who should the knicks pick up?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Francis isn't going anywhere unless it's a trade that can help us...trading for eric snow and gooden isn't going to help us and I'll tell you why...you're adding another PF to the payroll that already has 16 guaranteed contracts and eric snow is slower but stronger than most guards...if we're going to run an up-temp type of game then you don't want him leading our offense.

Finesse

Benchwarmer
I like DeShawn Stevenson, but I also like Quentin Richardson. I think he made big strides near the end of the year. His shot, I believe, will come around in the offense that Isiah will run. He is too good a shooter to slump 2 years in a row. And he showed the desire to play some defense. I’d hate to give up on him just yet. Besides, we basically would have to revamp the entire roster in order to become a great defensive team. A change in style and a couple of stops will go a long way, especially in the East.
Although Drew Gooden is probably better at the 4 than what we have now, I’m not all hot to take Eric Snow for the reasons ‘The 1 and Only’ has stated. I like Reggie Evans at the Mid Level Exception, without giving up anyone.
Hometheaterguy, the point you make concerning rookies seldom making it big is definitely valid, but, to me, it’s just a number thing. There’s only ‘x’ amount of roster space available in the league, so it’s inevitable. The rise of talented basketball players has spawned many leagues to accommodate the overflow of talent.
As far as Channing Frye, and I know I’m going to take heat for this one, I see Dirk Nowitski in a few years. He can run and shoot. He will rebound once his body bulks up to NBA speed. Now, he doesn’t have re-Dirk-ulous range (who does?), but from 18 in, he’s automatic, and he’s big enough to get his shot off whenever he wants. Barring him rising to that level, he’ll definitely be a star in this league, which is why he has been mentioned in every potential Knick trade. That’s one man’s opinion.
By the trade deadline, Stevie Franchise will be a sought after commodity, which is why I believe teams are trying to get him cheap now.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
It looks like Wilcox and Seattle may not be able to get anything done. Apparently Wilcox is looking for a deal similar to Nene's at 6yrs for $60MM. It's possible that he can be obtained through a sign and trade. A package of QRich + cash/or one of our rookies should work. Only next year's salaries have to match up. Unfortunately I think they'd probably go after Crawford, if they even do consider us.

Wilcox can play both the PF and C positions. I think he would be a great complimentary player to Curry and Frye.

portega1968

El Cacique
Frye says he bulked up to 260 pounds from 243... should help him posting up but he has a long way to go before being a defensive factor on the court.

Like I've said in other posts, getting Wilcox would help us tremendously. He would fit in nicely with both Curry and Frye. I'm hoping Isiah can entice the Sonics to trade for Wilcox and get Rashard Lewis in the process. It seems the Sonics would not want Crawford in the deal, but I'd gladly give up Nate, Francis, Taylor, the Roses or Q to get these two guys who bring a lot to the court.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
excellent point...I'd love to get wilcox too but not for francis since we can possibly trade him for more by the deadline. He fits perfectly with our future run and gun style and his rebounding technique is ferocious

Finesse

Benchwarmer
Leave our Rookies alone!!

I’m curious as to why everybody is so hot to get rid of what I think is an excellent crop of rookies! Now I am not so naïve as to think we could get a quality big man without giving up one or maybe even two of these rookies, but that big man had better be the bomb! We all saw the potential of Frye, Lee and Robinson. If we could keep these guys together, we could have the beginning of a solid core that would last for a decade! I recognize what a motivated Stevie Franchise could bring to the Knicks, but I’d rather give him up than the rookies. I think the rest of the league recognizes what Francis could bring to their teams, and would be willing to give up somebody special to get him, but only at the deadline, once he’s flashed that brilliance he’s capable of.
We’ve got to build our core. Think of the Yankees with Jeter, Posada, Rivera, Pettite, Williams, etc., and what they’ve accomplished. We could rock The Garden for years to come!

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
if lewis doesnt go 2 phoenix for marion then i would try to get him and wilcox for francis and q-rich. that would give them a nice 1-3 with francis, allen, and q. having allen and q on the arc would open the lane up for francis. and @ the same time it would give us a a nice starting 5...
marbury
crawford
lewis
wilcox
curry

we would have collins come in the game to shut down our opposing bigger guards. we would have nate as a relief for our starters but he would still be able to keep the fast pace style isiah will be playing. balkman would be there gettin solid minutes playing d on the opposing sf. channing and david both will be gettin there fair share of minutes running the floor. now who do u keep? jackie butler or qyntel woods. i might have to go with woods since he is much better suited to run n gun. the only problem with that is it would give us our 4th sf along with lewis, balkman, and jalen. then maybe use jalen's contract as bait for something bigger @ the pf or c position. mo taylor and malik rose: ship 'em on out along with jalen. isiah has talent to work with and players that would fit in well on other teams. he should be able to pull off some nice moves this offseason. i think with that line-up and supporting cast. we not only would have one of the most dangerous 'run n gun' teams we would also cut off a lot of $$$ from the cap.