View Poll Results: How many picks will we have on draft day?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than two

4 23.53%
  • Still have two

6 35.29%
  • Less than two

7 41.18%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Official Draft Thread

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

C - Frye
    PF - Lee
    SF - Balkman
    SG - Nate
    PG - Collins

I guess that'll be our summer team starting 5...

With Aldridge, Roy and Sergio, Portland got much better...

Orlando Predraft Camp: Day 3

Renaldo Balkman - 14 points, 11 rebounds (5 offensive), 2 steals, 2 blocks, 3 turnovers, 6-12 FG, 2-3

Balkman had a surprisingly effective showing, using his combination of athleticism and hard work to track down loose balls and rebounds relentlessly while also finishing a lot of shots around the basket. Balkman is about 6'8, long, athletic, and provides a constant energy on the floor. He was most impressive today attacking the glass, where he'd frequently grab rebounds away from opponents much larger and stronger than he is. In terms of the NBA, his game appears to best translate to a small forward, where he would serve a type of player role, as he is not particularly skilled at any one thing. He hasn't shown much proficiency with outside shooting, though he did have quite a few nice passes today and handled the ball fairly well. He also has a good touch around basket and finished a lot of baskets both in the halfcourt and transition today.

Orlando Predraft Camp: Day 4

Renaldo Balkman

Renaldo Balkman continued to help his draft stock considerably with the energy he showed and the versatility he’s brought to the table here in Orlando.

Balkman was hustling all over the place from the minute he stepped out on the floor, being all over the place both offensively and defensively and doing everything humanly possible to help his team. He was on or around every single loose both whether it was by getting in the passing lanes or hitting the offensive glass, igniting the fast break at times on his own with his above average ball-handling skills and being quicker and more motivated than anyone else on the floor to prove himself. He had two excellent blocks today, one on the perimeter on a switch, and a number of offensive numbers that he occasionally converted into a made basket before anyone could react. He didn’t show any resemblance of an outside shot, but still managed to use his slithery quickness to get to the basket and score either with a layup or an emphatic dunk.

All in all, Balkman has a legit case to be considered MVP of the entire pre-draft camp, and a likely draft pick should he decide to stay in. Sources in Orlando claim that he’s already picked an agent and will announce that fact in the coming days once he gets a final read on his draft stock.

Balkman sounds like a solid hustle player, but there is no excuse for passing on Marcus Williams. Isiah should have drafted Williams and then traded him for Al Harrington or a future No. 1 pick. I would have been happy with taking J. Boone at No. 20 too.

The only place I read that said Balkman was going to get taken by the Suns was in an Isiah Thomas quote. I'm betting its bogus. The Suns are in a money crunch and were in sell mode. They weren't drafting any players to keep. If anything they probably would have taken a foreign player to stash over in Europe for a few years. Balkman would have been available at No. 29 and beyond.

He seems like the kind of player I'd root for, but he'll probably be sitting on the bench next to David Lee while Malik Rose, Maurice Taylor and Jalen Rose are stinking up MSG.

Congrats to the Nets for benefitting from Isiah's stupidity.

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid folks. Isiah is clueless.

so u woulda went with josh boone. that being about our 6th pf. i can tell u know which way to bring this team, that is if we dont even wanna make 20 wins. and i would love to stop drinkin the kool-aid but it just tastes so goddam good

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

quoting Isiah from knicks.com:

"We had a couple of chances to move up in the draft but the player we would have moved up for didn’t excite us as much as the ‘B-man’."

The B-man being, of course, Balkman.

Which player was Isiah thinking of moving up for?

Rudy Gay or Hilton Armstrong?
    Shawne Williams or Saer Sene?
    Randy Foye?

guess we'll never know...

Originally Posted by Die Dolan Die
    there is no excuse for passing on Marcus Williams.
    Of course there is, the laptops at MSG are not insured for theft!!! lol

With Isiah's history of good drafts...I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Steven A Smith and Greg Anthony really tore into the Knicks and Thomas on the ESPN broadcast.

I give isiah thumbs up on the draft

I can't give Isiah a thumbs up or a thumbs down at this point..I know everybody in the media laughed at Isiah for the Balkman pick, but last year everyone laughed at him when he said he would have taken Frye over Bogut..First game they played each other, Frye dropped 30 buckets on him...If this kid is as good as Isiah thinks he is, then we got one of the steals of this draft....Balkman is 6'8, but what nobody in the media is talking about is that he has a 7'1 wingspan, and for his size blocks shots and rebounds well. He played pf in college, he has the speed and quickness to play sf in the NBA, and he is said to be a good defender...Think about a JYD-type that can guard wing players....You put a defensive-minded small forward who can rebound, block shots and get steals with two skilled bigmen like Curry and Frye on the front line and you can afford to have undersized guards on the court, I assume Isiah will play more zone defense....If he pans out, then he could really improve us defensively and allow us to run more by getting out on the breaks...Last year we had NO ONE to guard the 1, 2, or the 3, so drafting Collins and Balkman instead of marcus Williams made sense in that we have so many pg's already but none that actually play "D"...Now we gotta trade Francis...

I can't see why ya'll want to trade the franchise. First of all we're not going to get the same trade value in return when we trade him so we need to get the backcourt rotation of JC, the franchise, and starbury. Like what I said, there isn't a backcourt rotation that can match the talent and the ability of the current rotation that we have. We need to leave that alone, we can do some damage with the franchise on our roster. We need to trade Q-Rich or J. Rose and David Lee or Nate Rob for Al harrington...that's a must. Next we need a bruiser at the PF behind Frye. Other than that I think we need to stay quiet until the season starts. We might be in for a pleasant surprise this season.

I think Isiah did well, at least as much as I read about the two picks.
    Collins is a big defensive minded, pass first pg who could give our smallish sg's Marbury and Nate some time on the two spot.
    Balkman doesn't need the ball that much and plays a heck of a defense, so he really fits well in our team.
    It's still a gamble but if it pays out....