Marbury: I want to die a Knick

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
The bottom line is Isiah is the cancer within the Knicks not Marbury or Fances or Crawford or Curry...etc... Isiah is the problem because he does not know how to assemble a team properly, manage a team and unlike his drafting ability, can not assess current NBA talent properly. There is more to reading into a player then his stats. You have to know how a player fits into a system and interacts with his fellow team mates. The type of Man he is and if a player, regardless of their talent, could actually be a detrement to a team. Isiah doesn't seem to know how to do that. He doesn't know how to formulate a system then construct it. Perfect example, he starting building a run and gun team and hire a methodical defensive minded coach!?????!!!!!!?????!!!!!!!?????????!!!!?
If that alone doesn't show is inability as a GM, then..... Never mind the cap problem he took and turned in into a cap hell!!

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
haha you guys just never stop...this is wearing me out...look at my past posts, I really don't like repeating myself...LB was the problem not Isiah and I'm leaving it alone...we can go at it forever and stay at a stalemate. This season will put someone to rest...

Allen

Benchwarmer
Isiah Thomas's tenure as General Manager of the NY Knicks can be summed up like this...

To the Chicago Bulls:

Tim Thomas

Michael Sweetney

NY Knicks UNPROTECTED first round draft pick

The right to SWITCH draft picks at next years draft.

To the NY Knicks:

Eddy Curry

Antonio Davis.

Now which GM in the NBA is stupid enough to make that deal?

Which GM is stupid enough to give their whole mid level exeception to Jerome James?

Answer...Isiah Thomas.

Nothing else needs to be said.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I know right?! Most of these people are always trying to find the scapegoat faster than the New York Media! Like most hippocrates aka haters on this site they want to bash someone until they're gone and then cry for someone to take there place. I agree with you 100%...the kid is from NYC...if he wants to die a knick let him die a knick. The kid is a balla period he plays to win not for the money or for stats like most of you haters say....

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The more I look at the Knicks salaries the more I really think Francis or Marbury need to go. I've been against blaming Marbury for the troubled year but that is not what I'm talking about. Based on the cap, we are screwed! Mabury will make 20 million in 07/08. Do any of you think Steph is worth 20 mill? I like the dude, I really do but one of them will ether have to take off and dominate the game, which really should be neather of them, it should be Eddie Curry, or one of them must be traded. I honestly hope Thomas can pull it all together but really the Francis trade was one of his worst moves. If this dude ant trade bait I really don't understand what is going on.

This will be my final year making excuses for the Knicks.

This is it. Ether they all step up or we tear the whole team down. Zek included. His back is against the wall. But unlike most of you I will continue to root for Thomas, Marbury and the Knicks one final time.

metrocard

Legend
The 1 and Only: You are truly full of girl flaws. Change your tampon, and get off the bozak. If you don't want a personal reaction, don't say anything that can be taken personally. Again you live to form as the drunk chick poppin off from a distance...TYPICAL!

DR. CARPY: What do you know bout tampons dawg? Have you been experimenting? This is a basketball forum not a diss forum. So if you experiment using tampons then keep it to yourself cuz no one wants to know about you or you're PMS tantrums. Talk sports...not u hittin on drunk chicks. My final words you to is get a life....anyone can talk trash on the internet but if it all came down to it... how many 260 pound girls you know playa? I will stomp you down with one shoe dawg. I'm through with you playa...you the lil bia bia that just can't keep his mouth shut. I will give you permission to keep running ur mouth but you'll only be talking to a ghost cuz I won't be listening....1

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.

6'0 250 Lbs. In Edmonton AB, Canada. Still unafraid. Still here. I'm married by the way. I fought with bigger guys than you. And I've yet to lose. Your a parrot. I write something clever and you echo it back, incoherently.You seemed to have taken this waaay more personal than me. Read your posts. You are SWEET! That's what I do. I used to program databases. Now I run the network. So I guess I'm stupid, cause I make six figures. An even in canadian, that probably 3-6x you. Again Edmonton. Alberta. Canada. PM if you want the address. Cause you still come like a chick. Later Venus!!! I'll expect your post in the next 15 minutes...you seem to be at my beck and call....

I see Chris Paul moving up to second place on that PG list real fast.

Not a bad prediction

Answers:
1) I guess Brown felt that during productive times veterans should be playing to keep production moving forward. Rookies make mistakes and I am guessing that he was more concerned about trying to get a W instead of getting some playing time for a rookie.
2) Riley and VanGundy used the media to get messages to their players. This is a tactic that is used by many coaches.
3) That is the claims by Isiah and Dolan and Brown has not made any statements about this so I can not comment on it. I watched that joke on MSG as well and I noticed that neither Isiah or Dolan took on any of the blaim for the season. It is easy to dance on someone's grave!
4) I agree that 40 lineup changes is absurd but I also know what I saw and I saw a team that gave up well before the end of the season. Brown was desperate to get a string of wins together and I also think he felt the presure form the media as well.
5) Again, this is what was said by tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber.
6) I do not agree that this team, as a whole is that talented. There are players with skills but this roster is so patched up with styles that conflict with eachother that I doubt that any coach would have done a whole lot better. I bet you guys anything, that Isiah is fired by mid season! I predict that this team, by the all star break will fire Isiah because of the record. Brown tried to implement his system and the players resisted because they didn't like the system. That is like me going to a new job and refusing to abide by the rules of my boss because I don't like them.

I agree that the coach can only take on so much of blame and accolade. That the majority of the result is dictated by the players. A coach is like the icing on the cake, but if the coach has a system that is proven then I feel it can very much help a team to improve. He wanted everyone to take on a role and everyone wanted to be the man. Riley wrote a book and within the book he writes about the power of team being greater than the power of the 1 individual, no matter how good that player is. Chuck Daily was one of the toughest hard line coaches that there was. He had Rodman, Lambeer and other guys that were very hard nose, listen to him. No coach will ever get this team in line unless he steps back and lets the players basically do what they want, like street ball. If you feel that is the way for the Knicks, then God bless ya, I am not one of those guys. I think this team needs to be structured and controlled. I am sure that they will have a looser feel about them, but I also feel that they will only add about 10 wins over lastyear. I do not want mediocroty, I want greatness and this team will never achieve that. I want a team that can be a force, and this team will never be that, not with the current roster.

When did Riley and Van Gundy consistently bash his star players until the point he was provoked into a negative response?

Riley and VanGundy, both when they were Knicks coaches, called out everyone at one time or another, to step up their game in the press. Both guys, when they coached the Knicks, have said negative things about the team to press and on radio talk shows.

There has to be some truth to it...these allegations might be the reason he won't get paid his full contract. And LB didn't take complete blame either?! When somebody spills the milk it's always no one's fault...even when you are 65+ years old

From what I understand, coaches talking to other teams personel about possible deals is not that uncommon. I heard that on The Mike and The Mad Dog show on air in NYC. That is where I got that information from. Also, yes Brown has to take some of the blame, I never said he wasn't accountable at all. My argument has always been that you guys seem to give the players a free pass and they are to blame as well. We all have seen in every sport that a digruntled player can make hell for his team. The Knicks orginazation did a poor job in supporting Larry Brown and letting the players know that he iss the boss and they need to listen to him or they will be shipped out to Atlanta or Portland as a punishment (lol). Really, they should have gotten LB's back. Again, he never found a formula that worked for him, and he experimented way too many times.

He had the whole training camp and preseason to get to know his players...NO EXCUSES

He did and he started the season with a set lineup. He made changes after they couldn't pull out a win within the first few weeks of the season.

why would you argue with your GM and Owner? Is that the right thing to do? Is that what a hall of fame coach would do? He needs to ask himself...what would jesus do fo real because that was childish. And So you don't believe a lineup such as PG Starbury SG Crawford SF Q-Rich PF Frye or Rose C Eddy Curry... is talented? hmmmm

I am not sure he did argue all the time with them, again that is what they are saying. Brown has a rep for being a tuff stubborn guy! Isiah knew that when he hired him. Isiah knew that he was tuff on his guys and didn't play rookies alot. This is not breaking news people, he is know for this. Brown is old school and he is set in his ways. Again, Isiah knew all of this and hired him. You can not bring in a guy knowing his ways and then complain when he acts like himself. Isiah is protecting Isiah. Brown, sat in a meeting with them and basicallly told the Knicks orginization that this roster will never go anywhere and if they wanted him to bring NY back to respectability, there needed to be a major roster revamp! You know what.... He is 100% right! PG Starbury SG Crawford SF Q-Rich PF Frye or Rose C Eddy Curry are all talented players but togther on the same roster they STINK!!!! Break them up and scatter them on different teams they will add to that roster. Frye, is still developing so he gets time to prove himself as well as Lee, Nate and the new rookies. Curry has to step up this year and start to be a force in the middle. If he has another sub par year he is a total bust! Crawford would be great with a run and gun team. If the Knicks turn into that (and God I hope not), he would fit. But you are forgetting that Frances will start not Crawford. Marbury..... Read all my posts since I joined this Forum. If Marbury was being paid 4-5 million a year, I would love him. He would be my sixth man. I would bring him off the bench with his energy and drive and start him at the 2 for some matchups. If he had a much lower salary, evey team would want him. Q-rich is another player that should come off the bench at this point in his career. At times he is tremendous but then his back acts up and he is a different player. J Rose will be traded.
Oh, you forgot to mention the other super stars that Isiah picked up:

Malik Rose, that dominate power forward that scares ever team when he rolls into town.

Taylor, that versital scorer that can break down a D and cause havok in the paint.

J James, that killer center who come into the game and bangs the boards and blocks shots.

Q Woods (if he comes back), the Knicks answer to their prayers for a 3.

Excellent.