GAME THREAD - 3/21/06 - 7:30 pm EST- Knicks vs. Raptors

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

7:30 PM, Tuesday, February 21st, 2006​
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, New York City, NY​

knicks_logo.gif
NEW YORK KNICKS (19-46)
3099.jpg
3325.jpg
2636.jpg
3934.jpg
3514.jpg
MARBURY---FRANCIS---ROSE---FRYE---CURRY
VS
raptors_logo.gif
TORONTO RAPTORS (24-42)
3577.jpg
3420.jpg
3933.jpg
3707.jpg
3864.jpg
JAMES---PETERSON---VILLANUEVA---BOSH---SOW

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Raptors Team Stats
Raptors Team Notes

TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
WHAT KNICKS MUST DO!!!!!!!!

Knicks need to do some drastic things to save the franchise. First fire Larry Brown and eat the remainder of his contract. Second, do the same with Marbury, Francis, Malike Rose and Maurice Taylor ( will never happen). Get Stan Van Gundy or someone who has maximized young talent before. Not someone who had a already good team or David Robinson or Iverson on his roster or couldn't win with a team of Duncan, Stoudamire, Wade, Lebron, Iverson, Pierce, Carmello, Marion and so on ( since when Iverson, Pierce and Wade weren't good outside shooters?). I know that's a total of about 120 million dollars. But they are just going nowhere with these guys here taking away valuable minutes and basketballs from our young guys. The starting five should be:

Jalen Rose (very good passer)
Jamal Crawford(explosive scorer)
D Lee(rebounding)
Frye(good shooter and presence)
Curry inside scoring)

We need to draft a point guard or two and wait till Jalen Rose contract is up to pass the torch to them and compete with Robinson for starting PG job.

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
i mean no offense to you, but i couldnt understand what the hell you were saying in you first paragraph, secondly i disagree with your lineup, you have jalen rose for passing, how bout the starting point guard who leads the team in assists and has put up 8 more in every game on average for the last 10 seasons. I agree with jamal for scoring, but also his improvemnet on perimeter defense where we were killed on alot of plays vs the heat DW drove and kicked out and nobody was in 10 feet of the player. I will go ahead and agree with you on david lee because he can score a little on the inside, and his tremendous defense and hustle. I would go frye and or malik, cause malik has the good defense and the heart and hustle and frye does but frye is taller and might shoot a little better, i would go with curry for the inside scoring and presence. I was unimpressed with steve francis last night in the 4th quarter with his offensive foul and a missed layup that could have been an easy layup with a good pass, that really upset me last night to see. i dont like the idea of drafting two point guards because we cant unload our front court to expensive unless a big name is invovled and if nothing did happen with trades were going to have 8 point guards lol, eddy curry has so many bright spots that i have seen and some work this offseason with brown and company assumming nothing bad happens... will be a good year for curry. i mean we can beat toronto lets go......!!

commonse

Benchwarmer
Re: WHAT KNICKS MUST DO!!!!!!!!

nycefnl said:
Knicks need to do some drastic things to save the franchise. First fire Larry Brown and eat the remainder of his contract. Second, do the same with Marbury, Francis, Malike Rose and Maurice Taylor ( will never happen). Get Stan Van Gundy or someone who has maximized young talent before. Not someone who had a already good team or David Robinson or Iverson on his roster or couldn't win with a team of Duncan, Stoudamire, Wade, Lebron, Iverson, Pierce, Carmello, Marion and so on ( since when Iverson, Pierce and Wade weren't good outside shooters?). I know that's a total of about 120 million dollars. But they are just going nowhere with these guys here taking away valuable minutes and basketballs from our young guys. The starting five should be:

Jalen Rose (very good passer)
Jamal Crawford(explosive scorer)
D Lee(rebounding)
Frye(good shooter and presence)
Curry inside scoring)

We need to draft a point guard or two and wait till Jalen Rose contract is up to pass the torch to them and compete with Robinson for starting PG job.

this dude is funny! :)

Trin_Starr

Starter
You know I'm getting so sick of LBs dumb ass comments to the NY media....saying how Charlie V is such an unbelievable talent - that's because u didnt coach him and crush his confidence like u did to Frye, u stupid f#ck!

Frye's J was as smooth as H20 - now the dude can't even make one or a FT for that matter....

Now he goes and says this shit to further humiliate Frye and destroy his self esteem...

Anyway, watch for J rose to have a big game tonight...and add a W in our win column

NYKnicks15

Starter
I dont necessarily think this is an "easy win". Toronto has been improving as of late, as have we. BUT I think this could be a pretty even game. With our former starting PF Antonio Davis pretty much done for the season after falling in a recent game their toughness and depth in the front court has thinned. I think Eddy and even Malik will have good games.