Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can KG save our Franchise Without Becoming a Knick?

yes he can

All he has to do is press Mchale to bring back stephon to Minnesota and give back some draft picks.

Veteran

1. i would. toronto and atlanta need all the star power they can get. and one at a cheap price (meaning james or harrington) then id say theyd jump at the opportunity. Both heavily need a point guard. and both Francis and Marbury would do fine in those kind of systems. Marbs went to GA Tech so even tho for one year is pretty popular there.

2. next shaq or duncan? im just saying role player. jackie butler is a consistent role player when given minutes.

3. why did we get Francis? because we were the only one of those teams that wanted him to have a matching expiring contract. simple as that. they wanted cap space for 07 and they got it.

4. well true last year we had 3 and we needed youth on our aging team. we got it with those three picks. this year we have 2 and with the stockpile of guys on our team expect a lot of movement before draft day.

Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    Even Larry doesn't know the type of players he wants....

He wanted Jrose and Francis so Isiah went and got them - now he doesn't even play them...

Larry Brown is a joke!

The old fool needs to accomodate players strengths instead of running the knicks like a dictatorship and conforming them to play his way...

Bring in players Larry wants - please he's a f*****g *******....
    Trust me Isiah could bring in Duncan, Melo, Lebron, AI, Matrix, Boozer, Amare, Odom and Wade and u know what - LB still couldn't make this team into a winner!
    I know he wanted Rose but Larry did not want Frances! He wanted Martin or Ratliff not Frances. The Knicks got Frances because he was the only "star" player they could get with out giving up Frye. For the life of me I can not understand why that is posted time and time again. Just because Isiah said that Brown wanted him in the press conference, the truth is Brown gave his blessing at zero hour when the Knicks options were limited. Keep in mind the Knicks could have got:
    Martin and watson from Denver
    Odem from LA
    Ratliff and Miles or Patterson from Portland
    and they had a chance to get Artest from indiana
    if they included Frye in with the expiring contract.
    So, knowing Brown and the game he preaches.... Really who do you think he wanted, one of the above listed deals or Frances?!?
    Side note: It was reported that Isiah would have dealt with LA but he wanted them to include Bynum but the Lakers refused.

Veteran

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    1. i would. toronto and atlanta need all the star power they can get. and one at a cheap price (meaning james or harrington) then id say theyd jump at the opportunity. Both heavily need a point guard. and both Francis and Marbury would do fine in those kind of systems. Marbs went to GA Tech so even tho for one year is pretty popular there.

2. next shaq or duncan? im just saying role player. jackie butler is a consistent role player when given minutes.

3. why did we get Francis? because we were the only one of those teams that wanted him to have a matching expiring contract. simple as that. they wanted cap space for 07 and they got it.

4. well true last year we had 3 and we needed youth on our aging team. we got it with those three picks. this year we have 2 and with the stockpile of guys on our team expect a lot of movement before draft day.
    1. maybe starbury and/or franchise will do well in those situations... BUT.. if i was the gm... no way am i taking either guy with those bloated contracts.

2. butler and lee both appear tobe serviceable role players.

3. i agree orlando wanted cap space, BUT they gave him away for
    NOTHING.. zero...zilch...nada... and has his stock risen since joining the knicks??

4. as i said .. maybe thomas has a master plan. maybe teams this summer will be lining up to take 50 and 60m contracts for fading stars.. it will be an interesting summer...

let's meet again here in sept to discuss further...