Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DOWN WITH BROWN!

Originally Posted by donchris
    Originally Posted by jffga
    What the Knicks lack are Chemistry and Character. Those are two characteristics that Isiah Thomas lacks as a GM which translates into what we see on the court. You can't bury your head in stats and throw money at the wrong people.
    I know i'm in the minority on the Thomas subject but I have to disagree with you on this one. We're talking about a guy that inherited a hell of a mess. I'm not saying he's squeeky clean, but I am saying that NY was kicking out more money for players before Thomas took the helm. If you look at what he's doing you can see that he is building for the furture. Not a one or two year fix as was stated by every one before the season. The problem in NY is that New Yorkers want wins yesterday. It ant going to happen that way. Every one raves over Frye and Robinson, well, who got them here? A bad coach is just that, a bad coach. It has no connection what so ever on the GM's performance. But that's just my opinion. The GM picks the players. A good coach can coach players even if they are not his type of players. The biggest mistake is trying to turn Marbury in to Steve Nash. Steph is not that type of PG. That's a coaching error not a GM mistake. With less talent Herb did a better job then Brown did, and that same team was formed by Thomas. So why should Thomas be fired?
    i've been tryng to that the last 4 months...the only thing bad i could say about thomas was bringing in larry

Veteran

no doubt that thomas inherited 'a mess' but he ain't helping the situation by being well over the salary cap for ... fill in the blank, cause i don 't know when.

we will see this summer.. was it smart to unload an expiring contract..antonio davis for rose who has an additional year in the mid teens $$$ (plus denver's draft choice), or penny for stevie franchise who is owed $$50m.

maybe thomas knows what he is doing... then again... maybe not.. but lets all re-convene back here in oct to grade next years team...

Don't get me wrong, the Knicks have sucked for way too many years now, with or without Thomas. I think they should have given Pat Riley whatever it was he wanted to stay. Granted, he made his share of coaching mistakes but I believe he would have been a better overall driving force for the team. Thomas has done nothing to bring people in who would create a synergy, chemistry or any other thing'y. If you want, add Larry Brown to the mix as well.

I'm sure it's no surprise but I’m not an Isiah Thomas fan, never was and I'm sure I never will be. Just as I was not a Pat Ewing fan; who was another person who looked great on paper but in the end did nothing to help the team win when it counted.

Thomas did nothing in Toronto other than get the boot, which is what will hopefully happen sooner than later here as well.

Originally Posted by jffga
    Don't get me wrong, the Knicks have sucked for way too many years now, with or without Thomas. I think they should have given Pat Riley whatever it was he wanted to stay. Granted, he made his share of coaching mistakes but I believe he would have been a better overall driving force for the team. Thomas has done nothing to bring people in who would create a synergy, chemistry or any other thing'y. If you want, add Larry Brown to the mix as well.

I'm sure it's no surprise but I’m not an Isiah Thomas fan, never was and I'm sure I never will be. Just as I was not a Pat Ewing fan; who was another person who looked great on paper but in the end did nothing to help the team win when it counted.

Thomas did nothing in Toronto other than get the boot, which is what will hopefully happen sooner than later here as well.
    yeah thomas got the boot in toronto, but he built a playoff team there and he gave hope to a expansion, remember it was isiah, who got vinsanity,damon stoudamire and marcus camby..wat was the result a good team in da east

But who's to blame if not Zeke?

He brought in a coach who had his certain style for his whole coaching career.
    You just can't expect this man to change his style.
    And everybody knew that not many players on this team would fit into Browns system.
    So, if players like Marbury, Robinson, Francis, Rose don't accept that kind of basketball the coach wants them to play, they have to be traded.
    When you're paying 10 Million $/year to a COACH (!!!!!!!!), you've got to do anything to get him the kind of players he demands.

Originally Posted by Pedro De Pacas
    But who's to blame if not Zeke?

He brought in a coach who had his certain style for his whole coaching career.
    You just can't expect this man to change his style.
    And everybody knew that not many players on this team would fit into Browns system.
    So, if players like Marbury, Robinson, Francis, Rose don't accept that kind of basketball the coach wants them to play, they have to be traded.
    When you're paying 10 Million $/year to a COACH (!!!!!!!!), you've got to do anything to get him the kind of players he demands.
    thats wat i sayed b4, the only really bad move isiah did was bringing in larry

Veteran

[quote=datruth][quote="

thats wat i sayed b4, the only really bad move isiah did was bringing in larry[/quote]

i agree that was a bad move... but lets see at the end of the summer if that was his only bad move... let see him move jalen,stevie franchise,starbury,james, the list goes on and on...

thomas better take his vacation now, ain't going tobe any time for holiday's in the summer...

Default i agree

when thomas brought in j.craw, curry, frye, robinson, d.lee, and richardson, i was hearing praises of thomas. As sorry as people thing j.james is, i think he should start at center....he is a force to be reckoned with in the post (if he could stay out of foul trouble)....our consistant lineup to give us wins should be

Starters

PG - Marbury
    SG - Jalen Rose
    SF - Richardson
    PF - Curry
    C - James

Bench

PG - Nate
    SG - Crawford/Francis
    SF - Woods
    PF - Malik Rose/M.Taylor
    C - Frye

I think frye should be our points and energy off the bench, while james beats it up in the post in the first half.....larry had it right in the first half of the season when frye played about 20 minutes in a game, most comming in the second half and he was producing.....tell me what u guys think....i think my starting 5 is our defensive squad who can also produce, and the bench are role players

You're talking about a defensive squad and bring in the names of Curry, James, J.Rose and Marbury?
    Then the starting line-up would be more like:
    Francis
    Q-rich
    Lee
    M.Rose
    H.Williams

James is a good shotblocker, but his D sucks

The line-up for the last 3 games should be

Francis
    Crawford
    Woods
    Rose
    Curry

Of the bench:
    Robinson
    Udoka
    Lee
    Taylor
    Butler

[quote=paris401][quote=datruth]
    Originally Posted by "

thats wat i sayed b4, the only really bad move isiah did was bringing in larry[/quote

i agree that was a bad move... but lets see at the end of the summer if that was his only bad move... let see him move jalen,stevie franchise,starbury,james, the list goes on and on...

thomas better take his vacation now, ain't going tobe any time for holiday's in the summer...

jalen wont be hard to rade, he wold be easy cuz he is a expiring contract and in the jalen trade, the knicks got a 1st round pick which shows that isih did do a good trade on this....steve francis is good talent but he do got a big contract...after that wat list are u talkin about

Veteran

Why should LB be held to a different standard than any other coach in the league. If any other coach lost control of the players, feuded with his players in the press and had the record that Brown has coaching the Knicks, they would have been fired no ifs ands or buts. LB is overrated, Flip in Detroit proved that this year taking the Pistons to a record win season without Brown.

Browns signing is an utter fiasco for the Knicks, what the f**k were Dolan and Zeke thinking by signing a 65 year old to a long term 50M deal.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Browns signing is an utter fiasco for the Knicks, what the f**k were Dolan and Zeke thinking by signing a 65 year old to a long term 50M deal.
    lol ur 100% right. thats dumber then me giving a winning "win for life" scratch off to my 85 year old gramma. y the hell would u do it?

$50mil = 60 losses

Screw you Larry Clown!

And exactly how many players inherited by Isiah Thomas are still on the team ? Thomas has had more than enough time, use of Dolan's money and has made more than enough roster moves to put a team together that don’t resemble a train wreck. Sorry, there’s no excuse for the Knick's sorry ass state of affairs other than Thomas’ complete and absolute ineptitude. Isiah Thomas is a friend hiring suck up slug. After having completely revamped the roster to its existing demise, this team is Thomas’ responsibility and his alone. And are we still blaming Larry Brown for being stupid enough to have jumped on the Isiah Thomas million dollar give away train ?? How f'ing stupid are Knick fans these days anyway??!! Based on all the postings the answer seems to be pretty f’ing stupid. Haven’t you heard the saying a fool and his money are soon parted ??

Save yourself some time and solve the puzzle!