Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Daily News] Knicks Buying Out Larry?

Larry Brown is the most hyped, over-rated coach in the NBA. His only loyality is to his bank account, just ask the Pistons owner. Brown had a chance to resign, but instead he just said he would return, when EVERYONE knew he was not going to go back and coach the Pistons. So the owner of the Pistons had to pay him a crazy amount of money. Even though he commented how the Knicks was his dream job during his last season and how he was thinking about becoming the Cavs VP during the Playoffs.

He then comes to the Knicks who have a young team and a great deal of draft picks coming. Three young cats came in the last draft and they all saw their minutes go up and down throughout the year. David Lee really played hard but he would go games being deactivated. Now this draft 2006, the Knicks have picks at 20, 29.

Larry Brown basically pulled the sheets over the eyes of the Knicks and he came there and caused serious problems througout the season. Suck it up and coach the f'n team! Instead he would cry to the press about the teams shortcomings. He traded Arriza who to me was a good young player for another PG when they already have Marbury, Robinson and Crawford. That trade made no sense to me!

Larry Brown should go and the Knicks should try to keep as much money as possible. The Knicks need a coach who is good with players and lets the players run! This team can run, but Brown does not let them. Brown micro-manages more than any other Coach in the NBA. He yanks players so quickly so how can a player feel comfortable! He also had how many different starting lineups?

Larry Brown is OVER-RATED and OVER-HYPED!

LB is going to get bought out.
    Larry is the type of person who needs to be in absolute control.
    His image is tarnished by this rumor and to know that the knicks are trying to boot him, will make him no longer want to be here next season - which of course is great for us.

LB purposely sabotaged this season and he needs to face the consequences.

Isiah is the best caoch for this team.
    Every player on the roster respects and loves Isiah.
    They also know that they need to make him look good and that he assembled a fine group of players.

In AND1's anklebreakers hosted by Marbury, Steph said that Isiah was the player he looked up to the most in the NBA.
    JC loves Isiah.
    Curry and Q are chi-town guys and grew up knowing Isiah.
    The whole roster has some personal tie to him that will allow him to maximize their potential

They will play hard for Isiah.
    They will go to war with him.

IF Larry Brown is bought out AND Isaiah does become the head coach, this would open the door to bringing in a NEW and BETTER GM.

In order for the Knicks as an organization to be turned around, it must start from the top. Isaiah has taken a huge gamble on his transactions. Some of them have paid off, some of them haven't. The GM may be the single most important role in any organization.

Kiki Vandeweigh's contract is set to expire on Aug. 1st. Kiki is an excellent candidate. He has Knicks roots and was voted GM of the year a couple of years ago.

This is so typical of how clueless Dolan is! Brown's track record surpasses Isiah's by sooooooo much!! I say, let them make Isiah the coach, trade for Gorden and let's watch the Knicks set an all time recird for losses! I think Dolan needs some tuff love to snap him back into reality! I say they take Rose's contract, trade it to Philly for Iverson and we can have a starting lineup of Steph, Frances, Gorden, Iverson and Curry! Hell, why stop there! Let's have the Knicks lobby for some rule changes to allow 3 balls to be used at the same time so that all the ball hogs that the Knicks are accumulating can shoot like they want to. You know, I wonder what the internal memo's in Chicago look like:

Attention Staff, take a chance on anyone you want becasue if they do not work out, we can trade them to the Knicks!

Getting rid of Brown is NOT the answer. Getting players that can play is!! Isiah needs to get Brown his type of players, like Dumars did in Detroit. Getting some blue collar defensive minded front men would be a great start!

4 all those people who think larry brown deserve another shot and feel like the knicks are making a mistake in firing him then please take some time to read this article and tell me what u think....

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    Does this mean it will happen? no.
    but should it? yes.
    im not a fan of Marbury to the point where I will pick him over Larry. in fact i think larry is the best coach in the NBA. BUT his ways wont work with our roster. any other we would have won many games. do i think if we keep larry wed be winning in two more years (and essembling his roster)? YES. BUT what happens after his four years and we have his lame roster?

im fond of Isiah. and i think the players will listen to him. but i dont think he is the best choice. but is better than larry in this role.

no matter what, the roster will need moves. Francis or Marbury needs to go to get a SF. Harrrington and O'Neal are very very fond of Isiah. and who knows. this mite be the ticket we needed to landing one or both of them. Harrington more so.
    You guys are totally whack. We're going to watch you and all the rest of the very confused Thomas nutjobs on this site go down with the ship.

Originally Posted by sxmarbury516
    4 all those people who think larry brown deserve another shot and feel like the knicks are making a mistake in firing him then please take some time to read this article and tell me what u think....

I think this article states the problem/squared, more acurately:

thats a hot link....larry jumps on the right oppurtunities and then he leaves

Originally Posted by DaGreek34
    Larry Brown is the most hyped, over-rated coach in the NBA. His only loyality is to his bank account ...

Larry Brown basically pulled the sheets over the eyes of the Knicks ...
    I know you're not trying to insinuate that the player slash NBA thugs out there are more concerned about basketball than their bank accounts. Over who's eyes on the Knicks did the sheets get pulled over then ? If not Thomas' and Dolan's then who?????

Originally Posted by datruth

thats a hot link....larry jumps on the right oppurtunities and then he leaves
    You and you're little friend are so full of **** it's pa thetic.

I’m truly beginning to believe that Isiah Thomas and James Dolan both have pictures of each other taking it up the butt while wearing a pair of their grannies panties on their heads. How these two halfwits have been allowed to continue their reign of terror to this extent is totally beyond me.

Are the powers that be in the Knicks' organization above James Dolan in a coma ? Whoever they may be are obviously clueless about basketball and/or just totally brain dead and are only concerned only about hiring a monkey to run things for them. In this case they have TWO !!

james dolan has ruined this franchise. he's the man every knick fan should focus all their hate and and be cursing at!!! not larry brown, not isiah thomas, not marbury, etc...

Originally Posted by KnicksFan112
    james dolan has ruined this franchise. he's the man every knick fan should focus all their hate and and be cursing at!!! not larry brown, not isiah thomas, not marbury, etc...
    Dolan is a ****...that's for sure. I loved every moment of that game when Sprewell came in and cursed the crap out of him. I wish Sprewell had tried going into the stands and beating his ass. He's done nothing but ruin this franchise...from firing Marv, to hiring Isiah, to allowing Isiah to keep his job.

Still Dolan is the owner and he can't be removed...Isiah's the one who arrogantly made these idiotic moves and he's the loser who has Dolan's ear. The only way to really get rid of both is for everyone to stop going to Knicks games...stop paying these awful prices. That's the only way they'll get it.

Originally Posted by KnicksFan112
    The blame should go on Dolan but the problem is, he's not the guy making the roster changes, he just signs the checks. He has brought in guys that he felt would help, it turns out that his choices were bad. What I don't understand with him is, he has Isiah blinders on. Why does Isiah skate through this?!? He is the one that put together this disfunctional roster! They got a coach that has a proven record. I have watched brown for about 20 years and he has always had competitive teams. Even teams that started off bad, eventually got their bearings and put together some sort of an effort. So many people in this forum seem to think that Isiah has put together a great roster! Isiah has taken on every mediocre player with a bloated contract! He has traded for soooo many guards and now is rumored to be looking at another bulls guard??? Why do you think that the Bulls are shopping him around... Isiah just collects players, he doesn't seem to put together a TEAM! I don't care what coach runs this team, they will not amount to anything! This is a team where the majority of the players are 1 dimentional and all ego!

true, james dolan is the owner and he cannot be removed but it doesn't change the fact that ultimately dolan is the problem. okay, fine we get rid of isiah, then dolan will hire another idiot just as he did before isiah with scott layden. the franchise will never climb back to respectability with dolan as the owner.