larry brown has to go...

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
ok 1st LB goes to the media and bashes his team over and over again. then he starts in with marbury who could only take so much. marbury defends himself and suddenly hes a bad guy. he asked to be switched to a shooting guard because things weren't going as planned. larry laughs at him and starts mocking him saying how he is nothing like an allen iverson. he wants him to play more like eric snow. if you have half a brain you would know marbury plays or played a lot more like a.i. then eric snow. thats y he gets paid as much as he does. now steph is injured, maybe for the rest of the season and larry comes out and publicly admitts that moving Marbury to shooting guard could be beneficial to both the Knicks and Marbury. then why did u not try it in the first place old man? no thats not the smart thing to do, the smart thing to do is go out there and try 45+ different starting lineups but not trusting your best players judgement in any of the 45+ lineups.

and now with marbury on the bench who can he pick on? nate robinson! he has to be kidding me. there is an article in every paper today about how nate robinson is a showboater and the coach is sick of it. f*ck that i dont know about u but im sick of the coach not doing his job. im sick of him after every game running right to the cameras and pointing the finger at someone. the most overpaid knick is not stephon marbury, its larry brown and i cant believe new york cant see it.

i saw this article and it made me think maybe larry brown is just a whipped old man who's wife is behind the scenes making all the desicions for him. its old but it makes u think wtf is really goin on...

http://knicks.mostvaluablenetwork.com/index.php?p=151

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
and not for nothing but ive been a die-hard marbury fan since his rookie year. i watched almost every game with him on the nets and i can tell one thing. since he played on the olypic team he has completely changed his style of basketball. it seems he would rather stand at the top of the arch and jus pass the ball around the outside instead of playing his normal aggressive style. marbury is tough to stop when he penetrates because he is so strongand quick so the d is forced to double team. that would allow him to kick it out to the open man. that is why he is averaging over 8 assists in his career.

larry couldnt mesh some of the best young players together in the olympics. because he is thick headed. its his way or no way. he cant take certain talents and form them to fit a different "system", like he likes to call it. hes like an old great-grandfather who cant realize that things change in time. and if it wasnt for marbury droppin 31 pts against spain the u.s. wouldnt even have won bronze. it makes u think. what we really need to do to make the knicks winners again...

Allen

Benchwarmer
Not for nothing...but Stehpon Marbury is very talented at scoring. That was never in doubt but, thats the only thing he can do. He doesn't do anything else. He can't or won't defend and he lacks leadership qualities. I've seen time and again Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Tony Parker, Dwayne Wade and Chauncey Billups blow past Marbury. Sorry but, when Marbury is compared to those I've listed he can't measure up to them.
Where are Marbury's triple-doubles, Kidd has put up some great numbers.
Where is Marbury's court vision, Nash can find anyone anywhere on the court for a score...see Shawn Marion.
Where are Marbury's big shot moments, Billups has been money when it comes to hitting big shots in big games.
Dwayne Wade and Tony Parker have outscored Marbury when they have played each other.
Marbury's game so to speak, has not evolved beyond what he was when he came into the NBA. I applaud the effort of Larry Brown to try get more out of Marbury beyond just being a scoring machine.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
his averages b4 this season looked like this...
20.5 ppg & 8.4 apg

his stats this season look like this...
16.3ppg & 6.4apg

like i said ive followed marbury his whole career, how can u say a man like stephon is only a scorer when he averged that many assists???

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
sxmarbury516 said:
his averages b4 this season looked like this...
20.5 ppg & 8.4 apg

his stats this season look like this...
16.3ppg & 6.4apg

like i said ive followed marbury his whole career, how can u say a man like stephon is only a scorer when he averged that many assists???

couldnt say it any better, but the other guys say he dominates the ball which is not the true..in my opinion i thinkn marbury is too unselfish

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro:
I got one question...If you don't like Nate Robinson's showboating and lack of defense, why the hell were you starting him over Steve Francis whom you talked your GM into using our expiring contract on when we could have gotten two tough defensive minded players such as Ruben Patterson and Evans or Theo Ratliff? Where are the Fire Larry chants? Where are the headlines in the Post and the Daily news reading "LARRY IS SABOTAGING THE FRANCHISE"...I think Brown is pulling a Pete Rose, he must be betting against his own team every game, making sure the other squad covers the spread! I would fire his ass right now, then I'd hire him just to fire his ass again!

Allen

Benchwarmer
Oh here we go with another lets bash Larry Brown thread. Seriously, enough with this lets Blame Larry Brown stuff. Larry Brown is one of the Finest coaches in the NBA. As bullheaded as AI was, with Larry Brown he did make it to the NBA finals. Now look at them.
He took Detroit to an NBA championship and another NBA finals and when I look at them play they are still playing defense as if Larry Brown is still standing out there, although they are better offensively.
I think we need to give Larry Brown more than one season to turn things around. Larry Brown has a team tha scores first and defend later. When he wants the team to defend first and score later.
We have better talent on the team but that does not equal better play on the floor. They don't defend, they turn the ball over, and you want these guys to have more offensive freedom? They do not have the firepower nor the court vision nor leadership to play like Phoenix.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Allen said:
Oh here we go with another lets bash Larry Brown thread. Seriously, enough with this lets Blame Larry Brown stuff. Larry Brown is one of the Finest coaches in the NBA. As bullheaded as AI was, with Larry Brown he did make it to the NBA finals. Now look at them.
He took Detroit to an NBA championship and another NBA finals and when I look at them play they are still playing defense as if Larry Brown is still standing out there, although they are better offensively.
I think we need to give Larry Brown more than one season to turn things around. Larry Brown has a team tha scores first and defend later. When he wants the team to defend first and score later.
We have better talent on the team but that does not equal better play on the floor. They don't defend, they turn the ball over, and you want these guys to have more offensive freedom? They do not have the firepower nor the court vision nor leadership to play like Phoenix.

i dont think larry brown was a major piece to the success for the sixers cuz the sixers had the perfect team, they had the six man(aaron mckie),MPVP(AI),defensive player of the year(i believe mutombo or ratliff)...Also wit Detroit, how u going give the success to larry brown, they were already a good team b4 larry brown when they had rich charlile, the pistons were on a losing streak b4 gettin rasheed, sheed was just the final peice that rick need...these players turn the ball over because larry got them playing a style that has be perfect to score

paris401

Starter
my take is that brown is a bit long in the tooth, should have stayed in detroit, and is not the right coach at this time for the knicks...

saying that i would like to also know where are the players on "D" ???

i have never seen so many layups, blown coverages, with no help... last week wally s. , is dribbling for what seems like 30 seconds under the basket with francis guarding him. wally take a jump hook from 5 ft away... no help... what the hell is going on.

i understand that there are teams better then ny... we are not an elite team... fair enough... but nite in , nite out not even competing??

charlotte is competitive, atlanta is, toronto is, against the elite teams... we play boston, and the game is lost before half time... and boston is far from elite...whats going on...

jffga

Rookie
:flippa: Let’s place the blame where it belongs. Isiah Thomas is the genius who assembled this group of losers. He is nothing but a suck up to his friends. Thomas has single handedly put this mess together and it is he alone who deserves the credit, make that BLAME, for the sorry ass state of affairs that the Knicks are in. Let us not forget his bringing his pal Lenny Wilkins into this fiasco as well. Can anyone say "I'm taking care of mine's" here? At least Toronto was smart enough to have eventually kicked his ass out of their country. This team is loaded with a bunch of lazy ass money grabbing Isiah Thomas ass kissing complaining dick heads who are now looking to get uncle money bags to fire the mean old man who keeps trying to make them actually WORK !?! for the big bucks they're getting paid. I saw this coming the day I.T. came to town. Sorry folks. This is not LB's problem. Thomas built this empire and it's HE and his loser friends that deserve to get the boot. And let us please not let the honorable James L. Dolan off the hook here. He's nothing but a sucker who got played in hiring Thomas and it's his pride that continues to allow him to go on making decisions and spend all of his, actually your, money on Thomas' friends... and ... need we forget ... having to defend this absolute remorseless sloth in a SEXUAL HARRASMENT suit in the process. That's just icing on the cake here. Take a big bite and say AAAAAGGGHHHHH.

alonreppinNY23

Benchwarmer
i mean after reading newpapers on how he begs for effort fromt he knicks ... i mean its not really his fault ... i mean yea 40 some4thing lineups is a lot but its not his fault that the p layers are showing him wat they are capable of doing ... so it makes it hard for him to deicide on a lineup ...

i mean he hasnt been good this year ... but i say give him one more chance ... i thkn he has a goodo chance next year if he stays ...

jffga

Rookie
Mo'Rons With More Money Than Brains

Larry Brown cannot truly be the target, and here's why:

Because if in fact Larry Brown is The problem then YET AGAIN, Isiah Thomas AND James L. Dolan MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE for making what amounts to YET another WRONG MOVE in an endless mire of wrong moves. Thomas and Dolan are like dumb and dumber with an endless amount of money to spend.

Ken Shouler of ESPN makes a valid point about LB criticizing players via the media. However, did team Thomas/Dolan not know LB’s style from the outset !? (By the way, what’s up with Ken’s reference to Pat Ewing in his piece with the caption "Almost makes you forget that they shipped him to Seattle" ?? I would have shipped Ewing’s sorry ass out of town years SOONER when the Knicks could have gotten someone who wouldn't choke away championships on a missed chip shots and field goals ; another legacy that should not be allowed do be swept under a rug I might add.

I’ve really had it with the NBA’s accumulation of prima-donna multi million dollar cry baby thugs who do nothing but complain about every damn little thing, who are more concerned with their hair, cars and bling than with actually doing what they’re hired to do ... play the damn game, shut the F up and show some R E S P E C T for the fans who pay your damn salary, and YOUR DAMN COACH.

Ken, please allow me to fix the ending to your piece:

“Even when the Knicks were truly bad, the scent of those years didn't rival the unbearable stench of this one. This season is singular, dubiously singular, in turning losing into disgraceful losing. Hello, Larry.” ....

You forgot to add the following: No thanks to the complete ineptitude of Isiah Thomas and James Dolan who deserve every ounce of BLAME for doing a truly and utterly abominable job of spending an obscene amount of money for this horrific nightmare of a fiasco. Hello, Isiah Thomas ; James L. Dolan ; Madison Square Garden and, the Fans who continue to support this mess. Stop going to the games already and we'll see who gets fired first !

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Two words for you SCOT LAYDEN!!!
Did I spell his name right? Any way, yea this has been the worst display of professional basket ball I've ever seen from the Knicks. So every one is pissed and ranting on about things that ANT going to happen. Isaih ANT going to get fired, and Dolian ANT going to sell the team. Just ANT going to happen. Back to Layden, I've said it many times before, the Houston deal is the seed that planted all of this mess. We've got a number of failure factors as I like to call them, going on here and I dont like any of it.

First LB bashing his star player in the media. Some things a coach should not do! Bashing your good player in the media during a loosing season is one of them.

Then there's Isiah who every one wants fired now. I can understand that but the fact is nearly every Knicks fan creamed them selves when the line up was put together. I know I thought Q was going to do something and Curry was going to do something. But it really didn't happen and now we have guys that have given up. Plane and simple. So who must go? Brown, Isiah or Marbury? Or all of them! Personally I dont care but if you fire Isiah you should also burn Scot Layden's house to the ground. It all comes down to the money. The leagues worst team with the highest salary. The two ARE connectable. 8)

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro: Hey jffa, Allen...you can't place all the blame on one person.. I believe that both Isiah and Larry are equally to blame, they are not on the same page..I don't think this team was assembled well, but you cannot ignore the fact that thius team has won only 19 games. Lenny and Herb had better records with much less talent.. I would personally fire isiah and go after Vanderweghe after the season, but I would also consider letting Brown go for the following reasons>>
1) eventhough everywhere he as been the teams got better record wise; he has always caused problems with the management and rifts with the players. Everyone got better under him, but they all couldn't wait to see him go. The Pistons included.
2) Eventhough i think Marbury is also a problem, he did have a point when questioning brown's offensive play calling. Look at the last Olympics-he coached that team similiarly to how he coaches the Knicks, set offenses not utilizing the obvious talent edge he had over his opponents.
3) Every game I watch i hear Frazier questioning why the Knicks don't play zone or trap their opponents with all their athleticisim, this same sentiment is shared by alot of their opponents according to an article i read in The Post. With a short backcourt and no shotblockers, we constantly get beat off the dribble and torched by outside shooters. This happened all season. The coach made NO adjustments. That's what we pay him all that money for.
4)The 40 something different starting lineups is not only mind boggling it is also downright suspicious... Even extremely bad teams with no talent keep a regular rotation...you had intsances where guys started, were on the bench and then inactive all in the same week with no explanation.
5) if Brown had ANYTHING to do with getting Francis and JRose, then we definitely cannot keep him here unless we have an experienced GM with balls. usually GM's have more of a say with who plays and who doesn't, here, Brown has the control. the result-half the team will not play for him and apparently is staging a mutiny to get him fired.
The decision we have to make is which is more costly-overhauling the roster to suit Brown who will probably be here only two years at most, or fire Brown and Isiah and add to the youth movement...you decide

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You make some good points but I think bringing in Rose was not a bad deal. His contract is expiring and we can bring in more talent next season or during the summer. The inconsistant rotation is definatly Browns bright idea, which in it's self caused confusion in the players. But I dont think you can or should really fire anyone after one really bad year. The players gave up! Move them out and play the ones that are willing to adapt to the system. I say we give Brown two more years. If he can't do anything as far as making this team better then he should resign and make way for Herb.

paris401

Starter
donchris said:
You make some good points but I think bringing in Rose was not a bad deal. His contract is expiring and we can bring in more talent next season or during the summer. The inconsistant rotation is definatly Browns bright idea, which in it's self caused confusion in the players. But I dont think you can or should really fire anyone after one really bad year. The players gave up! Move them out and play the ones that are willing to adapt to the system. I say we give Brown two more years. If he can't do anything as far as making this team better then he should resign and make way for Herb.

'bring in rose was not a bad idea.his contract is expiring and we can bring in more talent' ... did we not ship out davis and his 'expiring' contract for rose (and a #1)...

next year what thomas and or brown will do is ship out rose to...(fill in the blank) and his expiring contract to... and take back another stevie franchise contract...

unless thomas has a master plan... we are *%#*^sdgd ... we would be better to bite the bulet... get rid of

jalen,francis,starbury,taylor,james, brown,thomas.. lets throw in dolan..; start from sratch... can we do any worse then 20wins???

and i bet the team will be more entertaining...