Ideal Knicks 2006-2007 Roster (within reason!)

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
I have to admit that Coney Island you are dead on....we can't keep overhauling the lineup...there are some very good pieces here...
I do think that expectingto get the 6 pick from Minn might be unrealistic...but if we did...I think we could get an excellent player...be it Roy from Washington (the guy I think will be a great pro) or Williams from Uconn (he could be the backup PG) or even an Aldridge (if he ever fell this low to help with the front line)
Build around Frye, Curry (he is what he is...and he is ours so get used to it) and Crawford...
We could actually be a decent team...this team doesn't hold a parade next June...but it could be closer to that in two or three years...
Oh and by the way...I actually think Jalen Rose will have a good season for us....
Lots of good stuff should happen by Wednesday night!!!!!!!!!

Let me also add this point...

If the strength to Marbury's game is the pick and roll, you are talking about being absolutely deadly with Channing Frye. This needs to be remembered. Today Kurt Thomas may be a better player... and I say MAYBE. And we all remember how good he played the pick and roll with Steph. You dont have to like someone to play well with them.

The point is, you build entirely around Steph, Curry, and Frye. No one else should be untouchable. I personally would like to keep Jalen, because he is a pure 3. I would also like to keep David Lee because he does the dirty work and plays hard all the time. There is a nice core. This team needs the right coach.

Allen

Benchwarmer
If Isiah is as smart as you all say he is, he would inquire about the following...

Sign and trade for Ben Wallace. I figure Detroit would want Eddie Curry and one of our rookies, I would have no problem about this trade.

Sign and trade for Al Harrington. This trade has been talked to death.

Trade for Shawn Marion. Phoenix is looking to unload him in order to sign Boris Diaw. Maybe they would settle for Francis and someone and a draft pick.

Mike James is walking out of Toronto. Maybe we can sign him with our MLE.

If the knicks can do a minimum of 2 perhaps 3 out 4 transactions on that list it would be a step in the right direction.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i highly doubt ben wallace will end up in ny, as much as i would love to see it happen i cant.

i agree we need to aquire harrington

shawn marion would be great to fill in our sf position. but if u think were gonna get him for francis n a few others ur crazy. steve nash has the pg spot lockd and carlos barbosa has proven worthy of backing him up. bringing francis into that squad would not help phx @ all. they would need a sf in return. if we trade maybe q-rich back to them along with a.... (i dont wanna say it) jamal crawford. maybe they would bite on something like that. giving us a starting 5 of...

marbury
francis
marion
lee/frye
curry

is it worth it?

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
forget Al Harrington. We going to draft a kid, Shawne Williams of Memphis who is going to be a stud in a few years. He is very young, but had he gone to school he would be a Lottery Pick in the future. Our other Pick will be Josh Boone.

Here is my Roster Within Reason:

PG: Marbury
SG: Francis
SF: Richardson
PF: Lee
C: Curry

Bench:

Robinson
Frye
Radmonovic
Crawford
JOSH BOONE
SHAWNE WILLIAMS

We ship out Jalen Rose, Mo Taylor and their expiring contracts to ANY TAKERS for next year or future draft picks. Jerome James, Jackie Butler, Malik Rose, Qyntel Woods just bodies for our youngs guys to work against in Practice.

I sign Radmonovic cause he plays the 4 and has one of the best strokes in the league, if you doubt then you didnt see what he did in the playoffs against the Suns. He put that team on his back. With Francis and Marbury able to penetrate we need them to be able to kickout to reliable shooters. Radmonovic is my NUMBER ONE GUY this off season.

Off the bench, Frye comes in for either Curry or Lee and Nate and Crawford come in for instant offense and instant SPARKS. Radmonovic he is the spot up shooter for the team and who helps create more spacing especially late in the games where Frye and Curry can be utililized in the Low Post to win more games.

Josh Boone gets some minutes cause he rebounds well and blocks shots and he is a legit 6'10". Shawne Williams is taken as a small forward of the future. He has amazing skills and will be a force.

We play at a tempo that is much faster than our last season. But not so fast, cause we want to get Curry involved early. Then when he heads to the bench and Radmonovic comes in, we play at a much faster pace with nate and Jamaal pushing the action.

This would be my plan of attack. The team can handle the half court set but running it thru Frye and Curry in the Low Post or have Marbury and Francis dictate the action. Q is our guy who does everything and he his our Defensive stopper.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i dont think we should use our 2nd pick on josh boone. we have way too many talented pf's to waste a pick on another one.

al harrington should deft be a priority. he should be our starter and then have shawne williams come off the bench. i wouldnt keep q-rich because of him bad mouthing team-mates last season. he should be used along with a pf or 2 to land a pf who is a big banger. whether it be jermaine o'neal, ben wallace, or kenyon martin i think we deft need a guy who will intimidate the other team from penetrating the lane. i would give q-rich and channing and maybe one more person or a draft pick to either detroit or indiana for either of their 'bangers'. i would NOT give denver frye in a deal for martin. maybe just q-rich and jerome james.

DaGreek34

Benchwarmer
Denver dont need Frye.. But they would want more than Q and probably would be one of the other guards probably Crawford to equal the cap hit.

Al Harrington I never liked his game. I didnt like him that much in Indi and I never liked him in Atl. He is decent dont get me wrong.. I just don't like his game. He is maturing and well he is going to want to reup for near max level and some team out there will give it. It wont be the Knicks. See bro, you like our PF, I dont. I like Lee, Frye and Curry for his offense. But the rest to me are just practice players. Butler did look good at times, but he was yanked within seconds of his first mistake time and time again. James is 30 years old and he will ride the Knick bench out for the remainder of his contract. I do think the 3 is weakest on the team and Harrington could really play well there. But I rather get a better shooter in Radmonovic.

Lee getting starters minutes will give us some of that banger mentality and Boone also is an ELITE shot blocker. i dont have his numbers off hand, but he puts up silly numbers in that category. I just like his game. he never saw the ball in the offense at UCONN but still managed a double double. Plus he measured a LEGIT 6'10" in Orlando. Guys like Shelden Williams and Rodney Carney has seen their stock drop cause they are much shorter than what they were listed at in their Teams Manual. Also Tyrus Thomas is small, he is only 6'7" not what I want my PF to be.

What are your thoughts on Radmonovic instead of Harrington? Do you know much about him? He is one of the games best shooters and can shoot over the smaller people who typically guard him with EASE.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i deft agree that radmonovich would be a worthy starter at the 3. not sure if it could happen but maybe q-rich for radmonovich straight up on a sign and trade. if we had to add a draft pick then so be it.

believe me its not like i like most of our pf's its just that i think we have a couple of pf's that no one will take (mo taylor & malik rose). thats y if we can get a dominant pf i would try to throw in one of them to just to get rid of some bad with the good. someone said a few weeks back we should maybe trade mo taylor and a draft pick for danny fortson. i would do mo taylor, channing frye, malik rose for rashard lewis and danny fortson. then we can still use q-rich to land radmonovich. the only reason i like harrington is because he's good friends with marbury and isiah helped develope his game in the first place. he been putting up good #'s lately too.

fortson could be a good backup pf to help intimidate on defense. hes also a force not 2 be f8cked with on the boards.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
1. ok so we do q-rich and a draft pick for radmonovich

2. channing frye, mo taylor, malike rose (we get rid of both of our waste of space) for rashard lewis & danny fortson.

3. q-rich, jerome james, & a future draft pick for kenyon martin.

our line-up is now lookingf like...

pg- francis
sg- marbury
sf- rashard lewis
pf- k-mart
c- curry

backups
pg- robinson
sg- crawford
sf- radmonovich/shawne williams (pick #20)
pf- lee/fortson/josh boone (pick #29)
c- butler

getting rid of 3 pf's with the seattle trade would clear up the clutter we have in that position. it would let us then pick up josh boone. lee and radmonovich could switch between the sf & pf depending on who were playing against. this is already like my 15th 'idea' since the offseason. im sure their will be many more. the only thing i wouldnt like about this roster is our depth @ the center positon.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
what to trade for any of the 3 bangers i mentioned b4...

jermaine o 'neal- frye, q-rich, jerome james

ben wallace- frye, q-rich, future draft pick

k-mart- q-rich, jerome james, & future draft pick

i wasted my whole lunch break brainstorming on ideas for the knicks, i think i have a problem. where can i go to get help?