Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Major Changes this Summer!!!

  1. #1
    Member NYKnicks20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Major Changes this Summer!!!

    This summer we all should expect some major changes. What do you guys think will happen?? (who's going to get traded? is thomas gonna get the boot?)

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NY/NJ Metro
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Though I am not happy with the situation, I think that Larry leaves before Isiah does. Was last week's trip to the hospital and heart concerns (though it was only indegestion) a sign of things to come? Larry going to another team would cause a huge backlash from fans, reporters, players and the like but Larry retiring because of a heart condition following the advice of a doctor... well that would be his ticket, his saving grace. Food for thought.

    Random Observations...

    I keep seeing people proposing trades to grt KG and I think that we could very well get him but not without giving up Francis or Marbury.

    I keep seeing people post championship caliber team formulas with Eddy Curry's name all over them. If you think Curry will ever be part of a winning team (a starter and real contributor) then you have been eating retart sandwiches again!!! You people that keep buying into the Curry/Shaq comparison need to put the crack pipe down. Shaq came into the league a dominant defender... a dominant rebounder... a guy with confidence and swagger. Those things will never develop in Curry... he will always be a great low post scorer but the bone-headed fouls, the lack of hustle, lack of confidence and missing-in-action defense are here to stay folks... that is the real Eddy Curry. Chicago knew it... most people that know basketball know it... it is time for you to know it too.

    I keep seeing people throw Q in every deal out there but I am amazed because he is one of the few guys that you can say leaves everything on the court each night. His defense is there, his offense is coming around, he plays with passion and hustle... we need more of that, not less of it.

    I believe Larry can save the Knicks but only with Larry-type players... and we do not have those right now so for that to happen, the players must change. We CANNOT win with Larry and the players we have right now.

    I also believe that we are not going to win a championship with the players we have now but that we would be doing a lot better with THESE players if we had a different coach that adapted his philosophy to the strengths and weaknesses of our team rather than trying to make a circle fit into a square.

    I believe that Isiah gets things done... good or bad, he does not sit idly by watching problems. Can we win with him???? I think so but maybe not with Larry as the coach because they just don't seem to be on the same page (hopefully that will change this summer with a few trades or one of them leaving).

    I cannot stand James Dolan... he's a moron with a low basketball IQ and that hurts us because he goes along with whatever anyone tells him... he should set the tempo and let it all roll down from there... through the GM, the coach, the players and the Garden (fans).

    I think all of you guys playing with the ESPN trade thingy are taking yourself and your trades too seriously. That is as much a reality as my owning my fantasy team. Too many of you are trying to bring in your favorite players, not players that will help what he have in place alredy.

    I love the Knick Chicks (Knick City Dancers)!!! No need to trade any of them and our pride can start there!!!

    Well, those are my thoughts... over and out.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Here's what I hope to see happen: They trade the entire team for KG minus Frye, Lee and Curry...

  4. #4
    Member Knicks-player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    France
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by vinod1227
    Here's what I hope to see happen: They trade the entire team for KG minus Frye, Lee and Curry...
    Why you want to see KG point guard ???!!

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    we need to find some one who wants jerome james

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    If I had to bet i would say the knicks sign mike james with the MLE. Also there will be random rumors of KG all summer but i doubt it will happen. Kevin McHale would have to be on some serious **** if he traded KG for any of our players. Anyway i hope something happens and we get some people that can play ball.

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NY/NJ Metro
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Well, I saw Kevin McHale say that he would not even consider trading KG before the summer. That was back before the dead-line when everyone started saying that we were going to get KG before the DL passed. Whether we get him or not, I dunno... but I do think that MIN is going to seriously consider it. I knew that the dead-line rumours were being

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I will say that Mike James is no joke, but he is the last person we need, unless something were to happen to francis or marbury, if they have marbury, james, and francis, i might just cry. Somethign tells me that seeing the year mike james i having (a great one) that he is not gunna settle for a mid level exception or whatever is called.

  9. #9
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Here's my 2 cents on the state of the knicks and what they will do over the summer.
    1) KG- This will be a very heated topic but I don't think the wolves will trade him during the summer. I think they will go into the season seeing if there is anything different and if not, you may see KG move by the trade deadline. If that is so, and Frye is progressing along and shows signs of becoming the player everyone thinks he'll be, the Knicks have a good chance to land KG. But, I ask you this... If Frye starts to flourish and really show star potential, do you want to trade him? Even for KG? KG will have 10-11 NBA years on his body and that is a lot of wear and tare!
    2) Steph will be gone! Weather he is cut (yes I said cut and it has been whispered) or traded, but he will not be on this roster come the start of the next NBA season. I really feel this is why Isiah and Brown wanted Frances. If he is traded, then who is he traded for? I think Odem might be revisited. LA is looking for a PG and I think Kobe can ego check Marbury better than anyone in the league. I also think that Steph can handle the triangle offense and run it effectively.
    3) Al Harrington- Isiah will pursue Al and try to get Atlanta to do a sign and trade. I don’t think it will happen. Usually in a sign and trade, the team that is doing the trade will want a specific player as compensation for a taking on a year salary as well as the expiring contract that matches the salary. They will also use the transaction to force the other team to take another bad contract as well. I do not think the Hawks and Knicks are a match here, so I do not think it will get done.
    4) Mike James- I think this is the strongest possibility (unless another team over pays for James). My question is this, is his game what the Knicks need out of a 1? His game is similar to Frances and Steph but at a fraction of the cost. So, is this the 1 they need to be the QB of this squad? I guess we will see because I believe he will be a Knick next year.
    5) Etan Thomas and Antonio Daniels- I heard whispers that Washington is interested in moving these 2 contracts (both have 4 years left at big money) and Washington is eyeing Taylor’s expiring contract and maybe David Lee or a future draft pick(s). I guess Washington feels that they could get from Lee what they get from Thomas at a FRACTION of the cost. My opinion on this is, Thomas would be good off the bench, his energy and D (while not worth the money) makes him a Brown type of guy. He can rebound decent and block a shot as well. No offense and horrible from the foul line! But he is a defensive minded player so I think he would be a good fit. Daniels again is a similar player to what we have already. He is a 2 trapped in a 1’s body. But, he is not the worst player to have on the team but at the money he will be in the long list of over paid bench players that have identity crises. I hear he is a real nice guy though so his personality might be good for this team!!???!!

    Bottom line- The Knicks are really limited in what they can do in the off season. Any team that would trade a proven player will want Frye in the package and the Knicks only have the mid to make a out right signing. So they will probably trade for another over paid role player. Not to say that they can't get production but they really need to address the cap issue vs. the talent they have. The guys that need to be traded; JJ, Crawford, Malik Rose, QR are untradable so they will still be here. This is the state of the Knicks and will be for the next 4-5 years. One last thought, I see QR defended alot but remember this he is on the down side of his career and he has some injuries that are not only reoccuring but really inhibit his game. He is an ijured player that will progressivly get worse as his anual dollar amount goes up!!

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    hometheaterguy i think u make a lot of valid points. While i dont think the Knicks will get KG getting rid of stephon marbury does sound realistic. I think he will be phased out as the season goes on and francis will start to replace him.

    If Kobe and steph were on the same team that would be the biggest two egos ever. One will end up killing the other fighting for the ball.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    kobe bryant is the biggest loser. he was such an a$$hole at the slam dunk contest. he made stupid faces whenever nate tried a dunk, and he was mockin nate when he kept missing hard dunks at 5'5....he's so fing ugly and he sucks and he's so ****y and i wanna beat his a$$ if i could...sorry its so off topic

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,650
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    Here's my 2 cents on the state of the knicks r.

    This is the state of the Knicks and will be for the next 4-5 years. !!
    AGREE... u never say never... but i doubt anyone will take starbury or francis with their contracts... releasing starbury.. interesting, having dolan eat 76m... i wonder what that does to the knicks cap if they release him , i don't think they get any relief... do they??

  13. #13
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    the knicks wont be this bad the next couple of years, i say larry brown is the problem...u cant make a player(marbury) play a different style of play, marbury didnt get in da NBA for his passing skills, it was his scoring ability and the funny thing about marbury passing way more than b4, he is averagin less assists....he averages 20 points and 8 assists for his career, this year about 17 and 6.5 assists....let the kid shoot the ball

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    the knicks wont be this bad the next couple of years, i say larry brown is the problem...u cant make a player(marbury) play a different style of play, marbury didnt get in da NBA for his passing skills, it was his scoring ability and the funny thing about marbury passing way more than b4, he is averagin less assists....he averages 20 points and 8 assists for his career, this year about 17 and 6.5 assists....let the kid shoot the ball
    datruth, i have to disagree. i don’t see the knicks getting better in the next couple of years with the same team, at least not by much. the knicks are badly formed. everybody in the team is overrated especially as their salary goes up, the more overrated they become. i don’t see anybody on the team worth keeping except for maybe david lee. i know everyone is going to bite my head off and say what about channing frye. personally, i don’t think he’s going to be good. one reason is he’s too flat-footed and in my opinion, moves very funny. charlie villaneuva seems to have a better chance to be a star than frye. plus, the knicks keep saying that they want “basketball players” on the team but i feel they’re getting ball players who are only good playing at rucker park. i like david lee because he’s more athletic than frye, he seems like a hardworker, and i see glimpses of talent in him. he should be at least a very good role player like a better version of udonis haslem.

    as for marbury and his 20 and 8 careers stats, it is highly overrated. the reason why his stats has gone down under larry brown is because brown is making him play a team game. when he played his 20-8 style, he ball-hogged and didn’t make his team better like when he was in new jersey and phoenix. people could argue all they want that he never had the talent but look at what steve nash is doing with the suns, chris paul with the hornets and even anthony johnson with the pacers. you cannot argue that the current suns without amare, and pacers without jermaine is any more talented than the knicks and they’re playing over .500 ball.

    in the end, i strongly believe that all the blame ties down to jim dolan. he is the man hiring the bad gm’s such as isiah and layden. he’s the one approving the bad trades and personnel decisions made by his gm. lets not forget that it was him who pushed to give allan houston his bloated contract just because of their close relationship. moreover, larry brown should not be our coach. don’t get me wrong, i think he’s a good coach for the right team but he’s so inflexible. i’m not saying the knicks would have made the playoffs without him but they would definitely have a couple more wins. someone i would like to see coaching the knicks is the pacers coach, rick carlise, but i’m pretty sure that’s not going to happen anytime soon.

  15. #15
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by "KnicksFan112"[/quote

    datruth, i have to disagree. i don’t see the knicks getting better in the next couple of years with the same team, at least not by much. the knicks are badly formed. everybody in the team is overrated especially as their salary goes up, the more overrated they become. i don’t see anybody on the team worth keeping except for maybe david lee. i know everyone is going to bite my head off and say what about channing frye. personally, i don’t think he’s going to be good. one reason is he’s too flat-footed and in my opinion, moves very funny. charlie villaneuva seems to have a better chance to be a star than frye. plus, the knicks keep saying that they want “basketball players” on the team but i feel they’re getting ball players who are only good playing at rucker park. i like david lee because he’s more athletic than frye, he seems like a hardworker, and i see glimpses of talent in him. he should be at least a very good role player like a better version of udonis haslem.

    as for marbury and his 20 and 8 careers stats, it is highly overrated. the reason why his stats has gone down under larry brown is because brown is making him play a team game. when he played his 20-8 style, he ball-hogged and didn’t make his team better like when he was in new jersey and phoenix. people could argue all they want that he never had the talent but look at what steve nash is doing with the suns, chris paul with the hornets and even anthony johnson with the pacers. you cannot argue that the current suns without amare, and pacers without jermaine is any more talented than the knicks and they’re playing over .500 ball.

    in the end, i strongly believe that all the blame ties down to jim dolan. he is the man hiring the bad gm’s such as isiah and layden. he’s the one approving the bad trades and personnel decisions made by his gm. lets not forget that it was him who pushed to give allan houston his bloated contract just because of their close relationship. moreover, larry brown should not be our coach. don’t get me wrong, i think he’s a good coach for the right team but he’s so inflexible. i’m not saying the knicks would have made the playoffs without him but they would definitely have a couple more wins. someone i would like to see coaching the knicks is the pacers coach, rick carlise, but i’m pretty sure that’s not going to happen anytime soon.
    nah man, u give mabury the ball he could make the game so much easier for Q,jalen,frye and other jumpshooters..when larrry has marbury up top passing the ball around, wat good does that make..marbury is a penetrator and after gettin successful attempts he will get doubled team and that would leave the jumpshooters wide open and even curry open under the court..thats why he averaged over 8 assitss and look he averaged 7.6 assists a game in the nets and who he had,van horn??a player he didnt like...i never understood when people call marbury a ball hog, to me he over passes..and if he is a ball hog, he is good at it cuz if u shoot over 45% from da field and u r a "ballhog" u must be great

Similar Threads

  1. Summer Workouts
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Jun 01, 2006, 16:22
  2. Summer League - Knicks vs. Bulls
    By portega1968 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jul 13, 2005, 20:35
  3. rasheed comming in the summer
    By NYK Man8 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 03, 2004, 10:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •