Marbury: I want to die a Knick

jimkcchief88

All Star
Everyone who thinks Marbury should stay unless we can get "equal value" will discover what how worthless "Starbury" is if and when we try to trade him. The market decides how much anything is worth. Just look at the guards left in the playoffs. We won't even consider the top tier of Nash, Billups, Hamilton, and Wade. Do you think Dallas would take "Starbury" over Jason Terry, Josh Howard, Stackhouse, or even Devin Harris?? I don't think so. How about Phoenix taking Marbury for Barbosa or Bell??? They already know better than that. How about Riley taking Marbury for J. Williams??? At least "White Chocolate" learned the game from Hubie in Memphis and calmed his game down and lets Wade and Shaq shine. You think "Starbury " would do the same??? We all saw the ongoing saga between him and Larry so the answer is no. Riley would rather have an over the hill vet like Gary Peyton than "Starbury." Are you starting to see the problem??? All of us Knicks fans who are not from NY can clearly see "Starbury" for what he is: an undersized terrible excuse for a PG. And "Starbury" taking Charlie Ward in a game of one on one???? Please. "Starbury" plays no "D". Charlie was known for "D" and is a two sporter with a Heisman. NUFF SAID!!!! :afro:

portega1968

El Cacique
Allen, you're right that Larry should've had more than one season to work with this team. He's a proven coach and could've done great things for this team.

Realistically, he isn't gonna get it, and after what he's done, he really doesn't deserve the chance.

C'mon, how can you trust a guy that you've given $10 million a year tow ork for you and then goes off and bashes Marbury in the media one day after Dolan told him not to do it. Plus his wish list... JEEEEEZez Christ, I have a wish list and it includes a Ferrari but that doesn't mean I'm gonna cry if I don't get it.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
Pedro De Pacas said:
yeah, it's ok, you already told us about your knowledge in geographics and how long you've been watching the nba and so on, but i've got just one question for you: have you ever heard about something called 'the internet', cause that's a place where you're able to read articles about any team or event in lots of different newspapers. and people outside the u.s. are even able to watch entire nba games, yes that's true, believe it or not. :moon:

my point exactly. u keep reading your articles on the internet while ur mama's in the kitchen cookin weinershnitzel. the point ive been trying to make is the media doesn't say it how it is. i watched more than half the games last season and ive saw for myself stephon is NOT a ballhog. welcome to 2006 when its alright for the point guard to score. how come gilbert arenas dont take heat for scoring as much as he does? he doesnt average as many apg. what im saying is dont develope such a strong opinion just from what u read from the media. marbury has been in the doghouse with them since he fired back @ LB. i bet u could count on one hand how many full knick games u watched last season, same way u can count on that same one hand @ night b4 u go 2 bed.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
We all must go to the beginning when Marbury just arrived from Phoenix. When Marbury just arrived from Phoenix he took us to the playoffs playing an excellent 2nd half of the season averaging just under 20 points and 9 assists....9 assists is not being a ball people, normally you pass the ball more than nine times to get nine assists. When Marbury arrived here he had heart and passion to win. The only thing he might be slightly guilty of is that he lost some fire...but when a coach tries to alter your game thus altering your confidence then that could do that to anyone's state of mind. The fact is that Marbury is the best player on this knick team right now, he must be our leader in order for the team to succeed with the current roster, and no one should ever have thought that LB was going to be the knicks savior...track record or not. Notice how LB talks GMs into players he wants instead of working with the players that he has. That's not a real coach...real coaches improve the skills and the abilities of the players that he currently has on his roster and does not rely on trades for success. And steve nash is a completely different ball game...Yes he deserved the MVP but he wasn't the most deserving. Lebron James was more deserving, Tim Duncan was more deserving, and Elton Brand should have had a fair shot. He is the best point guard only because this team is built to run with him...period. Look who previously had the best PG title...Jason Kidd...a team built to run. This is a PG's dream. Starbury averaged 8 assists on a team with a young Amare (who wasn't an elite foward at the time), Shawn Marion, and the young gunner Joe Johnson. This is not the same team that Nash is running today. Nash is a good PG but NO he's not the greatest PG of all-time, NO he isn't the best player in the league...NO he does not deserve to be in the top 50 players of all-time. If you have the exec of the year the previous year taht builds a team for the mold of his superstar player, then he just put his superstar player in the most ideal situation for him to thrive in his career. Another point to make is, Steve Nash doesn't make key plays, he doens't take game winning jumpers, and he doesn't take of the game. He is a great passer, not a great scorer, not a great defender, and not a go-to-guy. He is a prototypical pass first point guard that everyone has fallen in love with and I respect his game...but he's not the most deserving of the MVP

Starks

Starter
I'm sorry, but the best all around player on this team is Frye. His potential alone leaves Marbury in the dust. Every GM feels this way, it baffles me that fans don't realize it to. Everyone seems to have forgotten about Frye.

As for comparing him to Nash,
Look just think about this...Raja Bell, Boris Diaw, Barbosa. Those guys are all possible All-Stars next season.

You think Marbury would of had the same effect on them???????

That my friends is the definition of a point guard, and an MVP.

Its not always about taking the big shot, its about winning ball games. Steph belongs on the Bobcats where he strut and do all he wants.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
That doesn't make any sense. Fry is a better player based on his potential? Na, you dont judge a player on his potential you judge him on his merit. In that case Curry is the best Center in the league if we judge him on potential. I'm not really disagreing with you regarding Frye having potential. He does and should be kept on the squad as a back up in order to build his skills. He's not on an elite level yet but one day he may be. Right now we should go with our strengths and Marbury like it or not is one of them. He still remains the only player on this team that can consistantly score 22 pts but he can't do it alone. It's not fair to the rookies to expect them to do too much. I've said it before n I'll say it again, we're two or three moves away.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Starks said:
I'm sorry, but the best all around player on this team is Frye. His potential alone leaves Marbury in the dust. Every GM feels this way, it baffles me that fans don't realize it to. Everyone seems to have forgotten about Frye.

As for comparing him to Nash,
Look just think about this...Raja Bell, Boris Diaw, Barbosa. Those guys are all possible All-Stars next season.

You think Marbury would of had the same effect on them???????

That my friends is the definition of a point guard, and an MVP.

Its not always about taking the big shot, its about winning ball games. Steph belongs on the Bobcats where he strut and do all he wants.

Who has forgotten about frye? I know I haven't...and there is a difference between talent and potential. You are referring to potential and yes he does have a lot of potential but believe it or not he is not at all close to Marbury. If given enough freedom, Marbury is basically all you need. The man can take over a game any given night. I love frye to death but please don't think he's better than marbury right now because he's not. This is why everyone wants frye, not on what he has done...but what he can possibly be in the future. I agree with donchris on that point. Now with Nash...why do you overrate this guy so much...I love what he can do to a team but if you think he's so great...why hasn't he won a championship? Why hasn't he been to a championship? You have to do more than win the assist title to convince me of being an MVP. And with the wins comment...he's always does his damage in the season and never NEVER in the playoffs. He's doing his thing this year yes, but look how many role players are making the job look easy for him. Like what I said before, if diaw can drop 10-12 assists on any given night, then a point guard with the passing ability as Nash can have a field day. Don't get me wrong Steve Nash is a good point guard but for me...I only give credit when credit is due. And Raja, Boris, and Barbosa are not going to be all-stars next year so that point is wrong. There are good role players but not all-stars. And there is no true definition of a point guard...a point guard is your floor general, your leader...the guy who dictates and runs your offense. Wins come as a team...not from one player so your definition of a point guard is a little flawed. In that case BJ Armstrong has to be considered one of the best PG ever and trust me...that is not true. But I really won't go any further because you sound like you're a little biased...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Trin_Starr said:
There are alot of bitches on this forum...and u all know who u are....
You all make me sick.

You all are the ones who constantly need someone to bash.
When Ewing was on the knicks - ya'll niggas wanted him gone - he's killing the franchise - we need to trade him while he still has some value...
well he's gone and like a bunch of pussies that u guys are - u wish we could have a center now who is half as decent as he was...

Once Ewing was gone - u bitches needed to turn your hate and animosity on another target - aka H20...his contract is killing us, he's not the player he was, he's too injury prone - now that Allan is gone - u fools now wish that JC or Q could at least shoot the J as half as sweet as he could...

Now that H20 was bought out - u turn to the next target - Marbury: can't u see a f*****g trend here??!!

I agree wit u playa

Starks

Starter
Am I the only one that thinks Nash is a better player than Marbury? This is insane that this topic is even being discussed.

do you guys think he is better than Billups, Ridnour, Kidd, Parker, Cassell, Bibby, Hinrich etc????

I'd hate to see the fantasy teams you guys have lol

look, I don't like Steph. In fact, the thought of him dying a knick almost made me throw up in my mouth when I read it. But I'm not making him a scapegoat. He is not the only problem with this team, but he is a part of it.

Just face it, we got burned just like the T-Wolves, Suns, and Nets.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Don't worry Starks, I can continue that list for you.....Rip, Ben "air" Gordon, Iverson, Baron Davis, Smush Parker, G. Arenas.... the list goes on and on. He doesn't make his teamates better as alluded to before so he is not a PG, but is too small, unathletic, and lazy to be a 2 guard in today's NBA. And on top of all that he is a crybaby too. So what's that leave you with? The most overpaid player in the NBA that no one else will want. We won't be able to give this big-mouth cry baby away and we might get stuck with him. :hoops:

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
jimkcchief88 said:
Don't worry Starks, I can continue that list for you.....Rip, Ben "air" Gordon, Iverson, Baron Davis, Smush Parker, G. Arenas.... the list goes on and on. He doesn't make his teamates better as alluded to before so he is not a PG, but is too small, unathletic, and lazy to be a 2 guard in today's NBA. And on top of all that he is a crybaby too. So what's that leave you with? The most overpaid player in the NBA that no one else will want. We won't be able to give this big-mouth cry baby away and we might get stuck with him. :hoops:

sorry guys, i'm definitly not a fan of stephon marbury, but right now, i think you're doin him wrong.
talkin' of pg's in their classical role as a playmaker, you're right. guys like kidd, nash, ridnour, hinrich, andre miller or billups are doin a better job on that.
but i can't agree on your opinion, that marbury really is that bad.
c'mon...smush parker, ridnour... i mean based on talent and skills marbury really is one of the better players at pg...
..but i'd prefer any floor-leader with a pass first-mentality too.
and i also think that -despite the fact he is a good player- marbury won't make any team better or say that better to become more than a playoff-contender.
the only way out of this mess would be a trade for a guy like lamar odom, cause alongside that kind of player, the team could benefit of marbs play

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
lol i cant believe u guys got the balls 2 say "smush parker over stephon marbury". that makes me just wanna stop trying to prove my point to some of u morons. U WIN, since i cant stoop down to ur 3rd grade education level. out of the POINT guards u named here are the guys i would put over stephon right now...

steve nash & gilbert arenas

i think this season steph will go back to playing his normal aggressive style of basketball. this in turn will turn into a lot more points, assists, & wins. a few of u have mentioned how stephon has been blown out the water by chauncey billups. how chauncey deserves mvp honors. now without any of u mentioning the fact of billups playing better d this season tell me why he woulda deserved it with...
18.5 ppg 8.6apg .88spg

"starbury the ball hog" has a 10 year career of...
20.2ppg 8.1 apg 1.27 spg

i would take marbury who is younger and has better #'s on paper over chauncey any day. say what u want about how bad u think my fantasy team would be. i took 3rd out of 12 and used my 1st round pick on stephon. and even with my 1st round pick having the worst seasons of his career i still killd it.

marbury, nash, and arenas will battle it out this year for best point guard (sorry kidd is gettin too old)... and maybe chris paul can prove himself a worthy contender in his 2nd year.

Starks

Starter
All jokes aside, you really think steph is better than billups???

Hey to each his own, but that is a very bold statement.

How did u become such a Marbury fan though. I never heard of anyone supporting him as much as you have. I admire it though. I blindly defended John Starks all through his career, and I still ignore game 7 in Houston.

When it comes to Steph and knick fans, there is always gona be huge divide. It seems all the younger fans love him, while the older guys think he is a cancer.

But when comparing guards in the league, theres two areas that are the biggest detriment to Steph. #1 He claims hes the best PG. POINT GUARD!
#2 His contract.

If it came to skills, or just who would win one on one, steph would be up there for sure. But as for the complete package, what he brings to a franchise simply doesn't match his contract. This is the reason coaches dont like him, and GM's avoid him like AIDS.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
ive been a die-hard fan ever since his rookie year just for the simple fact he was from ny and was part of the one of the best draft classes ever.

when i was in 9th grade i saw in the paper that marbury was having a camp like 20 mins from my house. i couldnt pass it up. i went and it was a good time. he played like 20 kids 1 on 1, i was one of them. granted he beat me 2-0 by popping two 3 pointers in my face it was all good. i was only goin into 9th grade.

then 2001 came around and he had a camp out in basketball city in manhattan. i went to the camp and the point guard clinic. by now i was goin into 12th grade and had stepped my game up. i took 2nd in the 1 on 1 tournament during the camp only losing to some huge 6'4 kid (im only 5'7). out of the whole 150 kids there i won one of the 3 awards @ the end of camp. it was the 'most disicplined' award. then in the point guard clinic i took 1st in the 1 on 1 tournament. his brother was my coach in the scrimage league we had. don was a cool guy. sebastian telfair's father was there. and they all could tell how big a fan i was cuz i rockd a different authentic jersey everyday of camp.

but i was suprised as to how chill stephon was. one lunch break im sitting off to the side and he comes over sits next 2 me and we started browsing thru a SLAM magazine. he was just really down to earth. the last day of camp he was gettin ready 2 leave n he let me snap one last pic of him in his bentley. and then even let me check out the interior of it.

a month later he had a carnival right next to basketball city. he remembered who i was and bullshitted with me for a lil bit. then i saw his brother don and he let me into the vip section where celebs like fat joe, telfair, t-mac, penny, sharief abdur-raheim were all chillin. i got some autographs. 2 be honest the only asshole there was t-mac. he sat @ some table the whole time just kickin game to some hot chick. when i finally grew up the balls to walk up and ask for an autograph after his girl left his bodyguard steps in front and was like "mr mcgrady isnt signing autographs". im like whatever so i waited for him to walk past me and as he did i put out my hand and was like "goodluck next season tracy" he walkd past me like i didnt even exist. since then i never had respect for the guy, no matter how much skillz he has.

but yea thats pretty much it. ive followed him since 96. i watched all his playoff games as a t-wolve, i watched almost every game he played as a net, i watched the playoff games as a sun, and now almost every game he played as a knick. i know the how the guy plays. thats y when i hear some hard-headed person making sh*t up about the way he plays, im right there defending him. i guess its the same way u were with starks. dam this ended up longer than i thought. but whatever im jus sittin @ work bored anyway.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Well building a fantasy team is completely different than building an NBA franchise because if you were building a fantasy team....why wouldn't you draft Marbury?! the man is averaging 20 pts and 8 asts for his career. But as far as being the best PG go by self accomplishments only because when you bring wins into the situation then it's not fair because the Sun's have a better built team than the knicks right now. I don't care if you like starbury or not that's your problem....it's just the fact that you have to respect what he has done and what he can do under the right system (LB's system not being one of them). If you go by numbers...Starbury is better than most PGs but the only reason some of ya'll deny that is because of his attitude and some of you personally don't like the guy. If you have never met the guy, quit judging him. Because if you haven't realized, most people are completely different off the court than on the court. Trust me I know. And again how is starbury a ballhog?? I need proof peops! If you don't have nothing put up on the matter then shut up about it. Get your facts straight before outrageous comments are made. Our days are far away from the Ewing era so are you guys going to individually scapegoat the whole team before we start winning?

Starks

Starter
That story should be published in the Post. Seriously, i never knew Marbury had a down to earth side like that. Its refreshing to hear that.

I understand where your coming from now dude. When Starks gave me his autograph, i ended up defending him to the grave that instant.

Its funny when you see how players act outside the court. They can win and lose more fans off the court than on.

I always knew TMAC was a dik. You can tell by his interviews. He is an ugly piece of trash "Fabolous" wana be. (tell me he doesnt remind you of that wak rapper)

How much does it cost to run a full at basketball city? me and the guys i play with have been meaning to find an indoor gym.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Starks said:
#1 He claims hes the best PG. POINT GUARD!

You had to understand the context in which that was said.
You have to agree with me that the NY media are bunch of snakes. They'll slit their own mother's throat for a good story...

Now it's the day b4 kidd goes up against marbury and every time NJ faces NY, the reporters always try to hype up the same old story kidd vs marbury.
The reporter at the time was asking him does he think he or kidd is the better PG - what kind of fucked up question is that??? if I am going up against a conference rival - i am not going to admit any type of disadvantage so that the nets get some psychological edge...I'm not going to say oh yeah kidd is better than me and because of that the knicks cannot win...

By the way, when they asked Shaq what he thought of Marbury's comments - he said that he thought he was the best SCORING point guard in the NBA...and normally Shaq is a man who tells it as it is and doesn't give a f#ck whose feelings he may hurt.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
its good 2 see some people understanding what i mean. the begining of this thread was all a bunch of hatin sonz of bitchs' sayin this and that. but they dont make any points. its all from an opinion based on something they read somewhere.

trin_star made a good point about the whole shaq comment. that oughta shut up some people. then u got 'the one and only' spreadin some knowledge on the topic too. they know what theyre talkin about. all u people u hate marbury for this reason n that just gotta leave it alone. if it doesn't have to do with something truthful about the way he plays on the court then dont bother opeing ur mouth.

starks im not sure how much it would cost to run a court in basketball city. the place is huge tho. it has like 6 full length courts in it. check into it tho im sure u could get the # online somwhere.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
He can't do it alone. Usually a failed season isn't one players fault. Most good or great teams have three scoring options. We have 1.5 if you count Crawford so here's what I suggest, and feedback is appreciated.

Trade Richardson and J. Rose for Rashard Lewis
Francis for Al Harrington "May be one more player if necessary

Line up:
Curry
Lewis
Harrington
Crawford
Marbury

Done end of problem, second round of playoffs, that simple.
What do you think?