STARBURY WARS!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The battle continues.
New words of war from Stephon Marbury.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/408850p-346054c.html

Just as Larry Brown is pulled off on a stretcher, Marbury vows once again the return of STARBURY next season. No more coach controled Marbury. Here are a few direct quotes from the article.

"Like I said he came here, I'm willing and able, 100% committed to do whatever he wanted me to do," Marbury added. "I did it. It didn't work. So I'm going to play like I know how to play."

Marbury isn't worried about being traded because he doesn't believe it's going to happen. The fact that he will earn $60 million over the next three seasons probably has something to do with his sense of security.

"He doesn't have to worry," Marbury said. "I'm going to do everything that I did before he came here."

Marbury called this year the best of his life and said to "stay tuned" for his farewell address next week, when he will elaborate further. Marbury's exit interview with Thomas, Brown and Garden chairman James Dolan should be a pay-per-view event or at least an "NYK Way" segment on MSG Network.

In recent weeks, Marbury has appeared more upbeat, acting as if he has been informed by management that Brown might not return.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I think he already knows something we don't

From what he is saying - it seems that LB is going to leave.

For him to say that he is going to play like Starbury next year can only mean that the knicks are going to have a coach who wants him to play like that....and who comes to mind as a person who was also a quick, driving in lane, offensive PG - none other than Isiah Thomas....

He probably told dolan he is gonna coach the team since Larry is inept at doing the job.

Starks

Starter
Never has a Knick player destroyed his persona as quickly as Stephin has this season.

-His laughter on the bench when the team is gettinbg blow out

-His "hooked on" stephonics comments that reveal a poorly educated punk

-His bitterness to the meida

-His childish demeanor

-His horrible point guard ability

I, and I'm sure many other New Yorkers, want this million dollar brat gone as soon as possible. There has been a cold war brewing between Thomas, Dolan, Brown, and the players all season. I am not choosing any sides, I just want Steph out of my sight. I want next year's knicks to play against him and his new team and beat them by 45 points!!

This franchise needs to have some sort of "cleansing" and send everyone away.

Trin_Starr

Starter
The term is called sensationalism.
That is what NY papers do. They are a bunch of snakes and will manipulate what u say or don't say for their gain.

that is why he is like that to the media.

Read today's article from the NY post today first.
It makes it seem like Marbury is heartless and ready to say more shit.

Then read the NY daily news article. It puts in all the quotes that nypost left out that showed how the whole interview goes.
Read the last part about clearing all the issues so that they is nothing lingering next season - how much more professional does that sound that what was in the paper yesterday?

The papers will make u out to be anything they want -once it helps them to sell papers....

So use wisdom when u read them - take it as face value and don't believe everything u read.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Starks said:
Never has a Knick player destroyed his persona as quickly as Stephin has this season.

-His laughter on the bench when the team is gettinbg blow out

-His "hooked on" stephonics comments that reveal a poorly educated punk

-His bitterness to the meida

-His childish demeanor

-His horrible point guard ability

I, and I'm sure many other New Yorkers, want this million dollar brat gone as soon as possible. There has been a cold war brewing between Thomas, Dolan, Brown, and the players all season. I am not choosing any sides, I just want Steph out of my sight. I want next year's knicks to play against him and his new team and beat them by 45 points!!

This franchise needs to have some sort of "cleansing" and send everyone away.

no way, i dont wanna see stephon gone, i want larry gone, he cant coach a young team and his resume says it...and by those comments marbury said is something u have to understand cuz he was willing to sacrafice his game for larry browns moves and that didnt result in anything, all marbury asked was to play the SG and then larry says he cant play the 2 like AI, now that he hurt, larry says that marbury would be play the SG if he comeback, is this guy serious, larry is so fegaze!!!

larry and steph are not going to be together next year their is no way, so its much easier for the knicks to get rid of larry that marburs big contract so brown is gone by the summer and steph comes back next year plays like starbury and leads us to a championship next year

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
If Marbury is holding back his comments, it definitly seems that he thinks, that Brown would not come back next year.
But I still hope that it would be Marbury who leaves the town before next season.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Hello, this is my first post. "Starbury" has to go. The man is terrible. He is not even one of the top ten point guards in the league. He doesn't even deserve the title of point guard because he won't distibute the ball or play defend his opponent. He is quick enough to get to the hole, but not athletic enough to finish consistently and is a streak shooter who will shoot you out of every game. Forget his career stats, look how teams improve dramatically after they dump him( ie Wolves, Suns). Hopefully the Knicks will do the same.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
the ny papers live for twistin peoples words so they have sh*t to write about. but it works because it gets people who dont know their basketball to open up their mouth with an opinion (ie jimkcchief88, starks, & pedro)

1st of all the t-wolves never "improved drastically" once steph left so u cant even say that. the suns did but it wasnt just a marbury for nash swap that made them that way. injuries were one thing that plagued the suns while steph was on the squad. then they picked up joe johnson & q-rich. add them with amare and matrix who were getting older and more experianced and u got a great team.

2nd he isnt "bitter with the media". if that was u that larry brown was talking sh*t about after every game then u might see where he's coming from. i dunno about u but my reputation is more important to me than what the media has to say.

3rd for u to say he doesnt distibute the ball is proof u dont follow the game. ever since larry coached him in the olypics he has changed his style of playing. he rather sit around the 3 point line and pass the ball around than be his old self and cut to the hoop drawing double teams. so when he says hes bringing it back to starbury days all it means is he will be breakin down defenders and having double doubles every other game.

and something is deft going on behind the scenes. stephon and larry both know something that none of us do. thats y larry is suddenly sick and seems to have given up on the team. stephon on the other hand seems excited and anxious to get back on the court. my guess is all u "starbury haterz" are gonna be real disappointed with whatever decision dolan and thomas have made. but u will all be on the bandwagon when the knicks are in the playoffs next year.

Starks

Starter
sxmarbury516 said:
the ny papers live for twistin peoples words so they have sh*t to write about. but it works because it gets people who dont know their basketball to open up their mouth with an opinion (ie jimkcchief88, starks, & pedro)

1st of all the t-wolves never "improved drastically" once steph left so u cant even say that. the suns did but it wasnt just a marbury for nash swap that made them that way. injuries were one thing that plagued the suns while steph was on the squad. then they picked up joe johnson & q-rich. add them with amare and matrix who were getting older and more experianced and u got a great team.

2nd he isnt "bitter with the media". if that was u that larry brown was talking sh*t about after every game then u might see where he's coming from. i dunno about u but my reputation is more important to me than what the media has to say.

3rd for u to say he doesnt distibute the ball is proof u dont follow the game. ever since larry coached him in the olypics he has changed his style of playing. he rather sit around the 3 point line and pass the ball around than be his old self and cut to the hoop drawing double teams. so when he says hes bringing it back to starbury days all it means is he will be breakin down defenders and having double doubles every other game.

and something is deft going on behind the scenes. stephon and larry both know something that none of us do. thats y larry is suddenly sick and seems to have given up on the team. stephon on the other hand seems excited and anxious to get back on the court. my guess is all u "starbury haterz" are gonna be real disappointed with whatever decision dolan and thomas have made. but u will all be on the bandwagon when the knicks are in the playoffs next year.

He asshole, I can crap out more basketball IQ than you will ever know in your lifetime. Before you start naming names, do some research.

1A. The Twolves getting rid of Stephon gave the team a new direction. It was "Starbury's" way or KG as the center piece. Stephon is even quoted as saying his frustration w/ the Wolves, aside from the geographical environment, was that he should be getting as much money as KG since the "majority of his looks came from" Steph.
1B. I'm not gona waste time explaining why Nash made the Suns a better team. You can read the hundreds of stories by sports writers, or just read what the players think of Nash. Even Stephen A. Smith knows it.

2. Marbury has never had a good repore with the media. This goes back to his Georgia Tech days buddy, and long b4 Brown. Personally I think the media does instigate him, but b/c its just so easy to get a story out of his callous remarks. Everytime he talks, he ends up lookin like a brat with an 8th grade vocabulary (no matter how the writers arrange his quotes). Only Artest is worse than Stephon. I mean, even Iverson isn't as antagonistic to reporters these days.

3. ummm, you can have "Starbury" if you want. If only coaches and GMs felt the same way = ( His stock has never been lower, and he ran out of chances to prove he can handle running the point. Assists are one thing, but wins are what count....and thats why Kidd, Billups, Nash will always be used as a benchmark for all point guards to gauge their game against.

and lastly, Larry wont be back. Or Stephon won't. But dont be surprised if Thomas is gone b4 all of them. He has been way too quiet ever since the sex suit on him. The Knicks as a franshice are too PR obsessed to deal with all of this season's baggage for much longer. If Dolan didn't like Spree, then im certain he can't think too highly of Stephon.

I dont want anything more to see this team back in the playoffs, regardless if its with Brown or Stephon...but I tell you this, I'll root for whoever is on a knicks uniform while there on the court....but very very very few knick players had me look at them in disdain when they are off the court. I can only think of a few: Charles Smith Shandon Anderson and Stephon Marbury!!!!

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
ok for an asshole who craps out his basketball iq u sure sound like a bullshitter to me. the thing u said about the t-wolves is true but you didnt prove to me that they became a better team. and if they are better off without him then explain why garnett wants marbury being his point man again, even after the drama they had when stephon left. steve nash has turned into a great basketball player, he was mvp last year. it doesnt take a genius to see that.

then u wanna get into the guys vocabulary. c'mon guy you're graspin @ anything and everything to try and knock him. maybe its just me but i dont find anything wrong with it. hes a 29 year old guy from brooklyn, how do u want him to sound? the thing is that he doesn't give a shit, thats who he is. hes not gonna talk like someone he isn't just to impress fans. and what kind of spoiled brat would sit in front of a country and cry his eyes out after seeing what happened from hurricane katrina. then donating more than any other player in the league. stop judging him because he portrays an urban image. he's here to play basketball not anything else.

and if anything i think dolan was getting tired of larry brown down-talking practically every player on the team. remember when he said marbury cant play the 2 because they dont have any "real ball-handlers" on the team. what about jamal crawford. his handles are nice. it seems it took our coach 3/4 of the season to discover jamal crawford has skills. u kno why? because if he cant picture a player fitting in to his "system" he will leave u on the bench to watch your basketball career rot away.

or how bout the time crawford hit the game-winning shot against detroit, the papers start sayin all this shit about how marbury is too scared to take the last shot. thats because larry told them that. and i dont even think larry meant it in a bad way, but thats the ny media for u.

when the knicks were on their 6 game winning streak larry trys taking credit saying that marbury is finally playing the way he wants him to. he wasnt playing "larrys way", he was playing the way he did b4 the '04 olympics. thats the way he has to play if the knicks wanna win.

the bottom line is this season isnt one persons fault. its all 12 players combined with one of the worst coaching displays ive ever seen. the team had no heart. between the turnovers and the lazy defense theres no way you can win games. this next season the team has to come in wanting to win, wanting to give 110% every time they step on the floor. they need to find some chemistry with the talent they have. and then we can all be glad to be knicks fans once again.

Trin_Starr

Starter
J-Kidd???
How can you be a knick fan and want that faggot to run your team???

I hate that bastard with a passion - he might be skilled, but the way he has continually dissed the knicks - how can you want him to run this team?

That's like selling your soul to the devil....

Allen

Benchwarmer
Be that as it may...J-Kidd is still one hell of a pg. He is heads and shoulders above Marbury in every way it counts.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I dont really see Kid making his team better. Not any more. He's only as good as the player he passes the ball to. Now if you were talking about Nash or Baron Davis, then that's another story. Bottom line, I think we'll get Claxton, Reggie Evans and Al Harrington. I hear Philly will be looking to trade AI or Webber.