who should the knicks pick up?

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
baron davis? the last thought for us right now should be a point guard. we already have 4 of 'em (marbury, francis, crawford, & robinson)if we bring in baron we could have a starting 5 of all point guards. this summer isiah has to think 'BIG'

os2wiz

Rookie
datruth said:
i always said the knicks should have drafted chris wilcox, look at him now...i believe this is his contract yeear...the knicks dont need another big player who dominates the ball..chris in my opinion would be perfect to this team..would also add more athletisicm

How would this make sense when we have Channing Frye? Do you think Wilcox should be used as a role player from the bench???
What we need now, above all else, is to get a premier quality true point guard, so that Marbury can be traded. I would take a first round pick from the Wolves and their expiring contract garbage to make the trade work. If we can't trade for a young veteran, we use our draft picks. We should also dump
Steve Francis. He has no place on this roster. He is a poorer version of Marbury. He does not defend, is not capable of drawing a double team, and
is a miserable passer. get another !st round pick for him or a true point guard a defensive-minded role players.

os2wiz

Rookie
sxmarbury516 said:
i understand c-webb might have some knee problems but he did average 20.2 ppg and 9.9 rpg this season. i deft think we need a big man who can grab some rebounds for us, considering our leading rebounder averaged 6 boards a game. and we need a big man who can give us some points consistently. i wouldnt mind if we picked him up.
$20 million ayear for an over-the hill player who no longer can jump or defend??? Start using your noodle before you speak. Otherwise you better have a rag to wipe the egg off your face.

os2wiz

Rookie
hoop115 said:
I LIKED Webber in his glory days, but those days have long since been over. I think he has the worst contract of any player in the league. He has 2 yrs remaining and he earns more than any other player at his position. His numbers are bloated only b/c if the ball wasn't in AI's hands it was in his.

I like the idea that we should go after a big man that can grab some boards, but i dont think Webber is the solution.

This is just a suggestion but I'd consider a trade for Danny Fortson. I'm not too fond of Fortson b/c of his demeanor on and off the court, but he is exactly the type of player we need. A hard-nosed, max effort on every play type of guy. He grab's rebounds, boxes out and tries to intimidate opposing players with his physical play. Offensively he's horrible, but with all the scorers we have that won't be his role. He's the perfect complement to Eddy Curry. Plus he doesn't threaten the development of Channing Frye. Best part about him is that he only has 1 yr remaining on his contract. If it doesn't work out he could be used as either trade bait since his salary comes off the books at the end of the season or we can just let him come off of ours.

Dollar-wise, Crawford and Fortson's contract match-up. Crawford would be ideal for the Sonics. He's a Seattle native and can fill the role of back-up to Ray Allen or be on the floor at the same time as him.

Crawford came on strong at the end of the season when Marbury & Francis were out. He does have talent but he's a work in progress. He still can be extrememly erratic at times. He doesn't quite earn the same as our other max money players but it's still fairly significant, plus he's signed for another 5yrs.

It's been recently publicized that Fortson wants out. The only reason Seattle would accomodate him is b/c he's a headache. If Seattle does bite I would try to get Ridnour in the process...even if it meant dealing Nate as well. Ridnour is also signed for just 1 more year, and would be that proto-typical type of PG that LB wants.

Ron Artest is the man we need for small forward . The ultimate defender and a good passer and scorer. I'd give up Francis and Lee or Nate if necessary if we could land him in a sign and trade. He is worth every penny. I bet he would jump at the chance to play in NY with Larry Brown. I know we would have to take some garbage along with them. We could just release the garbage. Dolan is good for that..

os2wiz

Rookie
sxmarbury516 said:
marbury and harrington are good friends. they know how to play together. to ship steph out to bring in al is kinda defeating the purpose. i dont think we should be focusing on getting more guards like mike james. he didnt even average 6 assists a game. how is that a point guard who can distribute? we need a good shot blocker who will help clog up the paint.
You must be kidding? Steph is not Steph in my books. He is Starbury
the guy who is the best pointguard in the league. The one who makes his teammates worse wherever he plays. He is Starbury the disloyal mutineer.
He is the cancer who MUST be removed at all costs. I guarantee everyone we need a pointguard who makes easy baskets for his teammates not a Starbury.
Even Charlie Ward could defend well and pass well and not a bad 3 point shooter from what I remember. The team would have won 8-10 more games this year if the we had a a man at the point like Charlie. Starbury is a source of clubhouse dissension. He and Taylor MUST be traded during the summer preseason. In two years we will be a solid playoff contender with Brown at the helm. In 3 years we will be ready for the ECC .
Brown is not down or out yet. James Dolan really doesn't have the $40
million dollar balls to fire him. I expect Dolan and IT to be eating crow
soon and pretend that nothing ever happened. BYE BYE Starbury!!
Bye Bye Franchise!! Bye Bye Taylor!! Hello more number 1 draft choices that what we would know what to do with this coming season.
I am sticking by LB. He will bring stability, success, and sense to this franchise

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
U stick by LB all u want, maybe u can get a job changing his catheter. ur just one more person putting the blame for this sickening season on marbury. meanwhile when 2006 1st came around and the knicks won 6 straight, everyone including "next town brown" and probably urself were givin him the respect he deserves. that was him playing his normal aggressive style. then he gets injured against minnesota and the team goes on to lose the next 10 straight. that dont tell u anything? open up ur eyes. the guy has played for 4 different teams. 3 of them he has helped get into the playoffs.

charlie ward better than stephon marbury? are we talking about football here? u could put ward and childs together and u still wouldn't have as much talent as steph has. take it from the guys who he's played with... garnett, amare, k-mart. they all have nothin but good sh*t to say about him. garnett wants a reunion y? because marbury makes his teammates worse right. u keep lookin around for the next point guard while anyone who knows what their talkin about understands we need a big man. we need a dependable pf who will intimidate down low.

what the hell is with everyone saying we have to get brown "his type of players". almost all the teams he's had success with already had a stacked roster b4 he came aboard. os2wiz in case u didnt see this article in another thread. read this maybe ittl give u a different light on the guy u think we should invest the franchise in...

http://blogs.foxsports.com/TrainOntheBall/Larry_Brown

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
os2wiz said:
sxmarbury516 said:
marbury and harrington are good friends. they know how to play together. to ship steph out to bring in al is kinda defeating the purpose. i dont think we should be focusing on getting more guards like mike james. he didnt even average 6 assists a game. how is that a point guard who can distribute? we need a good shot blocker who will help clog up the paint.
the guy who is the best pointguard in the league. The one who makes his teammates worse wherever he plays. He is Starbury the disloyal mutineer.
He is the cancer who MUST be removed at all costs. I guarantee everyone we need a pointguard who makes easy baskets for his teammates not a Starbury.
Even Charlie Ward could defend well and pass well and not a bad 3 point shooter from what I remember. The team would have won 8-10 more games this year if the we had a a man at the point like Charlie. Starbury is a source of clubhouse dissension. He and Taylor MUST be traded during the summer preseason. In two years we will be a solid playoff contender with Brown at the helm. In 3 years we will be ready for the ECC .
Bye Bye Franchise!! Bye Bye Taylor!! Hello more number 1 draft choices that what we would know what to do with this coming season.
I am sticking by LB. He will bring stability, success, and sense to this franchise

Agreed 100%! Look at Marbury's track record, every team that he has been on stinks! To me, Marbury is a guy who should come off the bench, as a change of pace player as well as a straight backup PG/SG. If he was making 3-4 million a year, he would be just that and most teams would want him. He is NOT a leader in any way, shape or form.

paris401

Starter
sxmarbury516 said:
U . meanwhile when 2006 1st came around and the knicks won 6 straight, everyone including "next town brown" and probably urself were givin him the respect he deserves. that was him playing his normal aggressive style. then he gets injured against minnesota and the team goes on to lose the next 10 straight. that dont tell u anything? open up ur eyes. the guy has played for 4 different teams. 3 of them he has helped get into the playoffs.

towelhead sure did start 06 on a strong note... but where was he at the start of the 05-06 season??? before their mini-streak their record was 10 wins and 25 "Defeats...

os2wiz

Rookie
sxmarbury516 said:
U stick by LB all u want, maybe u can get a job changing his catheter. ur just one more person putting the blame for this sickening season on marbury. meanwhile when 2006 1st came around and the knicks won 6 straight, everyone including "next town brown" and probably urself were givin him the respect he deserves. that was him playing his normal aggressive style. then he gets injured against minnesota and the team goes on to lose the next 10 straight. that dont tell u anything? open up ur eyes. the guy has played for 4 different teams. 3 of them he has helped get into the playoffs.

charlie ward better than stephon marbury? are we talking about football here? u could put ward and childs together and u still wouldn't have as much talent as steph has. take it from the guys who he's played with... garnett, amare, k-mart. they all have nothin but good sh*t to say about him. garnett wants a reunion y? because marbury makes his teammates worse right. u keep lookin around for the next point guard while anyone who knows what their talkin about understands we need a big man. we need a dependable pf who will intimidate down low.

what the hell is with everyone saying we have to get brown "his type of players". almost all the teams he's had success with already had a stacked roster b4 he came aboard. os2wiz in case u didnt see this article in another thread. read this maybe ittl give u a different light on the guy u think we should invest the franchise in...

http://blogs.foxsports.com/TrainOntheBall/Larry_Brown

Marbury is close to being the stupidest point guard in NBA history despite his obvious talent. I do NOT think this guy undertands the game, because he doesn't distribute properly. Don't look at stats, look at how he plays. He has never played adequate defense in all the time I have seen his game. You can suck up to this rockhead if you want water seeks its own level, and you and Starbury have equally illustrious intellects.
As far as Brown is concerned he knows the game as well as any coach in the NBA. I put him on the same level as Greg Popovich , his best student. Unfortunately, other than Joe Dumars, he has rarely had a top notch G.M. to acquire the players he needs. In spite of this he makes his players defend and work as a team. Those who do not listen do not play.
That is why that stupid Ariza is no longer on the team.
You should come over to the MSG Knicks forum and hookup with your sidekicks KiyaMan (alias Skeezerman and GanjaMan) and EW87 (alias
When EFHutton talks ...) They also have a similar abundance of fried brain cells.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
os2wiz said:
sxmarbury516 said:

Yo that's harsh. You may not like Steph but calling him a cancer. That's a bit much. Need I remind you Marbuy is the only player on our team that can score. "THE ONLY PLAYER ON OUR TEAM THAT CAN SCORE" That is other than Crawford but our coach didn't play Crawford much this season. I say keep Steph. We can't trade him any way so the talk is pointless. It's like me complaining about A. Houston and how he should give his money back to us for the past three years. It ant gonna happen!

Yo that's harsh. You may not like Steph but calling him a cancer. That's a bit much. Need I remind you Marbuy is the only player on our team that can score. "THE ONLY PLAYER ON OUR TEAM THAT CAN SCORE" That is other than Crawford but our coach didn't play Crawford much this season. I say keep Steph. We can't trade him any way so the talk is pointless. It's like me complaining about A. Houston and how he should give his money back to us for the past three years. It ant gonna happen!

Once Marbury and Francis are replaced by a REAL point guard the offense will be much better. Channing Frye, Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford would all put up much higher scoring numbers if they played with a pass first point guard like J. Kidd or S. Nash.

S. Marbury, and Francis for that matter, are very tradeable. We just have to find a partner who wants him. The Hawks, Raptors and Rockets need point guards.

Atlanta and Toronto have over $14 million in cap space each. A Marbury plus draft picks for Alvin Williams or Mo Peterson and draft picks trade would fit under the cap. Same with the Hawks.

The Rockets don't have much cap space to work with. We'd probably have to take back both Juwan Howard and Rafer Alston's long contracts. I wouldn't do that.

os2wiz

Rookie
donchris said:

So the truth hurts. Too bad. Marbury is not the only scorer on the Knicks, you forgot Channing Frye as well as Crawford. I expect Crawford to start at 2 this season. He has earned it by learning to defend and pass and rebound.
Starbury is elephant crap and must go. We can trade him. Minnesota will take him if we make the right offer. We trade Steph and get Minnesota's first round pick and a bunch of role players and expiring contracts.We release most of them and eat thier contacts for 1 year. That leaves us a number 13 pick and 2 other first round picks. We trade Franchise and get another first rounder plus a few other expiring contracts. That gives us 4 first rounders. We trade the two highest picks for a lottery pick and draft
the point guard from Connecticut. We trade the two remaining picks for
a number 17 or 18 pick and get a shot-blocker rebounder.
We package Taylor, Qyntel Woods and David Lee for Ron Artest from
Sacramento.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
hey os2wiz how come u havnt answered me? it seems to me with all these draft picks u think the knicks should get, ur lookin for a starting 5 of all rookies next year. crawford is originaly a point guard too. does that make him a bad player because hes a scoring point guard? channing frye was a rookie who might be able to score on good games but he's not that consistant. cant really blaim him tho with the inconsistant minutes brown was playing him 4. i highly doubt sacramento will be trading artest this off-season. here's a list of players we should go after in this order...
1. kevin garnett
2. jermaine o'neal
3. kenyon martin
4. al harrington
5. rashard lewis

portega1968

El Cacique
The newbie has an ambitious plan. Problem is Sacramento isn't trading Artest, plain and simple. Just not gonna happen.

Also, Minny's pick is number 6, not #13. I'd trade Stephon, David Lee and one of our picks for Marko Jaric, Eddie Griffin and their 6th pick. That gives us a defensive and decent point guard plus a monster shotblocker (asterisk his contract requiring a valid driver's license); two of our most serious needs.

That 6th pick could land us Rudy Gay, Randy Foye or Marcus Williams.

Atlanta may be interested in Francis, so let's send them Francis, Mo Taylor and our other pick for a re-signed Harrington, Zaza Pachulia and their 5th pick. Or maybe Seattle will take Francis for Rashard lewis.

More or less, we'd be looking at a starting 5 of:

PG - Jaric
SG - QRich
SF - Harrington (or Rashard)
PF - Griffin
C - Curry

Now that's a squad with defensive potential!!!

Backups:
Guards - Crawford, Foye and Robinson
Forwards - Gay and Rose plus Channing and Malik
Centers - Pachulia, Jerome James and Butler

That looks like a strong bench!!!

And we'd still have some chips for the feb. deadline.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
portega what do u think about workin a deal out with the wizards for either caron butler or antawn jamison. being that they have a great pg in arenas the wouldnt be lookin for any of our 4 pg's. think its possible? think its worth it?

portega1968

El Cacique
I've always admired Antawn Jamison's game. Despite having a SF body while playing PF, he's a double-double threat every night. I like his game so much that I've had him on every NBA fantasy team I've had since he came into the league and he's always produced nice numbers.

Problem is he would not improve our defense at the 4spot becuase of his size, so we'd have to use him at the SF, at which he's too slow to defend effectively. If we had a defensive center and SF, then he would be ideal at the 4.

Caron is also one helluva player and if we could get him for one of our expiring deals I'd grab him in a heartbeat. On the other hand, I really have my heart set on getting Rashard Lewis for the three spot or trade up in the draft and stick Rudy Gay in there.

Does anybody know if Sergio Rodriguez is really in the draft or is he signed for a long-term deal with Adecco Estudiantes and would require a buyout? CNNSI has the Mavs picking him up with the 28th pick. If there is one player not in the NBA who has Steve Nash potential, this is the guy. He's a monster playmaker with a very mean crossover.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I agree! I've said that a year ago. Knicks should get Jamison but right now I'd rather have Al Harrington. He's a free agent that wants to come to NY. You guys have to stop hating on Marbury. Always looking for someone to blame. He was injured the last quarter of the season right? So he ant the problem. But no one is untradable. Let's just not trade him for trash. It's funny to me that you guys want to trade away the only guy on the team that can score. Knicks would be much worse with out him. Crawford is streaky. He can't put the team on his back and should come of the bench.

os2wiz

Rookie
sxmarbury516 said:
hey os2wiz how come u havnt answered me? it seems to me with all these draft picks u think the knicks should get, ur lookin for a starting 5 of all rookies next year. crawford is originaly a point guard too. does that make him a bad player because hes a scoring point guard? channing frye was a rookie who might be able to score on good games but he's not that consistant. cant really blaim him tho with the inconsistant minutes brown was playing him 4. i highly doubt sacramento will be trading artest this off-season. here's a list of players we should go after in this order...
1. kevin garnett
2. jermaine o'neal
3. kenyon martin
4. al harrington
5. rashard lewis

Garnett will NOT be traded.
O'Neal will NOT be traded.
K. Martin is damaged goods.
Al harrington is sitting on his ass. Hasn't done anything positive in 2 years.
Rashard Lewis can score. Can he defend???