said he would prefer New York over any other team. And he and his agent will look into it strongly. The only way besides for MLE to get Harrington is through sign and trade with Atlanta.

Atlanta is way under the cap and can take back some contracts if necessary. I like Marbury I do. BUT if situations seem to escalate and Atlanta wants the Georgia Tech star why not offer him. Stephon Marbury & a 1st rounder for Al Harrington and a 1st rounder.

Brown and Zeke both love this guy.. What do you all think?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Marbury for Harington is a strong possiblity at this point. But the summer is still a few months away, who knows what will happen then. My choice is to keep marbury and trade Crawford and Richardson or Crawford and Rose. We have too many guards so some of them will have to go. The most likily trade will be Fry or Robinson and Crwford.

portega1968

El Cacique
NO WAY to Frye involved in a deal for Harrington. I would only consider Frye for a Kevin Garnett, Ben Wallace, etc. type of player.

Like I've said elsewhere, if we're going after a SF in a sign-and-trade, I'd rather look into grabbing Rashard Lewis or Paul Pierce.

I've lost faith in Stephon 'cause of his attitude this week. I've been eager to see him take us to the promised land the past couple of years, but it just isn't meant to be. I think it's time we all get used to the idea that he has to be shipped out. I know many Marbury lovers will cry over this one, but we have to be reasonable here and think about the team rather than the individual.

I'm willing to ship him to Atlanta instead of JC or Q, but wishing for a multi-team deal that sends Harrington to the Sonics or Celtics and lands us either Pierce or Lewis (or both =)).

Q hasn't had a good year shooting the ball, but he is really striving on the defensive side and the same goes for Jamal, therefore they deserve a chance to stay... unlike Stephon who seems will never be able to stop opposing guards.

There must be some way that we could get rid of Stephon and Francis, along with the expiring deals of Jalen Rose and Mo Taylor, along with a pick or two, and land both Rashard Lewis and Paul Pierce (I assure you these two guys will be in another uniform within a year, might as well it be NYK).

I'm certain a starting 5 of Jamal, Pierce, Lewis, Frye and Curry, backed up by Q, Nate, Lee, Malik, Woods, James and Butler would at least get us deep into the playoffs.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15, awhile back you suggested that we trade QRich for Harrington in a sign&trade. I actually made the suggestion that Atlanta would probably want one of our two star PG and NOT a SG/SF to add to their stockpile. You rebutted and said that they would probably like QRich and that he wouldn't add to their already crowded SG/SF mix.

A) thanks for the acknowledgement for this idea and...

B) I was at the NY-ATL game last night. Ivey (could be coincidental since he's NY product) played a majority of the minutes at PG with Johnson at SG, Josh Smith at SF and Harrington at PF. Whenever Marvin Williams came in, it was to play SF not PF. Josh Childress was inactive but he's been playing SG/SF the whole season. I would have to say that they do have an abundance of SG/SF.

BTW...It was a GREAT game. I can't believe the rooks pulled it off. Down 12 in the 3rd w/ Marbury in the game. Once Brown pulled him and the other starters out things began to pick up. Craw, Nate and Lee really stepped up last night. I dunno if they showed this on TV, but whenever they took a time out in the 4th, while everyone was close to the huddle, Stephon & Franchise were either lingering on the outskirt not even looking in Brown's direction or they were sitting down at the very end of the bench. Great team players!!!

NYKnicks15

Starter
hey smart ass, i would give you credit if you came up with that idea. to say the reason i wrote this post was because your idea stuck in my head is BS. i dont even know who you are nor do i even remember your post. but its commen sense NOW that Marbury and Larry are at odds, for this idea to come up...

you cant claim a trade scenario... teams are interested in Kevin Garnett... thats my idea. no one else steal that. haha whatever man, stop being such a girl.

btw go re-read my post. and do some research about the league NOT just one game. Marvin plays the PF (yes he also plays SF). Smith plays SF. Childress plays SG-SF. i said that they do have a lot of Forwards. BUT that Joe Johnson is usually their starting PG... so do what you have to do, go read previous boxscores or something.. Johnson has started for them at PG most the season.. and get off my case.

yay for you, would u like a cookie?

BACK ON SUBJECT. Is it possible theyll take Q-Rich and a pick or so like i previously stated? yes. if they can get something like a SG theyd take it. if they can get SOMETHING over losing him to free agency theyd take it. a Q/JJ backcourt could be fun to watch.... theres a lot of possiblities of what could happen. could be Rose, could be JC, could be Q, could be anyone. discuss what ud offer. come up with some combos or such...

but no one say Marbury... hoop115 trademarked that idea :lol:

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
seeing the fact that we have 4 potential point guards, why dont we package nate robinson in the deal, i know people dont liek to hear that but most teams liek isiah said were interested in our rookies, that would leave steph, francis, crawford to share the roll and point guard and believe me nobody can argue thats not enough talent in a starting PG. So maybe send Q and nate and a 2nd round for harrinton and a first round, im not even sure that could work but we are bulked up in our backcourt. I dont want peirce or lewis anymore cause it would remind me of nba live 06 or somehting when u start a season and trade away the original players for 5 superstars and go 80-2. so we could have curry,frye, AH, Marbury, francis as our startign 5 with malik, crawford, lee. I will say we need to do somehting with jalen rose, and we shoudl let these other players fall of the SC taylor, and williams,and anderson. My last thing is I think crawford could start on 80 percent of the teams in this league, but i believe he can be a huge spark off the bench, and that can lead to alot of wins. i mean maybe if possible???? what happened to theo ratliff, i wish we could stress AH and defense this summer and maybe next year could be a solid year for knicks fans. man just think if we could play solid defense we could be a really good team in the NBA.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
First of all relax...I wasn't trying to be a smart ass.

Second of all, 'suggestion' was a wrong choice of words on my part. It was more a statement of FACT that they need a PG more than a SG/SF. That has been clearly evident even going into last years draft when every analyst, beat writer and fan questioned ATL's pick of Marvin Williams over one of the available PG's (CP3 & Deron)

Third of all, I wasn't claiming credit for a trade scenario. Just trying lighten things up and be a little comical. I don't really care for credit...so again, relax. Sorry I upset you.

Fourth of all, you're right about a couple things. Joe Johnson does get alot of run at the PG...but again, ATL is in the market for a true PG allowing them to move JJ over to his natural position SG. Marvin Williams does play PF...depending on which player he needs to sub first, Smith or Harrington. Scouts do project him to play PF as his primary position later on in his career once he learns the game and develops his body. Just right now he's logging minutes at SF, adding to their deep rotation at that spot.

Fifth of all, just b/c someone doesn't agree with you on every fact doesn't make them unknowledgeable about the league.

I think you've taken my comments a little too personally b/c we don't know each other, which you've pointed out. I'm not here to make enemies, just to participate in healthy conversations with other Knick fans. Had we been acquaintances maybe things would be different but we're not so please understand that I'm not trying to be an ass.

If we were at a bar I'd buy you one b/c today is St. Patty's day and we share one thing common, being Knick fans...so enjoy one on me. And maybe next time if we disagree on something you'll take it as just that, a disagreement and not a personal attack on your judgement.

NYKnicks15

Starter
man hoop, i didnt take it personally nor should you.. i see you havent posted here but here and there.. but youll come to realize i just try to stir things up. no worries. i'm a moderator here, but i also try to keep everyone posting and strongly (as you just did).. so once again, no worries. its just business as they say haha ;)

NOW even though Marbs and Larry "cleared the air" and Larry told Steph he wants him back next season and he wont try to trade him... i still say ship him to Atlanta for Harrington and their first rounder. well have to throw one of ours in.. but so be it.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
I agree, and not just for the sake of agreeing. Steph & Larry both needed to say 'publicly' that they would try to work things out.

Steph's trade value has already taken a huge hit. Not being able to take direction from your coach isn't a desirable trait in any of your players, let alone your star player. Every team knows that the Knicks will look to trade him during the offseason, regardless of what they say now.

Short term (til the end of the season), I think they'll be able to work together...long term, I doubt they can ever truly get on the same page. If they can work things out for the remaining games and Marbury is able to show the caliber of PG he truly is then they might be able to achieve what they both want...a trade out of NY.

paris401

Starter
i doubt atlanta will take starbury with 60m still owed him.. most of the nba teams even if they want him can't afford the $$$. he is going to be tough to trade... maybe not impossible but very difficult.

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
I just dont want to see any of the young players go. Al Harrington would be a nice pickup for marbury but i heard they might have to include a player like frye. I wouldnt even involve frye in a deal for KG. I like this starting 5:

nate robinson
????
al harrington
Frye
Curry

Who knows who the starting sg will be next year, possibly crawford

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
Jazzyknicks33 said:
I just dont want to see any of the young players go. Al Harrington would be a nice pickup for marbury but i heard they might have to include a player like frye. I wouldnt even involve frye in a deal for KG. I like this starting 5:

nate robinson
????
al harrington
Frye
Curry

Who knows who the starting sg will be next year, possibly crawford
My mistake, I completely forgot about steve francis who they did not need in the first place, Id choose him to play sg and have crawford backup nate and francis

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
im telling u, once talks come around in the offseason about al harrington he will deft bring up the fact of wanting to play on the same squad as stephon. theyre good friends. i actually watched al harrington play stephon marbury 1 on 1. they played 2 games and each won one.

vinod1227

Rookie
If we trade Frye or Robinson they will most certainly come back to haunt us. Robinson based on his swagger and confidence will be a well established, super role player in thes league.

Frye will be an all star in 3-4 years....

DOn't trade em, lets build