who should the knicks pick up?

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
now its officially the offseason for the knicks. what are some trades the knicks should be looking to make? who are some players that u think we can possibly get that can help us back to the playoffs???

:rolling:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i always said the knicks should have drafted chris wilcox, look at him now...i believe this is his contract yeear...the knicks dont need another big player who dominates the ball..chris in my opinion would be perfect to this team..would also add more athletisicm

ny3nyk

Rotation player
some ppl i think we should at least try to make a run at (in order, number 1 being our number 1 priority)

1. garnett
2. harrington
3. pryzbilla
4. claxton
5. jeffries
6. snow

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i understand c-webb might have some knee problems but he did average 20.2 ppg and 9.9 rpg this season. i deft think we need a big man who can grab some rebounds for us, considering our leading rebounder averaged 6 boards a game. and we need a big man who can give us some points consistently. i wouldnt mind if we picked him up.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
I LIKED Webber in his glory days, but those days have long since been over. I think he has the worst contract of any player in the league. He has 2 yrs remaining and he earns more than any other player at his position. His numbers are bloated only b/c if the ball wasn't in AI's hands it was in his.

I like the idea that we should go after a big man that can grab some boards, but i dont think Webber is the solution.

This is just a suggestion but I'd consider a trade for Danny Fortson. I'm not too fond of Fortson b/c of his demeanor on and off the court, but he is exactly the type of player we need. A hard-nosed, max effort on every play type of guy. He grab's rebounds, boxes out and tries to intimidate opposing players with his physical play. Offensively he's horrible, but with all the scorers we have that won't be his role. He's the perfect complement to Eddy Curry. Plus he doesn't threaten the development of Channing Frye. Best part about him is that he only has 1 yr remaining on his contract. If it doesn't work out he could be used as either trade bait since his salary comes off the books at the end of the season or we can just let him come off of ours.

Dollar-wise, Crawford and Fortson's contract match-up. Crawford would be ideal for the Sonics. He's a Seattle native and can fill the role of back-up to Ray Allen or be on the floor at the same time as him.

Crawford came on strong at the end of the season when Marbury & Francis were out. He does have talent but he's a work in progress. He still can be extrememly erratic at times. He doesn't quite earn the same as our other max money players but it's still fairly significant, plus he's signed for another 5yrs.

It's been recently publicized that Fortson wants out. The only reason Seattle would accomodate him is b/c he's a headache. If Seattle does bite I would try to get Ridnour in the process...even if it meant dealing Nate as well. Ridnour is also signed for just 1 more year, and would be that proto-typical type of PG that LB wants.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
hoop115 said:
I LIKED Webber in his glory days, but those days have long since been over. I think he has the worst contract of any player in the league. He has 2 yrs remaining and he earns more than any other player at his position. His numbers are bloated only b/c if the ball wasn't in AI's hands it was in his.

I like the idea that we should go after a big man that can grab some boards, but i dont think Webber is the solution.

This is just a suggestion but I'd consider a trade for Danny Fortson. I'm not too fond of Fortson b/c of his demeanor on and off the court, but he is exactly the type of player we need. A hard-nosed, max effort on every play type of guy. He grab's rebounds, boxes out and tries to intimidate opposing players with his physical play. Offensively he's horrible, but with all the scorers we have that won't be his role. He's the perfect complement to Eddy Curry. Plus he doesn't threaten the development of Channing Frye. Best part about him is that he only has 1 yr remaining on his contract. If it doesn't work out he could be used as either trade bait since his salary comes off the books at the end of the season or we can just let him come off of ours.

Dollar-wise, Crawford and Fortson's contract match-up. Crawford would be ideal for the Sonics. He's a Seattle native and can fill the role of back-up to Ray Allen or be on the floor at the same time as him.

Crawford came on strong at the end of the season when Marbury & Francis were out. He does have talent but he's a work in progress. He still can be extrememly erratic at times. He doesn't quite earn the same as our other max money players but it's still fairly significant, plus he's signed for another 5yrs.

It's been recently publicized that Fortson wants out. The only reason Seattle would accomodate him is b/c he's a headache. If Seattle does bite I would try to get Ridnour in the process...even if it meant dealing Nate as well. Ridnour is also signed for just 1 more year, and would be that proto-typical type of PG that LB wants.

i wouldnt like to see crawford gone cuz him and eddy curry got a nice bond and good chemistry when they on the court and crawford is the knicks best one on one player

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i deft see where you're coming from with the danny fortson trade. he could be a good way to make our team more intimidating down low. but then again it seems his #'s and minutes have been droppin dramatically for the past 3 years or so. im not sure if there is a reason for it or not. i persoanlly wouldn't trade jamal crawford for him tho. jamal is going to continue to improve as he gets older and would be missed once he peaks.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
paris401 said:
i say leave the team alone/intact... let larry work his magic...

:aplause: :aplause: :aplause: :aplause: :aplause:

finally, someone else who sees like me... we absoutely do not need any more big name personalities or characters that are going to make it harder for the knicks to mesh.. the end of this season and this summer is time to get the team we have now, which is a good, young for the most part, and talented team to get on the same page and playing good basketball

if it is necessary, make 1 to 2 changes, but nothing drastic that will take any of our young players away... we HAVE to keep (in no order)
-curry, frye, robinson, lee, crawford, butler, woods

paris401

Starter
c. webber would be a perfect fit... on the downside of his career, with a large bloated contract...

we gotta get him...

tiger0330

Legend
paris401 said:
c. webber would be a perfect fit... on the downside of his career, with a large bloated contract...

we gotta get him...
:) Zeke should jump on this trade. Getting C-Webb would be just what we need to become the first team in NBA history to have a $200M payroll.

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro: There's no way the bulls will give up Hinrich...Chris Webber is not worth the risk, especially with our luck as far as expensive big men...and we cannot leave the team intact...This past season Brown made it clear that he was not committed to coaching the roster to the best of his ability...He want's the team rebuilt in a way he is comfortable coaching...so that means alot of guys are gonna go unless Isiah and or Brown is fired...We need to add a perimeter defender and a shotblocker/rebounder.....I'd go after Gerald Wallace - good defender, great athlete, gets steals and even blocks shots.....2nd choice would be Al Harrington and if Brown stays here we'd probably have to get Theo Ratliff and reggie Evans.

datruth said:
hoop115 said:

i wouldnt like to see crawford gone cuz him and eddy curry got a nice bond and good chemistry when they on the court and crawford is the knicks best one on one player

hell yeah, danny fortson is exactly what we need, but i don't think giving up jamal crawford is gonna happen. Larry brown said JC had a good attitude (something hard to find on this team, at least in larry's eyes) so i'll bet you he'll be wearing orange and blue next year.

I think toronto's Mike James is where we need to focus. He's a very underrated point guard who can score when asked too, but doesn't need to. He's also a good distributor and he plays defense. sounds like LB's dream. we don't need any more "stars" we just need some solid role players.