View Poll Results: How many picks will we have on draft day?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than two

4 23.53%
  • Still have two

6 35.29%
  • Less than two

7 41.18%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Draft Thread

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Sene will be gone before the 20th pick.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Isiah make a trade to move up in this draft. Would he do it to grab Sene, or go even higher to grab Gay, Tyrus, Roy...

If he stays put, he's definitely grabbing Shawne Williams at the 20th and maybe even go after Marcus Vinicius with the 29th. I doubt he's goinf after Josh Boone.

He's also looking at Maurice Ager, Rajon Rondo, Hilton Armstrong, Mardy Collins... all of them will be excellent role players.

I wouldn't be surprised if he trades down to go after Hassan Adams... that kid can play and doesn't belong in the second round.

i doubt isiah is gonna go after boone also because we are overloaded with pf's as it is. i think if shawne williams is still around by 20 then we take him. with the 29th i say we either grab pj tucker or the brazilian guy, vinicus. depending on how many guards isiah is planning to deal this offseason would depict whether we grab a good backup sg in tucker or if we grab another sf with vinicius...

Most mock drafts agree that Isiah is going after Shawne Williams at the 20th spot.

CNNSI has the Knicks picking Kevin Pittsnoggle at 29... i would be very surprised if Isiah goes after this kid because his game is identical to Channing Frye... I'd ratehr see him grab Vinicius or Hassan Adams.

Veteran

I'm not too fond of Hassan Adams. The NBA is getting bigger.. and a 6'4 SF is not a good sign

Hassan Adams' profile in nbadraft.net (similar to the profile on draftexpress.com) is copied below... it seems his size for the 3spot is really not an issue because of his wingspan and leaping ability.

Strengths: One of the top athletes in college basketball...An absolute freak of nature...Explodes off the floor with his unreal vertical leap...Arguably the best dunker in the nation...Excels at the acrobatic play...Best in the nation at the “weakside rebound putback” slam...Exceptional rebounder for his size...Plays much bigger than his 6'4" frame...Has worked hard at becoming more than “just a dunker”...Great at filling in the blanks (tipping passes, taking charges, etc.)...Solid in the clutch...Remarkably strong build, which helps him absorb contact and finish near the rim...Plays with high intensity...The phrase “heart and soul of his team” appear in many of his bios...Has all the physical tools to be a shut-down defender...Terrific in the open court...Long arms...Above average ball handler...Hard worker...Great teammate...Phenomenal stamina...Never appears to be breathing hard...Very coachable...Considerable upside.

Weaknesses: Has no real NBA position...At 6'4", will most likely be an undersized 2-guard, but his skills translate more to the small forward position...Like most players at this level with his physical tools, he relies too much on his athleticism to make plays...Often jumps straight up for rebounds instead of boxing out...Reaches too much on defense instead of moving his feet (which is especially problematic because he has the lateral foot-speed to stay in front of his man)...Lets his man take too many open jumpers... Occasional lapses in concentration...Doesn’t have the necessary range to consistently hit the NBA 3-pointer...Has seen a sharp dropoff in production from his sophomore to his junior season (his scoring is down 5 points, his rebounds down 2, his blocked shots down one, and his shooting percentage down 9%)...Could stand to improve his free throw percentage...Always gives people the feeling that he should be better than he is...Streaky scorer...Needs to regain his assertiveness from his stellar sophomore season.

Notes: Named California’s “Mr. Basketball” after his senior year at Weschester High School in Los Angeles...Named to the Pac-10 “Honorable Mention” team his sophomore season.

OK, this is what I liked:

1. He's a senior out of Arizona just like Channing Frye, so that tells me he's been coached nicely.

2. I like the "heart and soul of the team" reference... another Nate!!!

3. Arguably the best dunker in the nation.

4. The best in the nation with the weakside putback slam... memories of Marcus Camby, or at leats Trevor Ariza, jejjejeje

5. Has all the physical tools to be a shutdown defender.

A recent disorderly conduct charge has him low on the draft board, but this guy would be a monster in the open court if the Knicks and Isiah go with the run-and-gun offense next year. Along with Shawne Williams, our SF spot would be solid.

If Isiah has "one year" to get this fixed...I can't imagine these two picks are too appealing to him....there has to be some trade in the works....
    The "one year" statement means that more young players are not what he wants...
    I have no idea what trade will happen...but the two picks they have now will not be Knicks in Oct...

With that...what about Speedy Claxton...can't we try to sign him and then move Steph off of the ball...or off of the team
    If IT wants to be the Suns of the East we need a true PG...Phoenix can only run their system because of Nash...Claxton is no Nash...but he is a lot closer than anyone we have...
    Once he is signed...then work the sign and trade with Al Harrington

Claxton/Robinson
    Marbury/Crawford
    Rose /Q (of course Rose could be gone in a trade)
    Harrington/Frye
    Curry/Butler

Veteran

please stay on topic

in regards to Hassan Adams.. Dunkings great. Awesome. Wingspan too. But we don't need another guy with no position. We need a quality good sized SF. Qyntel Woods and Shawne Williams will be good enough especially in the run in gun offense. I think Qyntel (if he starts) will have an incredible year.

but from what I hear (unless trade changes it) Williams will go 20th, Boone will go 29th. Unless Isiah thinks he can get Williams at 29th (which he prolly cant) and grab Sene with the 20th

The day is here.... oooh so many possibilities:

A. WILL THE KNICKS TRADE UP INTO THE TOP 5? I don't thinks so 'cause:

1. Toronto will only trade down a couple of spots to grab Bargnani... although they should pick Morrison or Roy instead of the big men

2. You know Chicago ain't giving that baby back... Ty Thomas is set here

3. Charlotte and Jordan aren't interested in any of the Knicks assets... they'll get Gay

4. Portland is drooling over getting Morrison at this spot

5. Atlanta would've been ideal if not for the fact they apparently promised Shelden Williams here (unless Atlanta is drafting because Shelden is destined to be a Knick when the Harrington deal reaches the table in July)

B. WILL THE KNICKS TRADE UP INTO THE TOP 10? Maybe if:

1. I'd die happy if we were able to ship out Jamal Crawford, Channing Frye and Jalen Rose plus our two picks for Rashard Lewis, Chris Wilcox and that 10th pick to grab Randy Foye.

2. Or maybe ship those same guys to Minny for their pick plus Jaric and Griffin and pick Foye.

3. Boston ain't trading with us

4. Would Houston take back Steve Francis? jajajaja.

5. Dang, Golden State needs players for all spots, why can they take some of our luggage for that pick?

C. WOULD iSIAH MOVE UP INTO THE 10 THROUGH 20 RANGE?

Answer: only if he saw that as the chance to grab either Hilton Armstrong or Saer Sene or if one of the PF/SF lottery picks fell into this area.

D. WILL HE STAY PUT AND PICK, AS SPECULATED, SHAWNE WILLIAMS AT THE 20TH AND JOSH BOONE AT THE 29TH?

I believe he would go for Williams but that 29th pick means another guaranteed contract with no roster space for it unless a trade is made. I'm predicting one of those picks will be traded... ya'll can burn me 2morrow if it doesn;t happen.

E. WILL ISIAH TRADE DOWN?

I'm hoping he does trade that pick and move into the early second round and grab Hassan Adams.

Veteran

where to start.. um first Toronto will get Bargnani cause they think with Rasha and his shooting they can split the floor. Tyrus Thomas will be a Bull. Charlotte will grab Morrision BECAUSE THEY NEEDS SHOOTING. Roy to Portland I think from there or Aldridge. Then Williams. Gay etc etc

The knicks unless something comes up (from what i hear nothing) soon will take both their picks. Sene and Armstrong wont be at the 20 so hell grab his SF in Williams. Boone is moving up actually and mite not even be there by 29th. But I also heard that Isiah promised Boone the 29th pick. sooo conflicting reports there.

Expect Isiah to try some big things.. but NOTHING foolish as trading away JC, Frye and rose for lewis, and wilcox. thats insane. and id die as wlel if that happened... from a heartattack. He will make a bid for Lewis (Taylor Lee and N-Rob if anything they dont want JC) but also look for him to pursue Marion.. Harrington is a Knick I think, good as gold. BUT i wont put my stamp on it until i get the word.

expect a lot of trades to happen DURING the draft not before. and def there will be some after. A lot of players could be on the move. I'll update you all in the transaction thread. Murphy, Davis, Iverson, Sczerbiak, Head, Marion, Lewis, Smith, Garnett, Daniels, Villeneuva, the list goes on and on... well see what happens.!!!

New Rumor!!!

Kevin Garnett, Eddie Griffin and the 6th pick to Chicago for Ben Gordon, Chris Duhon, Andres Nocioni and the 2nd and 16th picks (Chicago has cap space)

Minny would select Ty Thomas with the 2nd pick and Hilton Armstrong with the 16th.

The Bulls would grab the best player available then at 6, which could be Roy, Foye or Carney.

Sounds like a bunch of BS ah?

C - Chandler
    PF - KG
    SF - Deng
    SG - Roy
    PG - Hinrich

That lineup seems dangerous!!!

Please Lord, don't let it happen.

Veteran

not BS, just continued trying by Chicago. They also offered Luol Deng at one point.

That Portland-Boston deal smells like the Blazers want Adam Morrison and Brandon Roy... question is, will they be available at those spots?

Veteran

well Adam Morrison wont be there for them as I'm pretty sure he will be going to Charlotte as they intend on using him as a SG. Gerald Wallace is there guy and they need shooting not another athletic forward.

Please talk in the player movement thread if you are gonna talk about other teams Ill be there too

Veteran

Indiana just screwed us over.

Veteran

We have just selected Renaldo Balcman. a 6'6 SF that has long arms to block shots and quick hands to steal. He can finish but not much of a scorer. Can run but a small interior player..

A cross between Dennis Rodman and Ron Artest.. so help us God haha

He's a sleeper BUT one we could of gotten at 29. I have faith in Isiah's talent scouting so we will see. I think this guy will provide that bruiser D we need.. so well see.

It seems after Shawne Williams was picked before us Isiah felt it was necessary to stick to game plan. Pick the best SF he saw and move on to the next need. Personally I would of went Boone 20 and Balcman 29th.