Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: [ESPN] Isiah, Dolan Dumb And Dumber

  1. #1
    Administrator rady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    3,813
    Rep Power
    10

    Default [ESPN] Isiah, Dolan Dumb And Dumber

    You're probably a fan of a pro sports team. Maybe you're a fanatic. Maybe, truth be told, your team is more important to you than your mother.
    Maybe nothing in life gives you greater joy and pain than your team. Maybe you've attached your very self-worth to your team's performance. When it wins, you brag to friends and coworkers as if you're superior because you chose to be a fan of this great team. When it loses, you want to go into hiding.

    Owners like James Dolan are your worst nightmare. You are a prisoner of his decisions, and you probably could run his team -- your team -- better than he does.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    More articles from today:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: [ESPN] Isiah, Dolan Dumb And Dumber

    Originally Posted by rady
    You're probably a fan of a pro sports team. Maybe you're a fanatic. Maybe, truth be told, your team is more important to you than your mother.
    Maybe nothing in life gives you greater joy and pain than your team. Maybe you've attached your very self-worth to your team's performance. When it wins, you brag to friends and coworkers as if you're superior because you chose to be a fan of this great team. When it loses, you want to go into hiding.

    Owners like James Dolan are your worst nightmare. You are a prisoner of his decisions, and you probably could run his team -- your team -- better than he does.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    More articles from today:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Ummm, ESPN stole my line. But at this point I'll welcome anyone on this site with half a brain who can see where the real Knick problems lie. It's sad to see so many idioits claiming to be Knick fans when in fact all they are are a bunch of poser Isiah Thomas Fans


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Larry Brown cannot truly be the target, and here's why:

    Because if in fact Larry Brown is The problem then YET AGAIN, Isiah Thomas AND James L. Dolan MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE for making what amounts to YET another WRONG MOVE in an endless mire of wrong moves. Thomas and Dolan are like dumb and dumber with an endless amount of money to spend.

  3. #3
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Larry is the problem! The line up is what it is but Brown didn't coach to it's strenghts. He put him self in this situation. The team has more talent this year thant the year before. So why are we losing more games? Poor coaching. Bashing players in the media is not the mark of a great coach.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Larry is the problem! The line up is what it is but Brown didn't coach to it's strenghts. He put him self in this situation. The team has more talent this year thant the year before. So why are we losing more games? Poor coaching. Bashing players in the media is not the mark of a great coach.
    Oh right...Larry is the sole problem on this team. The players don't suck. That's right. COME ON! Get real. Isiah singlehandedly put together the worst roster ever assembled.

    Did LB play to the team's strenghts? No he didn't...I'll give you that. He's an overrated coach in that he doesn't know how to get the most out of his guys...he only knows one way to play and he expects his guys to conform to him. BUT...do you honestly think this roster would have won that much more?? They don't remotely blend together at all...they have too many of the same people at the same positions...and also too many overpaid losers like Jerome James and lazy bums like Eddy Curry.

    And do you think replacing an HOF coach with a total loser is going to help? Isiah, Steve Mills, and James Dolan are the reason the knicks are where they are...unfortunately Dolan can't get fired, and he's too stupid to fire the other two.

    The only good thing that could possibly come of this is that Isiah, by being coach, puts himself a huge step closer to being fired. And I hope that dope Steve Mills follows him....anyone dumb enough to recommend this idiot for a GM job with the track record he had doesn't deserve a job in corporate america.

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by RMK-NYK
    Originally Posted by donchris
    Larry is the problem! The line up is what it is but Brown didn't coach to it's strenghts. He put him self in this situation. The team has more talent this year thant the year before. So why are we losing more games? Poor coaching. Bashing players in the media is not the mark of a great coach.
    Oh right...Larry is the sole problem on this team. The players don't suck. That's right. COME ON! Get real. Isiah singlehandedly put together the worst roster ever assembled.

    Did LB play to the team's strenghts? No he didn't...I'll give you that. He's an overrated coach in that he doesn't know how to get the most out of his guys...he only knows one way to play and he expects his guys to conform to him. BUT...do you honestly think this roster would have won that much more?? They don't remotely blend together at all...they have too many of the same people at the same positions...and also too many overpaid losers like Jerome James and lazy bums like Eddy Curry.

    And do you think replacing an HOF coach with a total loser is going to help? Isiah, Steve Mills, and James Dolan are the reason the knicks are where they are...unfortunately Dolan can't get fired, and he's too stupid to fire the other two.

    The only good thing that could possibly come of this is that Isiah, by being coach, puts himself a huge step closer to being fired. And I hope that dope Steve Mills follows him....anyone dumb enough to recommend this idiot for a GM job with the track record he had doesn't deserve a job in corporate america.

    Thank God. There is a person who doesn't have his head up his ass on this site.

  6. #6
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Here's the thing, you guys say we are blinded by our love for Isiah when in fact you are blinded by your hate for him. A lot of people hated Thomas when he first came over. Before he made one move. I dont know if he's the man for the job. What I am saying is Brown is not and needs to retire and we will see next year what Isiah can do with this team. But all this talk of fire this guy fire that guy, fire the owner is non-sense and pointless. It is what it is. Zeek is taking over. Get over it.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    It's happening that's fine...but I don't have to like it. Frankly I don't like either Brown or Isiah...so I think both should go and they should just clean house and start over with a new regime that has a clue. I'm sorry to tell inform all you people out there that think this team is a title contender...it isn't! These guys can run up and down the court all they want...they still won't be able to defend, they don't hussle, they don't get rebounds, and they don't block shots. Matter of fact, they don't really even shoot that well either.

    So yeah I'm sorry if I'm upset that the architect of this mess is being allowed to stick around, because with him around the curse continues and I can only see this getting worse.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Here's the thing, you guys say we are blinded by our love for Isiah when in fact you are blinded by your hate for him. A lot of people hated Thomas when he first came over. Before he made one move. I dont know if he's the man for the job. What I am saying is Brown is not and needs to retire and we will see next year what Isiah can do with this team. But all this talk of fire this guy fire that guy, fire the owner is non-sense and pointless. It is what it is. Zeek is taking over. Get over it.
    I don't personally hate Thomas. However this sexual harassment thing is just icing on the cake here. That being said, I'm not even a Larry Brown fan. I can take him or leave him. Don't lose sight of the big picture ... none of these guys have helped the team. Hellooooo, the team SUCKS !!! The only thing I hate is 'what' Thomas has been allowed to get away with and all the unbelievable sucking up everyone is doing in his behalf. As far as Dolan is concerned, he's just too clueless and stupid to know what in the hell is going on. He needs to go back to his little country club and get out of the basketball business.

    Fortunately, all we need to do is suffer through one more season with Thomas as the coach (ohhh, how my fingers hurt just typing such words) and MARK MY WORDS, Thomas will be be FORCED to run his ass out of town or be FIRED in an instant at the first excuse for not turning this team around. Either way I can hardly wait !! Get used to the word FIRE my friend.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •