[Daily News] Knicks Buying Out Larry?

jffga

Rookie
NYKnicks15 said:
Does this mean it will happen? no.
but should it? yes.
im not a fan of Marbury to the point where I will pick him over Larry. in fact i think larry is the best coach in the NBA. BUT his ways wont work with our roster. any other we would have won many games. do i think if we keep larry wed be winning in two more years (and essembling his roster)? YES. BUT what happens after his four years and we have his lame roster?

im fond of Isiah. and i think the players will listen to him. but i dont think he is the best choice. but is better than larry in this role.

no matter what, the roster will need moves. Francis or Marbury needs to go to get a SF. Harrrington and O'Neal are very very fond of Isiah. and who knows. this mite be the ticket we needed to landing one or both of them. Harrington more so.

You guys are totally whack. We're going to watch you and all the rest of the very confused Thomas nutjobs on this site go down with the ship.

jffga

Rookie
DaGreek34 said:
Larry Brown is the most hyped, over-rated coach in the NBA. His only loyality is to his bank account ...

Larry Brown basically pulled the sheets over the eyes of the Knicks ...

I know you're not trying to insinuate that the player slash NBA thugs out there are more concerned about basketball than their bank accounts. Over who's eyes on the Knicks did the sheets get pulled over then ? If not Thomas' and Dolan's then who?????

jffga

Rookie
datruth said:
sxmarbury516 said:
4 all those people who think larry brown deserve another shot and feel like the knicks are making a mistake in firing him then please take some time to read this article and tell me what u think....

http://blogs.foxsports.com/TrainOntheBall/Larry_Brown

thats a hot link....larry jumps on the right oppurtunities and then he leaves

You and you're little friend are so full of shit it's pa thetic. :flippa:

http://www.knicksonline.com/teaser/5081/isiah-dolan-dumb-and-dumber.html

jffga

Rookie
I’m truly beginning to believe that Isiah Thomas and James Dolan both have pictures of each other taking it up the butt while wearing a pair of their grannies panties on their heads. How these two halfwits have been allowed to continue their reign of terror to this extent is totally beyond me.

Are the powers that be in the Knicks' organization above James Dolan in a coma ? Whoever they may be are obviously clueless about basketball and/or just totally brain dead and are only concerned only about hiring a monkey to run things for them. In this case they have TWO !!

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
james dolan has ruined this franchise. he's the man every knick fan should focus all their hate and and be cursing at!!! not larry brown, not isiah thomas, not marbury, etc...

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
KnicksFan112 said:
james dolan has ruined this franchise. he's the man every knick fan should focus all their hate and and be cursing at!!! not larry brown, not isiah thomas, not marbury, etc...

Dolan is a cock...that's for sure. I loved every moment of that game when Sprewell came in and cursed the crap out of him. I wish Sprewell had tried going into the stands and beating his ass. He's done nothing but ruin this franchise...from firing Marv, to hiring Isiah, to allowing Isiah to keep his job.

Still Dolan is the owner and he can't be removed...Isiah's the one who arrogantly made these idiotic moves and he's the loser who has Dolan's ear. The only way to really get rid of both is for everyone to stop going to Knicks games...stop paying these awful prices. That's the only way they'll get it.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
KnicksFan112 said:
The blame should go on Dolan but the problem is, he's not the guy making the roster changes, he just signs the checks. He has brought in guys that he felt would help, it turns out that his choices were bad. What I don't understand with him is, he has Isiah blinders on. Why does Isiah skate through this?!? He is the one that put together this disfunctional roster! They got a coach that has a proven record. I have watched brown for about 20 years and he has always had competitive teams. Even teams that started off bad, eventually got their bearings and put together some sort of an effort. So many people in this forum seem to think that Isiah has put together a great roster! Isiah has taken on every mediocre player with a bloated contract! He has traded for soooo many guards and now is rumored to be looking at another bulls guard??? Why do you think that the Bulls are shopping him around... Isiah just collects players, he doesn't seem to put together a TEAM! I don't care what coach runs this team, they will not amount to anything! This is a team where the majority of the players are 1 dimentional and all ego!

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
true, james dolan is the owner and he cannot be removed but it doesn't change the fact that ultimately dolan is the problem. okay, fine we get rid of isiah, then dolan will hire another idiot just as he did before isiah with scott layden. the franchise will never climb back to respectability with dolan as the owner.

NYKnicks15

Starter
it's all but confirmed now. an Eastern Conference Executive has confirmed that he was assured Larry will be gone and Isiah will be in.
take that for what it's worth

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
That article about Larry Brown is very well written. I have never liked this guy, he loves one thing only $$$$. He pulled the sheets over everything related to a Knick and their fans. He was horrible from the start. Changing his lineups too much, not playing young guys and going to the media with his problems instead of dealing with them internally. He is horrible man, just like the Pistons owner stated.

The Knicks Roster is by far not the Second worst in the League, it just takes a "players coach" to lead them. A coach who will give the team room to breathe and let them run. Which Brown wouldn't let happen!

Eddy Curry is only 23 and will continue to get better
Jerome James is 30 and was in Browns dog house from day 1

Mo Taylor should not be playing
David Lee is a rising role player who does the dirty work, he should be getting all the minutes that went to guys like Taylor and Malik Rose
Malik Rose is hard nosed player with some good value still
Channing Frye should have started every game
Jackie Butler a young low post pressence

Jalen Rose can score, perfect sixth man
Jamal Crawford came on strong late in the season
Quentin Richardson looked great as a Sun, terrible as a Knick wants to run
Qyntel Woods good big SF/SG type role player

Stephon Marbury can play with any PG in the league
Steve Francis once known as the Franchise needs some love
Nate Robinson was in Browns dog house a lot

The Knicks have talent and they can run! So why did Larry Brown not let them run this year at all! He would cry they can't rebound, but Lee attacks the boards strongly, Richardson is WAY above average in the rebounding department, Butler looked good on the boards!

Now you add two of the top 30 players in the draft coming into the mix, YOU NEED A COACH WHO CAN relate to his players. Brown is not good at coaching rookies or younger players. His head games can really wear out a team. This is a deep team right now and they will be adding two of the best college players to the fold.

What they need to do is try and get an INTIMIDATOR on defense. Kenyon Martin is that guy and the Nuggets need Guards and the Knicks have a whole bunch of them or draft picks in which they can move. Remember Kenyon before his knee injury he has had for most of the year, the guy is a fierce competitor and he can ball.

jimkcchief88

All Star
How can you give any coach only one season two prove himself with a terrible lineup??? Even a Hall of Fame coach like Larry Brown needs more than one season to turn things around. Say whatever you want about LB, the man has won a NCAA championship and a NBA championship. How many other coaches have done that?? I don't know, but it has to be a short list. What's Isiah Thomas' coaching resume??? I know he was a great player, but the best coaches are not the best players.

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
Isiah did help develop young players like O'neal, Tinsley, Artest, Miller, Harrington when he coached the Pacers. Two straight years the teams that eliminated the Pacers went on to represent the East in the NBA Finals. Thomas won his fair share of games with the Pacers and if anything he has proven to develop young players. The Knicks are very young and they will only get younger since they have two picks in the Top 30 this year in the draft.

The first thing about Larry Brown you have to look at his how has he become a Knicks coach. First during his last season with the Pistons he went on record saying how the Knicks was his dream job. Then during the playoffs he was in talks to become Director of the Cavs team and was seen in Cleveland looking at houses to possibly buy. He showed the Pistons no loyality! Then instead of resigning which the Pistons owner was expecting he would do, larry brown instead went on record saying he hopes he could be back to coach the Pistons, when EVERYONE knew it was impossible that larry brown would go back to coach the Pistons. Instead, Brown forced the Pistons to buy out his contract. Then a few days later he signed a huge contract with the Knicks. Pistons owner went on record and said that larry brown is a bad person.

As I pointed out above, the Knicks roster is not terrible. The one thing it is is very, very young! So Larry Brown in my opinion is not the guy to take this team back to the Playoffs. Larry Brown set a record for the most lineups in the history of the NBA! He constantly went to the media to bash the roster, bash players.

Larry Brown is the only one to coach a title in the NBA and NCAA teams to title. But the Pistons team was already back to back 50 win seasons when he replaced Rick Carlise. The Pistons were not doing that great, then they brought Rasheed Wallace on board and then the Pistons went off and so did the Pistons and they won the Title!

Larry Brown just wants his bank account to get deeper, this is all he cares about! He took the Knicks to the cleaners! Now he will be heading to Cali to coach a team willing to pay him silly money!

He is the most over-rated over-hyped coach in all of sports! He comes on board just when he sees something positive is going to happen, he then bails just as he knows the ship is going to sink. All along thinking, he needs more money! He is a bum, always has been and I have personally never liked this guy!

hoop115

Benchwarmer
IMO LB is one of the best coaches of all time. He has won at every level of competition. Granted he has always stepped into a situation that has afforded him that luxury, each of those teams still needed someone to coach them. No one can say for sure that someone else could have duplicated his success. Fact of the matter is each team under LB won in LB's system. The pieces may have already been in place, but they still had to fit into his coaching style.

Not taking away from LB's success, but LB and his system is clearly NOT the suitable choice for the players we have right now. We should have never signed him. The game and rules have changed. The NBA is moving towards a faster, more offensive minded game. Both of these factors are polar opposites of what LB preaches to his teams. Dolan & Thomas were both lured into the hype surrounding LB. He was a big name coach, who wanted to coach for his hometown. What's not to love about that. Everyone would have loved this situation to work out but it didn't.

Now were cutting ties with LB. If LB does accept a buyout at $25MM for the remaining 4yrs, then he will go down in history as the most expensive coach ever...we would have effectively paid him $35MM for only 1 yr of service.

Rumor has it that Isaiah is going to fill the soon to be vacant coaching position. Like every GM, Isaiah assembled the pieces that we have with a vision. Some say that he was trying to build the Knicks in the image of the Pistons that he once played on. Now that he's the coach, let's see if he can deliver.

Everybody realizes that we have a problem and that something needs to be done. You cannot blame Dolan b/c he is just the owner. He may be irresponsible at times and shows poor judgement quite often but all he does is sign the checks. If anyone needs to be held accountable for the direction of our team it always has to come down to the GM. The General Manager is responsible for all Basketball Operations decisions. Dolan isn't advising Isaiah or Layden (for that matter) to pull the trigger on any of their transactions...it's the other way around. Dolan has given his GM's free reign to do what they feel is best for our franchise.

If things are going to change, it has to be from the top. We need to bring in a new GM. Both Isaiah and Layden weren't the right choice. Let's just hope that the third time's a charm.

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
hoop good points. I will have to agree to disagree with you though on LB. Like you said, EVERY chance he got, he had a beautiful situation to coach in. How did Kansas feel after he left them in probation? Or the UCLA team he decided to walk away from? The SPurs drafted quite possibly the most athletic Center to ever play the game in David Robinson, not to mention Sean Elliot.

Larry Brown is a good teacher of the game. But he is bull headed and has the NBA's biggest ego. He basically stole money from the Pistons and he is going to do it even worse to the Knicks.

The GM does not coach he brings players and Isiah has turned a roster of old, non athletic players into a young athletic team. BUT, Larry Brown just could not coach this team. Just look at his Olympic coaching! Amare never left the bench, yet he went on last year to put up SICK numbers. Lebron barely smelled the court. Carmelo who is a good jump shooter never left the bench.

I agree what you say though, the NBA is changing and this is good. We need to see more offense. Larry Brown to me is a bad person and he is after one thing, MONEY! He does not have a dream job cause his only dream is himself and his bank account! he is a jerk....

When it is all said and done, the coach is responsable for the end product. The Knicks record is not cause they dont have talent, they have loads of it! Mo Taylor cant guard anyone anymore, but LB loves him! He cries he didnt have rebounding, but every time I saw David Lee, that dude was playing CRAZY on the boards. LB yanks players so quick the Knicks were always looking over their shoulders! He also wanted to Micromanage to this team death! Did he do it on purpose with the hope he could eventually be both the coach and the GM? We will never know!

Isiah really helped the careers of the young pacers a few years back, and the Knicks are about to get younger with two more draft picks coming on board!

LB over rated...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I would have copied the comment but I really don't want such idiotic words tarnishing my comments. If you claim to be a Knicks fan you must support the team. You may not like certain players or coaches or GM's but you must support the team if you are what you say you are. All this talk about Isiah going to do a bad job should not come out of the mouths or keystrokes of real Knicks fans! No one here is a real Isiah Thomas fan. Hell, most of you guys aren't old enough to remember when Thomas was playing. I was a small kid then. But guy like me and guys like 15 and Rady are real Knicks fans. We want Isiah to succeed because right now it's the best option for the team.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i still dont get out any of you people who actualy read that article can still sit around saying he's the best caoch of all time. he's a lowlife. i really think he purposely pulled all this bullshit with the media, the 45 different starting lineups, and just being a complete asshole to his players in hopes of something like this happening. because now he's getting paid all this money to get fired. sh*t i wish my boss was that nice, hand me a 25 million dollar check just to walk out the door.

heres the article again for any of you fools who didnt take the time to read it and just keep coming in here giving us the most pathetic excuses on why he's the best coach ever...

http://blogs.foxsports.com/TrainOntheBall/Larry_Brown

WAKE THE F*CK UP!!! LARRY WAS GONNA SCREW THE KNICKS OVER JUST LIKE HE DID EVERY OTHER TEAM HE EVER "LEAD"

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
Brown was the wrong coach for this team...that is 100% true. So why was he hired then?? Cause this team is run by absolute idiots. I didn't want the guy here for that reason, but when he came, I admit that I thought it'd work cause I thought he'd take the roster he had and make it work. I saw him take a very bad team (I dont care what that article said...George Lynch, Tryone Hill, Ratliff, Kukoc, and Snow are NOT cream of the crop guys) and take them to the finals. He got the team to buy into the concept of letting AI be the man. So...I thought he'd do that with the Knicks, but instead he went on with his normal practice of singing the praises of opponents while belittling his own guys. Absolute bum.

As for all this talk about letting these guys run. They can run all the want but none of these guys can play any defense. To run you need a shot blocker and rebounder who can make things happen on the defensive end. You need guys that can cause turnovers with steals. None of this exists on the Knicks roster right now. We'll see if they can get any of these type of guys.

jffga

Rookie
donchris said:
I would have copied the comment but I really don't want such idiotic words tarnishing my comments. If you claim to be a Knicks fan you must support the team. You may not like certain players or coaches or GM's but you must support the team if you are what you say you are. All this talk about Isiah going to do a bad job should not come out of the mouths or keystrokes of real Knicks fans! No one here is a real Isiah Thomas fan. Hell, most of you guys aren't old enough to remember when Thomas was playing. I was a small kid then. But guy like me and guys like 15 and Rady are real Knicks fans. We want Isiah to succeed because right now it's the best option for the team.

Are you on hallucinogenic drugs ?