Bulls get the #2 pick

rady

Administrator
Staff member
:x:x:x:x:x

• The reward for the worst Knicks season in 20 years was officially claimed Tuesday by the Chicago Bulls — in the form of the second overall pick in the June draft.

If Knicks officials cringed, no one will know, because they are not talking. But there was no mistaking John Paxson's satisfaction. Paxson, the Bulls' general manager, acquired the Knicks' pick in the Eddy Curry trade last fall. At the time, no one figured that the Knicks would do so poorly, or that the pick would become so valuable.

http://www.knicksonline.com/teaser/5128/bulls-get-no-2-pick-thanks-to-the-knicks.html

NYKnicks15

Starter
well trying to be optimistic lets break down the trade.

New York gets technically

C Eddy Curry
F Jalen Rose (expiring contract)
#20 pick in 06 draft

Chicago gets
#2 pick in 06 draft
F Mike Sweetney
F Tim Thomas (waived)

I feel comfortable with that. especially seeing there is no primetime player in the draft.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
True, many people are saying there is no prime time player in the draft but you never know... There might be a hidden gem like Gilbert Arenas or a Tony Parker lurking in the draft and we could have had him if we had kept the protected pick. So, it will be interesting to see who the Bulls pick and how his career pans out compared to Curry's. Of course, we have to also consider next year's draft pick too cuz most likely we're going to end up swapping it with the Bulls.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
a real kick in the balls for us... i like that chinese guy yi jianlian (i think portega mentioned him), i like that guys game and looks like a promising player but will be eligible next year. im not really sure what this team needs right now. josh boone or saer sane are two bigs that we sorta need and i think another pg should be brought in via free agency not draft, unless another chris paul or deron williams sorta players falls down to our pick which i doubt

portega1968

El Cacique
NYKnicks15, you forgot that Chicago also can elect to swap next year's pick with the Knicks... if we have another season like this one, that could mean a lottery pick.

Two lottery picks, Sweetney and Thomas for Curry, Jalen and a pick? that debate can go either way. So let's hope we at least finish with a better record than Chicago next year or this deal will really taste like shit.