The Long LONG Haul!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
WTF!!!!!!!!

I know this is a rebuilding process but #$@#! At this point any thing can happen. It looks like Marbury will be traded but then again you never know. Brown clamns he wants to keep Steph, Francis has hinted that he wants to be traded, and Nate seems to have lost his damn mind. There were reports of Nate nearly getting in to a scuffle with Jerome James. (Check out Prosports.com for details.) What's unclear is where Thomas and Dolian stand. My opinion and that's all it is, is that Thomas and Dolian want Brown out. He has been a disgrace this season, losing complete control over this team and had no consistant rotation all season long. Not much has changed in the last few months. I mean we sucked then and we suck now but we can see who will be the last men standing.

(1)Crawford really stepped it up for us and it's safe to say he will be here next year.
(2)Curry has not fullffulfilled his potential but insiders seem to think he will be the next diesel one day so I'm betting he will be here. Plus the fact that he's our only Center.
(3)My favorite rookie David Lee. This guy is way underrated because of Frye and a bunch of losers that took his playing time. The kid is solid!
(4) Frye is great but could also bring us some much needed help via trade bait.
(5) Although this may not happen I have been and will remain at the forefront of the keep Marbury movement. Let us not forget that we took a serious dive when he got hurt, losing 10 games straight! That has got to say something. Your thoughts?

vinod1227

Rookie
(2)Curry has not fullffulfilled his potential but insiders seem to think he will be the next diesel one day so I'm betting he will be here. Plus the fact that he's our only Center.

He has a heart condition dude, give him the summer and next season.

portega1968

El Cacique
Ship Steph to Minny for their pick plus waiver trash and draft Ronnie Brewer.

Do a three-way with Atlanta and Boston where we ship Francis and the two 1st-round picks, with Francis to the Hawks, Harrington to the Celtics and Paul Pierce to NY along with Atlanta's lottery pick to land Rudy Gay.

Sign Mike James.

Use Nate and Channing plus Jalen's and Taylor's deals to land a strong PF (Nene or Kenyon Martin).

Potential Lineup:
PG - Mike James
SG - Paul Pierce
SF - Rudy Gay
PF - Kenyon Martin
C - Eddy Curry

Jamal and Brewer can backup both guards, which along with Pierce and James (and Q aalso at SG)should allow us to defend opposing backcourts way better than we've done this year.

Gay, Pierce, Woods, Lee and Q should provide sufficient depth at SF.

If we have Kenyon, Nene or similar caliber player at PF, along with Malik and Lee backing up, plus Curry, Butler and James in the middle, this should be enough to take us deep into the playoffs next year.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
portega1968 said:
Ship Steph to Minny for their pick plus waiver trash and draft Ronnie Brewer.

Do a three-way with Atlanta and Boston where we ship Francis and the two 1st-round picks, with Francis to the Hawks, Harrington to the Celtics and Paul Pierce to NY along with Atlanta's lottery pick to land Rudy Gay.

Sign Mike James.

Use Nate and Channing plus Jalen's and Taylor's deals to land a strong PF (Nene or Kenyon Martin).

Potential Lineup:
PG - Mike James
SG - Paul Pierce
SF - Rudy Gay
PF - Kenyon Martin
C - Eddy Curry

Jamal and Brewer can backup both guards, which along with Pierce and James (and Q aalso at SG)should allow us to defend opposing backcourts way better than we've done this year.

Gay, Pierce, Woods, Lee and Q should provide sufficient depth at SF.

If we have Kenyon, Nene or similar caliber player at PF, along with Malik and Lee backing up, plus Curry, Butler and James in the middle, this should be enough to take us deep into the playoffs next year.

Humm, I dont know may be in a fantasy league! Boston's not giving up Pierce. Not coming off of the great season he's had. Kmart is a possibility but he's way over paid. You didn't mention Al Harrington. He'd make a great SF/PF. I agree on Mike James.

paris401

Starter
Ship Steph to Minny for their pick plus waiver trash ...

what makes u think minny (or anyone) wants to add 60m to their payroll??

even if they do, we have to take back an equally bad contract (s).

as to francis.. see above comments... but he is only due around 50m..

also , orlando gave us the franchise for nothing... they gave him to us for free (more or less). why is he now worth ... fill in the blank...

i think it is almost imposible that either can/will be moved...

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro: I like everything you guys said except for the part about trading Channing Frye, especially for guys coming off of major injury problems. You NEVER trade a young, athletic 6 '11 PF that can shoot from the outside, block shots when given the minutes, has a high basketball IQ and great work ethic. Yes, he struggles on defense, but ALL rookies struggle on D. Frye has shown flashes of All-Star potential, and he is only 22. In fact, if he put on 15 to 20 lbs within the next two years, I'd consider moving him to center and possibly trading Curry. Don't get me wrong, I like Curry, but I question his desire to dominate and utilize all of his god given gifts. In his last game, Frye had 19points, 9 rebounds and 4 blocks in the third quarter b4 he got injured. He also shutdown Chris Bosh for the most part, who did not have a good game until Frye went down. If you trade Frye, we can have the Nene and Camby for Antonio Mcdyess scenario go down all over again. We might be able to get Martin or Nene for somebody like Francis or Crawford anyway, cause denver needs shooting. I promise you guys that this summer, Frye is gonna hit the gym REAL hard, he already packed on muscle b4 this past season, the kid really wants to be a star.