View Poll Results: How many picks will we have on draft day?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than two

4 23.53%
  • Still have two

6 35.29%
  • Less than two

7 41.18%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Draft Thread

i still cant believe they skipped on marcus williams. even if it woulda given us our 5th pg on the roster. nj is gonna be dangerous now with him backin up kidd. we deft shoulda got him and used him or one of our other pg's for al harrington. we shoulda waited until the 29th pick to grab balcman but w/e isiah hasta be confident with this season being his last chance.

and yes indiana deft did screw us over.

Veteran

And with our 29th pick via SA we select Mardy Collins a 6'5 PG/SG from Temple. He's a character guy who has size for his position. Traditional PG who can pass it up with a large wingspan for his position 6'10 I believe. Very good defensive player. Not a bad pick at all at this spot.

we dont need another pg. if we did y did we pass on williams? and if hes not gonna play the point then how is he gonna play the 2 when his main weakness is shooting?

Veteran

he wont be on our team my friend...
    and if he happens to be (contrary to what I'm hearing) then he'll be a cheap back up if we trade Nate.

isiah better get on the horn right away and start workin out some deals to get us a banger @ the pf or c spot. we also need a worthy starter at the small forward position.

Veteran

haha thanks captain obvious.
    nah for real dont expect a C/PF to happen anytime soon but a starting SF can be coming to us rather shortly. This draft has give us options.. and expect David Lee, Steve Francis, Nate Robinson & Mardy Collins to be on the trade block or gone in the offseason.

Veteran

A few corrections. Mardy Collins is 6'6. And Renaldo Balkman is 6'8.
    I've been doing some research on Renaldo to further my knowledge before I trash this pick... and I'm actually pleased. He's a tough, dirty, hustle type player that stands 6'8 with a nice wingspan. Very hard defender that can block and steal. He also was the MVP of the NIT Postseason. He shoots 60% from the field and doesnt need to score to be happy. He runs the court great and excels in the run and gun cause he can finish powerfully. This guy mite be the type of player we need, a you first type player that will bust his ass for the TEAM.

thats wat im saying, isiah is going make a run n gun offense and players like balkman is going raise some eyebrows..i wont be surprised if this kid turns out good wit the wat isiah picks

Veteran

also just heard that Balkman WOULDNT have been at number 29. Pheonix wanted him and would have taken him prior.. but once he was gone they decided to trade their picks.

One site I read called Renaldo Balkman the Dennis Rodman type with a team oriented attitude, and no baggage. The guy blocked 56 shots in 31 games. 60% FG and a good defender? That what the doctor ordered. As for Mardy Collins, a 6'5 PG that has post up ability, as well as plays d? Why would any real fan question this? We need guys with team oriented guys and that's what we got.

Isiah does it again....now let's see if these rookies pan out. Everybody must realize that you can't draft somebody like a James White or Marcus Williams at this pick because anyone with real talent is not going to get minutes at all unless they're playing at SF. So when picking these two defensive talents, you're not only going to get better when playing these kind of scrappy players in practice, but if the team needs an injection of energy on the floor you can put nate rob, Ronaldo Balkman, and David Lee all on the same floor. This is a good pick since offensive players rot on the bench and defensive players get hungry on the bench...

i guess its not quite as bad as i thought @ 1st. i thought balkman was like 6'5 (way to small to play sf). but hes really 6'8 and is a monster on defense. and to think that he wouldnt have been their for the 29th pick is kind of a sigh of relief that we grabbed him when we had the chance. he wasnt on the top 100 prospects but yet he turned so many heads @ the workouts he ended up the 20th pick, and from isiah none the less.

and collins could be that guy we can use to guard those taller guards on opposing teams (arenas, bryant, wade, ect.). he'll let us run our offense thru curry, marbury, and frye. it deft seems to be a great idea. we picked up 2 key role players. thats exactly what we need. ben wallace even said it.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

I'm trusting Isiah on Balkman... it's nice to have a shotblocker for the 3spot. He says that he'll never cut his hair again, so I'm thinking those sweaty, stinking dreadlocks will wreck havoc on opponents at the very least.

Collins is a solid pick and covers one of most glaring shortcomings (defense by our backcourt). To be honest, he may be the best playmaker on our team right now.

Of course, I was pulling for Marcus Williams at 20 (once Shawne was gone) and Hassan at 29, but I'm no GM so **** it.

What pisses me is that Memphis got Rudy Gay so cheap for Shane Battier straight up... why the **** didn't Isiah trade for him? David Lee and Nate may have done the trick and would've been worth it. This guy will be one hell of a SF with that wingspan and upside.

But no use crying now... rather turn my attention to following our rookies' progress in summer leagues and the upcoming free agent period.

November, you're syu ****ing faaaar awaaay still.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

New Jersey got Marcus Williams, Josh Boone and Hassan Adams? Uffffff, dang, ****, **** @$*&%@

That trio will thrive with all that practice time they'll get with JKidd, Jefferson and Vince.

This smells like a historic rivalry is brewing for the next decade... Brooklyn Nets vs. Knicks in a couple of years will be the hottest ticket in the world!!!

NYKnicks15, what do you think you know that the rest of us don't concerning Collins being traded?

I think isiah did pretty well on this draft.

Our team has tons of players who can score at will, but we have no lockown defenders.

Defending the 1, 2 and 3 spots have always been a problem for us.
    Balkman is a lockdown defender at 6-8 - so while we may not have much scoring at our SF, we know for sure neither will the opposing team with him defending them.
    They also say balkman is quick enough to effectively guard the 2 spot as well.

Mardy collins will make a great backup point to Steph. The dude is also an exceptional defender and at 6-5 that's a great size for a PG.

Our picks were defensive minded. I can't wait to see our SL team in action!

REPORT from the Orlando Predraft camp:

ANALYSIS: Not overly tall or big, Balkman moved around the court at June's Pre-Draft Camp with an ease and speed that was astonishing. He was in the middle of every big play, snatching rebounds from bigger players, dribbling upcourt like a guard leading the fast break and arriving on the scene of every loose ball first and controlling it. Both players and camp coaches (who are mostly former NBA players) were shaking their heads at the ubiquitous Balkman. Balkman consistently makes plays, including those on the offensive end when no play is called for him. His high-energy, game-altering play was one of the most surprising developments in this year's camp.