NBA Playoffs 2006 Thread

rady

Administrator
Staff member
A new year when the Knicks are not in playoffs. I forgot how it is to win a playoff game...
Anyway, i started this topic because there might be some of us who are still interested in what's going on lately in the NBA.
I personally think that the Pistons will win it this year, especially after their regular season run, but Dallas and San Antonio are not to be ignored.
The team i'm rooting for, the Nuggets are in a struggle against the Clippers (3-1 now) and it looks like they'll leave the playoffs this year too after the first round

rady

Administrator
Staff member
OMG, the cavs just took the lead 3-2 after detroit won the first 2 games! I can't stand the cavs, if they win game 6 it would be the biggest surprise in years!
The pistons didn't had a 3 game losing streak in the whole regular season!

portega1968

El Cacique
My bracket for our nba pool (nbabracket.com) has miami and detroit in the east and the mavs and lakers in the west, with the mavs beating the heat in the finals.

so if cleveland wins, i'm in deep shit.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
sry portega you're lakers lost. i have cleveland upsetting detroit in 6 games and getting beat in the east finals by the heat in 5. As for the west, the mavs have the spurs wrapped up and will go on to the finals after beating the clippers in.....i'd say 6. mavs vs heat? i'd take mavs.

portega1968

El Cacique
My Lakers? ja... I hate that team just as much as I hate Miami, da' Bulls, Pacers and Nets.

We do agree on the Finals, but I still believe Detroit will survive King James as well as the Suns will edge out the Clips, say in cuadruple overtime, jejejejeje.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
damn damn damn!!!
i just saw game 5 between the cavs and pistons!! hell what a game, WHAT. A. GAME!! I don't think i've seen so much passion and heart ever since our games against the heat!
Currently downloading game 6, i'm really curious how last night's game was

portega1968

El Cacique
ny3nyk... still waiting for Cleveland in 6? or the Clips over the Suns? jajajajajja

It's about time somebody put the hammer on the Spurs. Pop really fucked up by not trusting his bench... Nazr, Oberto, Beno and Rasho didn't see a minute of GT.

I'm glad the Mavs finally found a way to get that monkey off their backs, despite the obvious push by the referees to give the game to Duncan & Co. They should have Mark Cuban reviewing their salaries.

The conference finals will be great, with the Heat taking out the Pistons in seven games and the Mavs letting Nash know money isn't everything in six. I smell more overtimes, technical fouls, suspensions and a whole bunch of brackets in the dump.