Brown Threatens Knick Shakeup

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
datruth said:
iight u must be a larry brown fanatic....explain to me how a "great" coach would start u just because its ur hometown(guess he doesnt want to win)...isiah has a great resume..rebuilded toronto and helped indiana....if it wasnt for isiah jermaine wouldnt be in indiana...second, wat kinda excuse is that the reason team USA lost is because 911, wasnt 911 like in 2001, the olympics larry coached was in 2004 when marbury was there...and the video comment it was cute and is true but in my opinion the way isiah built this team is a style larry brown cant teach....and lastly hell yeah larry brown pushed for the steve francis trade, larry brown disliked trevor ariza and isiah loved trevor., and hey might u not think that this is for larry to push isiah to trade marbury next year and make room for the great francis who cant come off the bench????think about larry fanatic

First of all I am NOT a Larry Fanatic! In fact, I still look at him as the Indiana coach that battled us for so many years in the 90's!! So, I want to address your comments 1 at a time:

explain to me how a "great" coach would start u just because its ur hometown- Larry said he does this because he feels that a player will elevate his game in front of his Family and friends. I don't agree or disagree with it, it is just his style and so be it, that is not why they have the recordt they have today, that only accounts for a handful of games in a season.

second, wat kinda excuse is that the reason team USA lost is because 911, wasnt 911 like in 2001, the olympics larry coached was in 2004 when marbury was there- If you remember there were threats of terrorism to all the Olympic athletes that year. Alot of the top NBA players turmed down or pulled out of the tournement. Brown did not want Marbury there but they needed to fill the roster and he had no choice. Also, I said they lost becasue of an imbalanced roster. Their back court resembled what the knicks have now! They had no one who could pose an outside threat and they did not have a true Center to anchor the paint. Duncan kept getting into earlt foul trouble because the defenses did not have to worry about any outside threat so they would double and triple team him. If they would of had say, Ray Allen, Redd or even like Shane Battier who is an outside threat, that would have open up the D to allow Wade to drive and also open up the low post game. But because they went like 11 for 150 from outside the arc, the zone just sat back and blocked the drive. We also were out rebounded!

isiah has a great resume..rebuilded toronto and helped indiana....if it wasnt for isiah jermaine wouldnt be in indiana-
Isiah Thomas became part owner and Executive Vice President for the expansion Toronto Raptors from 1994 to 1998, but left the organization after a dispute with new management. During his tenure with the Raptors, Thomas was unable to deliver them to the playoffs.
Thomas became the owner of the Continental Basketball Association (CBA) from 1998 to 2000. After his purchase of the Continental Basketball Association, the league was forced into bankruptcy and folded. Many CBA managers blamed Thomas's mismanagement and out of control spending.
From 2000 to 2003, Thomas coached the Indiana Pacers, replacing Larry Bird, who previously coached the Pacers to the NBA Eastern Conference title. Working with the leadership of Reggie Miller, Thomas helped bring up young talents such as Jermaine O'Neal, Jamaal Tinsley, Al Harrington, and Jeff Foster. In his first two seasons with the Pacers, the team was eliminated in the first round by the eventual Eastern Conference Champions of the respective years, Philadelphia 76ers and the New Jersey Nets. In what would be his last year with the Pacers, Thomas guided the Pacers to a 48-34 record in the regular season and coached the East squad at the 2003 NBA All-Star game. The Pacers were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs as the third seed to the Celtics (#6 seed). With blossoming talents such as Brad Miller, Ron Artest, Al Harrington, Jamaal Tinsley, along with the veteran leadership of Reggie Miller, the general perception existed that the Pacers' unfulfilled potential stemmed from Isiah Thomas's inexperience as a coach

Isiah's strenght is his assesment of young talent and scouting. He is a horrible business manager and GM! I bet you that he is fired next year, barring anything less than the conference championship!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
datruth said:
and hey might u not think that this is for larry to push isiah to trade marbury next year and make room for the great francis who cant come off the bench????think about larry fanatic

I hope that Isiah has a game plan! Having both of these guys on the team in insane so I hope that he plans to move at least 1 of these guys!!!

paris401

Starter
hometheaterguy said:
datruth said:
and hey might u not think that this is for larry to push isiah to trade marbury next year and make room for the great francis who cant come off the bench????think about larry fanatic

I hope that Isiah has a game plan! Having both of these guys on the team in insane so I hope that he plans to move at least 1 of these guys!!!

i hope he has a plan too... but who in their right mind is going to take starbury and his 60m contract or 'the franchise' with 50+ m still owed him. i fear we are 'stuck with both of em for at least 2-3 more years...ouch...