Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Marbury: I want to die a Knick

What up everybody I'm new here but I have been a knick fan for a very long time so don't get it twisted. But concerning LB...before he went to the knicks, I thought LB was a good coach. But since he needs so many modifications to an already talented team then this questions his ability as a coach. Any other coach would play to a team's ability not towards a specific "old school" way. If you look at the roster now, the best type of offense to run would be to run. Not as up tempo as the Suns because many turnovers would occur. But LB wants to run a half-court set with a bunch of open court scorers. Other than JC, everyone else is slashers. As in Marbury...you don't have to like or love the guy...but you must repsect what he can do on the court. Don't point fingers on who's fault it is because that doesn't matter. But what does matter is who can get the job done and who can get the job done now

Isiah is probably not a better coach than Brown but he might be a better fit for the Knicks. It seems that Brown will not yield to anything and maybe in a couple of years from now when the players are more mature and have played with each other more, the Knicks and Brown could have been a better fit. Right now, the Knicks might need a coach that could cater to the primadonas of the team. They need a coach who understands what the team has and cater to the team's strengths. They need a nurturing coach who won't yell and bash the players in the media. Maybe a coach like Phil Jackson. I don't know...just a thought.

You guys rag on marbury for not passing enough or ballhogging, well first of all you havent watched him play at all, second of all steve nash is a great player, but one thing he is not is stephon marbury, nash will pass up on wide open layups to whip it behind his back off the backboard to a shawn marion at the three point line, he is honestly obsessed with passing the ball, and if u watch him he will dribble for 20 seconds until finally somebody goes for an ally oop or something. He is a great player but hes not super natural, he just never ever looks to shoot in marburys case he can score the ball almost at will, although every game i watched this season which was prolly aroudn 50 gtames or so he never got any calls, but yeah im almost ready to give up defending haters, you guys just dont like the guy, i cant wait for this year i think theyll be good and he will prove you wrong but i guess thats just me, apparently you all live in new york and hate the knicks and everybody on the team, go right ahead be my ****in guest.

Originally Posted by sxmarbury516
    lol u guys have some serious hate in ur heart. if u watched some of the games you would know he's not half as much a ball hog as the papers make him out to be. then again i cant even imagine them having artilcles on the knicks in the 'german times'.

yeah, it's ok, you already told us about your knowledge in geographics and how long you've been watching the nba and so on, but i've got just one question for you: have you ever heard about something called 'the internet', cause that's a place where you're able to read articles about any team or event in lots of different newspapers. and people outside the u.s. are even able to watch entire nba games, yes that's true, believe it or not.

How does hating Marbury have anything to do with hating the Knicks? I never understood that association. We didn't ask for the trade nor did we ask for the rest of the players on the team.

Veteran

Everyone who thinks Marbury should stay unless we can get "equal value" will discover what how worthless "Starbury" is if and when we try to trade him. The market decides how much anything is worth. Just look at the guards left in the playoffs. We won't even consider the top tier of Nash, Billups, Hamilton, and Wade. Do you think Dallas would take "Starbury" over Jason Terry, Josh Howard, Stackhouse, or even Devin Harris?? I don't think so. How about Phoenix taking Marbury for Barbosa or Bell??? They already know better than that. How about Riley taking Marbury for J. Williams??? At least "White Chocolate" learned the game from Hubie in Memphis and calmed his game down and lets Wade and Shaq shine. You think "Starbury " would do the same??? We all saw the ongoing saga between him and Larry so the answer is no. Riley would rather have an over the hill vet like Gary Peyton than "Starbury." Are you starting to see the problem??? All of us Knicks fans who are not from NY can clearly see "Starbury" for what he is: an undersized terrible excuse for a PG. And "Starbury" taking Charlie Ward in a game of one on one???? Please. "Starbury" plays no "D". Charlie was known for "D" and is a two sporter with a Heisman. NUFF SAID!!!!

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Allen, you're right that Larry should've had more than one season to work with this team. He's a proven coach and could've done great things for this team.

Realistically, he isn't gonna get it, and after what he's done, he really doesn't deserve the chance.

C'mon, how can you trust a guy that you've given $10 million a year tow ork for you and then goes off and bashes Marbury in the media one day after Dolan told him not to do it. Plus his wish list... JEEEEEZez Christ, I have a wish list and it includes a Ferrari but that doesn't mean I'm gonna cry if I don't get it.

Originally Posted by Pedro De Pacas
    yeah, it's ok, you already told us about your knowledge in geographics and how long you've been watching the nba and so on, but i've got just one question for you: have you ever heard about something called 'the internet', cause that's a place where you're able to read articles about any team or event in lots of different newspapers. and people outside the u.s. are even able to watch entire nba games, yes that's true, believe it or not.
    my point exactly. u keep reading your articles on the internet while ur mama's in the kitchen cookin weinershnitzel. the point ive been trying to make is the media doesn't say it how it is. i watched more than half the games last season and ive saw for myself stephon is NOT a ballhog. welcome to 2006 when its alright for the point guard to score. how come gilbert arenas dont take heat for scoring as much as he does? he doesnt average as many apg. what im saying is dont develope such a strong opinion just from what u read from the media. marbury has been in the doghouse with them since he fired back @ LB. i bet u could count on one hand how many full knick games u watched last season, same way u can count on that same one hand @ night b4 u go 2 bed.

We all must go to the beginning when Marbury just arrived from Phoenix. When Marbury just arrived from Phoenix he took us to the playoffs playing an excellent 2nd half of the season averaging just under 20 points and 9 assists....9 assists is not being a ball people, normally you pass the ball more than nine times to get nine assists. When Marbury arrived here he had heart and passion to win. The only thing he might be slightly guilty of is that he lost some fire...but when a coach tries to alter your game thus altering your confidence then that could do that to anyone's state of mind. The fact is that Marbury is the best player on this knick team right now, he must be our leader in order for the team to succeed with the current roster, and no one should ever have thought that LB was going to be the knicks savior...track record or not. Notice how LB talks GMs into players he wants instead of working with the players that he has. That's not a real coach...real coaches improve the skills and the abilities of the players that he currently has on his roster and does not rely on trades for success. And steve nash is a completely different ball game...Yes he deserved the MVP but he wasn't the most deserving. Lebron James was more deserving, Tim Duncan was more deserving, and Elton Brand should have had a fair shot. He is the best point guard only because this team is built to run with him...period. Look who previously had the best PG title...Jason Kidd...a team built to run. This is a PG's dream. Starbury averaged 8 assists on a team with a young Amare (who wasn't an elite foward at the time), Shawn Marion, and the young gunner Joe Johnson. This is not the same team that Nash is running today. Nash is a good PG but NO he's not the greatest PG of all-time, NO he isn't the best player in the league...NO he does not deserve to be in the top 50 players of all-time. If you have the exec of the year the previous year taht builds a team for the mold of his superstar player, then he just put his superstar player in the most ideal situation for him to thrive in his career. Another point to make is, Steve Nash doesn't make key plays, he doens't take game winning jumpers, and he doesn't take of the game. He is a great passer, not a great scorer, not a great defender, and not a go-to-guy. He is a prototypical pass first point guard that everyone has fallen in love with and I respect his game...but he's not the most deserving of the MVP

I'm sorry, but the best all around player on this team is Frye. His potential alone leaves Marbury in the dust. Every GM feels this way, it baffles me that fans don't realize it to. Everyone seems to have forgotten about Frye.

As for comparing him to Nash,
    Look just think about this...Raja Bell, Boris Diaw, Barbosa. Those guys are all possible All-Stars next season.

You think Marbury would of had the same effect on them???????

That my friends is the definition of a point guard, and an MVP.

Its not always about taking the big shot, its about winning ball games. Steph belongs on the Bobcats where he strut and do all he wants.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

That doesn't make any sense. Fry is a better player based on his potential? Na, you dont judge a player on his potential you judge him on his merit. In that case Curry is the best Center in the league if we judge him on potential. I'm not really disagreing with you regarding Frye having potential. He does and should be kept on the squad as a back up in order to build his skills. He's not on an elite level yet but one day he may be. Right now we should go with our strengths and Marbury like it or not is one of them. He still remains the only player on this team that can consistantly score 22 pts but he can't do it alone. It's not fair to the rookies to expect them to do too much. I've said it before n I'll say it again, we're two or three moves away.

good job

Originally Posted by Starks
    I'm sorry, but the best all around player on this team is Frye. His potential alone leaves Marbury in the dust. Every GM feels this way, it baffles me that fans don't realize it to. Everyone seems to have forgotten about Frye.

As for comparing him to Nash,
    Look just think about this...Raja Bell, Boris Diaw, Barbosa. Those guys are all possible All-Stars next season.

You think Marbury would of had the same effect on them???????

That my friends is the definition of a point guard, and an MVP.

Its not always about taking the big shot, its about winning ball games. Steph belongs on the Bobcats where he strut and do all he wants.
    Who has forgotten about frye? I know I haven't...and there is a difference between talent and potential. You are referring to potential and yes he does have a lot of potential but believe it or not he is not at all close to Marbury. If given enough freedom, Marbury is basically all you need. The man can take over a game any given night. I love frye to death but please don't think he's better than marbury right now because he's not. This is why everyone wants frye, not on what he has done...but what he can possibly be in the future. I agree with donchris on that point. Now with Nash...why do you overrate this guy so much...I love what he can do to a team but if you think he's so great...why hasn't he won a championship? Why hasn't he been to a championship? You have to do more than win the assist title to convince me of being an MVP. And with the wins comment...he's always does his damage in the season and never NEVER in the playoffs. He's doing his thing this year yes, but look how many role players are making the job look easy for him. Like what I said before, if diaw can drop 10-12 assists on any given night, then a point guard with the passing ability as Nash can have a field day. Don't get me wrong Steve Nash is a good point guard but for me...I only give credit when credit is due. And Raja, Boris, and Barbosa are not going to be all-stars next year so that point is wrong. There are good role players but not all-stars. And there is no true definition of a point guard...a point guard is your floor general, your leader...the guy who dictates and runs your offense. Wins come as a team...not from one player so your definition of a point guard is a little flawed. In that case BJ Armstrong has to be considered one of the best PG ever and trust me...that is not true. But I really won't go any further because you sound like you're a little biased...

Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    There are alot of bitches on this forum...and u all know who u are....
    You all make me sick.

You all are the ones who constantly need someone to bash.
    When Ewing was on the knicks - ya'll *****s wanted him gone - he's killing the franchise - we need to trade him while he still has some value...
    well he's gone and like a bunch of pussies that u guys are - u wish we could have a center now who is half as decent as he was...

Once Ewing was gone - u bitches needed to turn your hate and animosity on another target - aka H20...his contract is killing us, he's not the player he was, he's too injury prone - now that Allan is gone - u fools now wish that JC or Q could at least shoot the J as half as sweet as he could...

Now that H20 was bought out - u turn to the next target - Marbury: can't u see a f*****g trend here??!!
    I agree wit u playa

Am I the only one that thinks Nash is a better player than Marbury? This is insane that this topic is even being discussed.

do you guys think he is better than Billups, Ridnour, Kidd, Parker, Cassell, Bibby, Hinrich etc????

I'd hate to see the fantasy teams you guys have lol

look, I don't like Steph. In fact, the thought of him dying a knick almost made me throw up in my mouth when I read it. But I'm not making him a scapegoat. He is not the only problem with this team, but he is a part of it.

Just face it, we got burned just like the T-Wolves, Suns, and Nets.