Official Draft Thread

How many picks will we have on draft day?

• More than two

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Still have two

• Less than two

• Total voters

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
If Isiah has "one year" to get this fixed...I can't imagine these two picks are too appealing to him....there has to be some trade in the works....
The "one year" statement means that more young players are not what he wants...
I have no idea what trade will happen...but the two picks they have now will not be Knicks in Oct...

With that...what about Speedy Claxton...can't we try to sign him and then move Steph off of the ball...or off of the team
If IT wants to be the Suns of the East we need a true PG...Phoenix can only run their system because of Nash...Claxton is no Nash...but he is a lot closer than anyone we have...
Once he is signed...then work the sign and trade with Al Harrington

Claxton/Robinson
Marbury/Crawford
Rose /Q (of course Rose could be gone in a trade)
Harrington/Frye
Curry/Butler

NYKnicks15

Starter
please stay on topic :)

in regards to Hassan Adams.. Dunkings great. Awesome. Wingspan too. But we don't need another guy with no position. We need a quality good sized SF. Qyntel Woods and Shawne Williams will be good enough especially in the run in gun offense. I think Qyntel (if he starts) will have an incredible year.

but from what I hear (unless trade changes it) Williams will go 20th, Boone will go 29th. Unless Isiah thinks he can get Williams at 29th (which he prolly cant) and grab Sene with the 20th

portega1968

El Cacique
The day is here.... oooh so many possibilities:

A. WILL THE KNICKS TRADE UP INTO THE TOP 5? I don't thinks so 'cause:

1. Toronto will only trade down a couple of spots to grab Bargnani... although they should pick Morrison or Roy instead of the big men

2. You know Chicago ain't giving that baby back... Ty Thomas is set here

3. Charlotte and Jordan aren't interested in any of the Knicks assets... they'll get Gay

4. Portland is drooling over getting Morrison at this spot

5. Atlanta would've been ideal if not for the fact they apparently promised Shelden Williams here (unless Atlanta is drafting because Shelden is destined to be a Knick when the Harrington deal reaches the table in July)

B. WILL THE KNICKS TRADE UP INTO THE TOP 10? Maybe if:

1. I'd die happy if we were able to ship out Jamal Crawford, Channing Frye and Jalen Rose plus our two picks for Rashard Lewis, Chris Wilcox and that 10th pick to grab Randy Foye.

2. Or maybe ship those same guys to Minny for their pick plus Jaric and Griffin and pick Foye.

3. Boston ain't trading with us

4. Would Houston take back Steve Francis? jajajaja.

5. Dang, Golden State needs players for all spots, why can they take some of our luggage for that pick?

C. WOULD iSIAH MOVE UP INTO THE 10 THROUGH 20 RANGE?

Answer: only if he saw that as the chance to grab either Hilton Armstrong or Saer Sene or if one of the PF/SF lottery picks fell into this area.

D. WILL HE STAY PUT AND PICK, AS SPECULATED, SHAWNE WILLIAMS AT THE 20TH AND JOSH BOONE AT THE 29TH?

I believe he would go for Williams but that 29th pick means another guaranteed contract with no roster space for it unless a trade is made. I'm predicting one of those picks will be traded... ya'll can burn me 2morrow if it doesn;t happen.

E. WILL ISIAH TRADE DOWN?

I'm hoping he does trade that pick and move into the early second round and grab Hassan Adams.

NYKnicks15

Starter
where to start.. um first Toronto will get Bargnani cause they think with Rasha and his shooting they can split the floor. Tyrus Thomas will be a Bull. Charlotte will grab Morrision BECAUSE THEY NEEDS SHOOTING. Roy to Portland I think from there or Aldridge. Then Williams. Gay etc etc

The knicks unless something comes up (from what i hear nothing) soon will take both their picks. Sene and Armstrong wont be at the 20 so hell grab his SF in Williams. Boone is moving up actually and mite not even be there by 29th. But I also heard that Isiah promised Boone the 29th pick. sooo conflicting reports there.

Expect Isiah to try some big things.. but NOTHING foolish as trading away JC, Frye and rose for lewis, and wilcox. thats insane. and id die as wlel if that happened... from a heartattack. He will make a bid for Lewis (Taylor Lee and N-Rob if anything they dont want JC) but also look for him to pursue Marion.. Harrington is a Knick I think, good as gold. BUT i wont put my stamp on it until i get the word.

expect a lot of trades to happen DURING the draft not before. and def there will be some after. A lot of players could be on the move. I'll update you all in the transaction thread. Murphy, Davis, Iverson, Sczerbiak, Head, Marion, Lewis, Smith, Garnett, Daniels, Villeneuva, the list goes on and on... well see what happens.!!!

portega1968

El Cacique
New Rumor!!!

Kevin Garnett, Eddie Griffin and the 6th pick to Chicago for Ben Gordon, Chris Duhon, Andres Nocioni and the 2nd and 16th picks (Chicago has cap space)

Minny would select Ty Thomas with the 2nd pick and Hilton Armstrong with the 16th.

The Bulls would grab the best player available then at 6, which could be Roy, Foye or Carney.

Sounds like a bunch of BS ah?

C - Chandler
PF - KG
SF - Deng
SG - Roy
PG - Hinrich

That lineup seems dangerous!!!

Please Lord, don't let it happen.

portega1968

El Cacique
That Portland-Boston deal smells like the Blazers want Adam Morrison and Brandon Roy... question is, will they be available at those spots?

NYKnicks15

Starter
well Adam Morrison wont be there for them as I'm pretty sure he will be going to Charlotte as they intend on using him as a SG. Gerald Wallace is there guy and they need shooting not another athletic forward.

Please talk in the player movement thread if you are gonna talk about other teams :) Ill be there too

NYKnicks15

Starter
We have just selected Renaldo Balcman. a 6'6 SF that has long arms to block shots and quick hands to steal. He can finish but not much of a scorer. Can run but a small interior player..

A cross between Dennis Rodman and Ron Artest.. so help us God haha

He's a sleeper BUT one we could of gotten at 29. I have faith in Isiah's talent scouting so we will see. I think this guy will provide that bruiser D we need.. so well see.

It seems after Shawne Williams was picked before us Isiah felt it was necessary to stick to game plan. Pick the best SF he saw and move on to the next need. Personally I would of went Boone 20 and Balcman 29th.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i still cant believe they skipped on marcus williams. even if it woulda given us our 5th pg on the roster. nj is gonna be dangerous now with him backin up kidd. we deft shoulda got him and used him or one of our other pg's for al harrington. we shoulda waited until the 29th pick to grab balcman but w/e isiah hasta be confident with this season being his last chance.

and yes indiana deft did screw us over.

NYKnicks15

Starter
And with our 29th pick via SA we select Mardy Collins a 6'5 PG/SG from Temple. He's a character guy who has size for his position. Traditional PG who can pass it up with a large wingspan for his position 6'10 I believe. Very good defensive player. Not a bad pick at all at this spot.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
we dont need another pg. if we did y did we pass on williams? and if hes not gonna play the point then how is he gonna play the 2 when his main weakness is shooting?

NYKnicks15

Starter
he wont be on our team my friend...
and if he happens to be (contrary to what I'm hearing) then he'll be a cheap back up if we trade Nate.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
isiah better get on the horn right away and start workin out some deals to get us a banger @ the pf or c spot. we also need a worthy starter at the small forward position.

NYKnicks15

Starter
haha thanks captain obvious. :lol:
nah for real dont expect a C/PF to happen anytime soon but a starting SF can be coming to us rather shortly. This draft has give us options.. and expect David Lee, Steve Francis, Nate Robinson & Mardy Collins to be on the trade block or gone in the offseason.

NYKnicks15

Starter
A few corrections. Mardy Collins is 6'6. And Renaldo Balkman is 6'8.
I've been doing some research on Renaldo to further my knowledge before I trash this pick... and I'm actually pleased. He's a tough, dirty, hustle type player that stands 6'8 with a nice wingspan. Very hard defender that can block and steal. He also was the MVP of the NIT Postseason. He shoots 60% from the field and doesnt need to score to be happy. He runs the court great and excels in the run and gun cause he can finish powerfully. This guy mite be the type of player we need, a you first type player that will bust his ass for the TEAM.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
thats wat im saying, isiah is going make a run n gun offense and players like balkman is going raise some eyebrows..i wont be surprised if this kid turns out good wit the wat isiah picks

NYKnicks15

Starter
also just heard that Balkman WOULDNT have been at number 29. Pheonix wanted him and would have taken him prior.. but once he was gone they decided to trade their picks. :lol:

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
One site I read called Renaldo Balkman the Dennis Rodman type with a team oriented attitude, and no baggage. The guy blocked 56 shots in 31 games. 60% FG and a good defender? That what the doctor ordered. As for Mardy Collins, a 6'5 PG that has post up ability, as well as plays d? Why would any real fan question this? We need guys with team oriented guys and that's what we got.