img36792of.jpg

img36833eg.jpg

img36867bs.jpg

img36891yq.jpg

rady

Administrator
Staff member
nice pics, must have been real something to be there

hopefully, one of our teams (let that team be Steaua) will play the uefa cup final :D

yeah, and Sporting was playing at home, an one-nil up at halftime. all changed in the 2nd half:(

good luck for Steaua u have Carlos, a portuguese goallie:)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, we have him, don't we :)
i think he's dieing a great job, he's a hell of a goalkeeper
I can only think of the first half of the Betis - Steaua game where he had those marvellous saves

rady

Administrator
Staff member
2309_33.jpg

2307_11.jpg

Steaua just beat Middlesbrough 1-0 at Bucharest about an hour ago :D . It was such a great game, we were about 10 friends in front of the TV. I can barely talk right now, my throat hurts from all that yelling. The score didn't ilustrate what happened on the pitch, my team should have gotten a better result, but a victory is a victory. I just hope next week they'll pull a draw in England and play the UEFA Cup final. It's been 20 years since Steaua won the European Champions Cup (one of the most memorable finals when Duckadam defended 4 straight penalties), it's time to win another European trophee again. They always were lucky against teams from England in the past 10 years!!

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Rady, this is very strange.. my dad's from MIddlesbrough and im a huge boro fan.. dont get your hopes up too high, the Riverside is a hard place for away teams to come in, just look what happened to Basel, one of the greatest comebacks ever for boro... well its going to be a good second leg... cmon boro

rady

Administrator
Staff member
hehe, this is going to be interesting :)
Basel already had 2-0 at home, and they treated too easy the second leg, that is why they got 4 goals after leading 1-0. Lack of concentration. I've seen the highlights of that game (i personally wouldn't have tought that boro would comeback) and the goals came because of the poor defence.

On the other hand, at 1-0 (first leg of the semifinal - btw, the goal was on today's cnn play of the day :p) both teams will treat the game with maximum seriousity, and i doubt any of he teams will try anything spectacular, at least in the firts half. This will only be in Steaua's advantage, and if none of the teams will score, Boro will have to force the goal leaving empty spaces that could be a real problem for Middlesbrough because steaua is a very good team on counter-attack.

However, we have 2 important players suspended because of the yellow cards (Nicolita - one of our best players, and Paraschiv) and this changes a lot of things, but it could also be the return of Victoras Iacob, who had missed a few games due to an injury.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to see the game (this has been the best year for romanian soccer in the past 15 years), both teams have equal chancess, but i hope this year we'll have a re-edition of the 1986 ECC final, this time in the European Super Cup between Steaua and Barcelona :D

FORZA STEAUA!

Bruno

Benchwarmer
dam i was there in lisbon too,but didnt take any pics.
sporting played well till the second half and peseiro didnt help much.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats Peach, Boro trully deserved to win..

It doesn't matter what heppened out there, i never had so many emotions during 70 minutes like i had this evening. It doesn't even matter that Steaua had a penalty at 2-4 in the overtime which could have meant the qualification in the final but the ref didn't saw it (some might say that he screwed us again, just like he did 4 years ago when Romania lost the qualiffiation to Euro 2004 because of the same ref).
What matters is that we can't get past this mentality, and what happened to Basel happened to Steaua too. We led 0-2, and nobody thought Middlesbrough could overcome, and still it happened, just because we played like a team with no offence, all the players gathered in the square, and that 4th goal in the last minute.. oh the agony, it must be the worst day of my life in years

Good luck to boro in the final, i'll definitely be rooting for them